PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts plz.

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 02:47 PM
I have just started on the server with 3 other friends. They rolled wood elves so I Made a paladin, which i just dont like for some reason. I have played an epic SK which i loved, but wanted to try something kinda diff. So to be able to stay with them in a group i was thinking of going wood elf warrior. It would put me close to them, make me a tank, and i like how their plate looks ><. I would eventually like to raid but I know I have a long road ahead. opinion?

Erati
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
your plan sounds fine for me

Paladin is a rough life if you are not ready to accept it ( or feel sad when other people dont accept you! )

Make a Woodie Warrior and enjoy kicking

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 03:43 PM
im pretty hype about this wood elf war!

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 04:04 PM
whats some good cheap war weps i should shoot for?

Glenzig
04-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Green Jade Broadsword.

captnamazing
04-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Green Jade Broadsword.

Jarsath Trident
Sionachie's Partisan

Enjoy wood elf warrior. They aren't common, which always makes for entertainment. Hide is a great bonus for a new warrior. You won't be able to interrupt spells with your kick until level 55, so you will either get nuked a lot more or play like a baller and manually equip your shield every time you need to Bash stun a caster.

captnamazing
04-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Additionally, if you get a ride to Dreadlands and cross the perilous wastes, you can sit in Karnor's Castle for a day and loot a bunch of Jarsath Scale Armor fo FREE. Some of the stats are wonky as fuck, like helm, pants, bracers, not good for warrior, but the AC is good and it's free. Do you fucking hear me? FREE

go get it!

it's rotting right now
FREEEEeeee

Alde
04-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Wood elf warrior is a great choice.

Malone88
04-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Jarsath Trident
Sionachie's Partisan

Partisan is BRD only right?
Sword of Skyfire is a good one (though mainhand only)

baalzy
04-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Go Rallos Zek and you can get:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Field_Breastplate_(Rallos_Zek)) gear.

Looks like a darker shade of bronze.

Gives +52 str and +22 sta if you only use 1 bracer and skip the belt (you'll want haste item in belt & hero bracer on other arm). It's pretty cheap cause it only requires jades to make, so it's not like alot of the cultural armors which cost an arm and a leg to make. However, it is fairly rare.

Still, it's pretty boss. My wood elf warrior is decked in out.

Also, as a wood elf you can get a http://wiki.project1999.com/Fist_of_Zek for dirt cheap and have no problem using it cause you got agility to spare, you can still use the jarsath and be right at 75agi. Fantastic off-hand damage dealer.

FlipisWin
04-26-2014, 01:06 AM
thanks for all the info and suggestions guys, great feedback. Any tips on how to be a good warrior and not another fail one? would rather not embarass myself.

captnamazing
04-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Partisan is BRD only right?
Sword of Skyfire is a good one (though mainhand only)

You're right, my mistake. I meant the Shimmering Partisan:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shimmering_Partisan

captnamazing
04-26-2014, 06:16 PM
thanks for all the info and suggestions guys, great feedback. Any tips on how to be a good warrior and not another fail one? would rather not embarass myself.

Call your target

Don't break mezz

Use taunt when you have lost aggro. it's purpose is to place you 1 hate above the highest player on the aggro list, not to generate a chunk every time you press it

get sow pots then JBoots

probably most important, find a group of people who you can group with regularly

FlipisWin
04-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Where can i get SoW pots?

captnamazing
04-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Where can i get SoW pots?

Buy them in EC tunnel for 100pp from a shaman.

The purpose of these is to avoid needless deaths while you're a low level, undergeared warrior travelling around.

Don't use it excessively, since you can often times bum SoWs from friendly people. However, having one on hand when you know you're crossing a dangerous zone can mean the difference between getting to the other side and dying in some weird location and doing a CR.

FlipisWin
04-26-2014, 08:41 PM
I really appreciate all your input bro, hate to keep bugging you and everyone else with all these questions. My friends and I are lvl 13-15 and in Unrest, what can i do to earn some plat for gear? lol with my current woody str after putting on just the armor i have, i am 1 overweight ><. The struggle is real when i go slamming bags full of stuff to sell. Loving the character so far though, good times.

captnamazing
04-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Right now you really can't make much money. Unrest will give you a shitload of bronze and stuff that you can sell for 1-2pp per item. Gather all of this that you can. Delete copper, and even silver. At some point silver will weigh more per plat than the same amount of loot you could carry.

Encumbrance becomes a thing of the past once you get some decent equipment with STR stats on it. I was encumbered constantly till about level 20, I think, and even then I didn't have enough weight reduction bags to carry all the loot I wanted.

Your best bet for $$ and xp is Unrest, Mistmoore (get the gargoyle eyes), and Guk.

Kekephee
04-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Right now you really can't make much money. Unrest will give you a shitload of bronze and stuff that you can sell for 1-2pp per item. Gather all of this that you can. Delete copper, and even silver. At some point silver will weigh more per plat than the same amount of loot you could carry.

Encumbrance becomes a thing of the past once you get some decent equipment with STR stats on it. I was encumbered constantly till about level 20, I think, and even then I didn't have enough weight reduction bags to carry all the loot I wanted.

Your best bet for $$ and xp is Unrest, Mistmoore (get the gargoyle eyes), and Guk.

Filbus confirmed spent levels 1-30 making me stop and wait for him to catch up while we were running across zones

"You have to go pull Keke, I'm too encumbered to move"