PDA

View Full Version : Flash of Light?

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 12:22 PM
So I hit lvl 9 and grouped in CB, and cant for the life of me get aggro. Flash of Light all day but still cant peel aggro. Is this normal? and please god tell me it gets better. miss my clinging alrdy =(

oldschooltrader
04-25-2014, 12:31 PM
flash of light should be snapping aggro..

esp in Crushbone. Are you grouped with 3 epic rogues?

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 12:36 PM
nope, chanter druid and rogue. we all just started together. never felt so useless in my life.

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 12:43 PM
also wanted to ask while i was here, are pallies ever needed on raids on this server? or are they shunned away?

Deldanko
04-25-2014, 12:52 PM
aggro management is the whole groups job. if youre casters are just nuking all day pulling aggro will be very hard

Tikker
04-25-2014, 02:06 PM
also wanted to ask while i was here, are pallies ever needed on raids on this server? or are they shunned away?

Good players are always welcome, regardless of class

baalzy
04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Flash of light is a blind spell. Blinding a mob basically acts like Root if there are players within range (Meaning, they attack whoever is standing closer). If no players are nearby then the mob will flee as if they'd been feared.

Make sure you're standing the closest to the mob when you cast flash.

captnamazing
04-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Your ability to get aggro is not only on you - it's also on the rest of your group. Is that rogue wielding an epic and plowing backstabs? If yes, then gg. Is that chanter chainnuking? If yes, slap him. Chanter nukes are craZee hate. Is that druid being worthless in 40 levels? yes

As a paladin at 50+ you'll be a lot less desirable as a tank. During the levelling decades, you'll have an easier time holding aggro and probably die less than a warrior. But come raid time, you will only ever tank planar raids. People will be racist towards you for your xp penalty. At least pre-come velious.

All that said if playing a paladin gets you rock hard like chiseled flint, go for it!

Danth
04-29-2014, 11:40 AM

I wouldn't say Paladins are shunned from raiding (someone has to loot class-specific drops after all) but they're not particularly sought after, either. Some guilds use their hybrids to tank a great deal of the time, some almost never do. It varies from guild to guild. When not acting in a tank role a Paladin usually serves as a self-sufficient tertiary healer.

Flash of light should be holding aggro provided you can cast it enough (which can be troublesome prior to having Meditate). If it isn't, something's up. Is your caster rooting stuff? Life gets better at 12 once you have Meditate. Life gets *much* better at 30 with Stun, from where into the low/mid 50's the class is at its best.

Danth