PDA

View Full Version : Flurry Drakes (ToV)

Byrjun
04-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Way way too MR.

2 shamans put over 6k mana worth of slows into A Lava Defender, none landed with full debuffs (Malo/tash/oos).

Edit: Quallod we got slowed, but still an usually high # of resists. Was like 50-40% chance of landing a slow on flurry drakes on live if I had to guess.

Nirgon
04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Disease debuff + oos + disease slow?

Wasn't a shaman but we had to disease slow quite a lot of NPCs.

quido
04-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Isn't disease slow a later era?

Nirgon
04-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeh I better double check that but remember hearing that "a shaman has to slow this"... prob cuz of the rate and I'm blurring the lines with a Sontalak kill or something (before he was fixed).

Ya nvm, mixing that up!

Treats
04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Way way too MR.

2 shamans put over 6k mana worth of slows into A Lava Defender, none landed with full debuffs (Malo/tash/oos).

Edit: Quallod we got slowed, but still an usually high # of resists. Was like 50-40% chance of landing a slow on flurry drakes on live if I had to guess.

You should be dead anyway after the second or third attempt at slowing them.

Probably not correct on the MR but eh if you're living through 3k mana of slows thats not right either.

BattleToad
04-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Last night I got maybe every 1 out of 6 slows if any on X mob.

Couldn't land without at least Malo, Tash, and Bard resist debuff song.

Byrjun
04-24-2014, 11:06 AM
You should be dead anyway after the second or third attempt at slowing them.

Probably not correct on the MR but eh if you're living through 3k mana of slows thats not right either.

This is more of an advanced tactics thing. Warriors on P99 use clickies like Puppet Strings and Midnight Mallets to lock their aggro, which was never really done on live so you can't really compare those experiences.

Edit: To expand on the original post, the issue seems to be with mob level being too large of a factor on resist rates. Dagarn the Destroyer for example was essentially unslowable, being level 70 (it wasn't terribly difficult to slow on live). Aaryonar was much easier to slow than Dagarn, and Aaryonar is a lower level. The white con drakes slowed about as easily as I would imagine other things (flurry drakes, bosses) should be. This works both ways, with PCs having awful resist rates on a level 70 dragon's AE even with 250+ resists.