PDA

View Full Version : Character Models and text looking.. odd? + Problem changing window size

aigarza9
04-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Hello! First of all, returning to EQ after 14 years. Back then, I was just 9, and didn't know what the heck I was doing. Now I have the itch to play once more.

Anyways, installing wasn't a problem, nor was logging in. I think I'll be good so far. However, the character models and text look a tad odd? Is there anyway to fix it?

http://gyazo.com/0e1a511a392dc88193da520ad7789359

Sorry if the image is too big. But can you tell? The body looks like it has transparent backgrounds right against it. Its the same in-game.

Also, looking at the Explore, Delete, and Rotate buttons? You can see that they look a little off.

Secondly, can you change the window size? I tried the eqclient.ini thing, but it won't save as an .ini file. It says "access is denied". Can anyone help a gal out?

[edit] Yes, I'm using EQ Titanium ISOs. Also using win7. Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (Crap, yes. Sadly. :c But surely if its good enough to run Skyrim on medium settings then it can run EQ)

SamwiseRed
04-22-2014, 11:49 PM
try bringing the resolution down. if i do full screen windowed mode i have the same problems.

aigarza9
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM
try bringing the resolution down. if i do full screen windowed mode i have the same problems.

I tried that. But it doesn't change at all, though it says its changed according to the options.

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 12:05 AM
change the resolution is your eqclient.ini? not sure what you mean by it doesnt change it all. the resolution doesnt change or the clipping doesnt change?

aigarza9
04-23-2014, 12:11 AM
change the resolution is your eqclient.ini? not sure what you mean by it doesnt change it all. the resolution doesnt change or the clipping doesnt change?

Oh. I mentioned that in the OP. It wouldn't let me save without it saying 'Access is Denied'.

I though you meant the in-game res change.

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 12:12 AM
hmm try opening as admin? tbh i have no idea just throwing ideas out there until someone with a brain comes in here.

aigarza9
04-23-2014, 12:15 AM
hmm try opening as admin? tbh i have no idea just throwing ideas out there until someone with a brain comes in here.

I appreciate the help. ^^

Tried that too, sadly. D:

SamwiseRed
04-23-2014, 12:17 AM
there is another way to change resolution. when you first double click EQ hit accept. there is an options button below login, account, eq live webpage, and help. hit it and change the reso that way.

aigarza9
04-23-2014, 12:26 AM
there is another way to change resolution. when you first double click EQ hit accept. there is an options button below login, account, eq live webpage, and help. hit it and change the reso that way.

Nope. It was the first thing I tried, actually.

Vega
04-23-2014, 01:18 AM
The access denied thing leads me to believe you have it installed in program files. Try installing EQ somewhere else, like the desktop, or a created C:\Games folder.