PDA

View Full Version : Fresh paladin gear advice

FlipisWin
04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Hello all, I just started p99 and enjoying it so far. I have 3 other friends I play with so i have a pretty steady group. That being said, was wondering what the best way to getting gear would be. Do i search certain items in wiki and try to find where they drop and farm them, or farm up enough money to buy better gear?

Estu
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Generally speaking you'll get better gear faster by buying it in EC than by camping it yourself. You can make money as you level by selling stuff you get from monsters (research components, gems, weapons, armor) to merchants, and by selling the occasional useful drop in EC (you'll find these by going into dungeons). If you want more money more quickly, you can farm some up e.g. as described here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie#Platinum

The first thing I'd recommend you get is some kind of decent weapon; not that your job is doing DPS, but a good weapon is so much better than whatever you'd be using by default that it's worth looking into. The second thing would probably be a pair of jewelcrafted 5 AC 55 HP rings; they cost a couple hundred platinum each.

Nightbear
04-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Agreeing with ^ but that doesn't mean your group can't find some camps that would yield a possible upgrade for you or your friends. Could get some XP while trying to get some loot. Would also need classes/level to give further advice on plat making or gear to seek out. (Other than I'm a pally)

FlipisWin
04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Good point Nightbear ><. And thank you estu for your response, that link had some good info in it. But my group is only lvl 5. We started last night ran over to kaladim to do the bone chip turn in quest, and now were trying to do orc hill but we tend to get demolished haha. But the plan was to eventually get into CB and try to get the ringmail and shield from there. Any other suggestions, comments, would be greatly appreciated!

-Yologesus

baalzy
04-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Collect belts/pads in Crushbone and sell them till you have ~300p and buy a Sword of Skyfire:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_skyfire
Plus a set of banded mail.

Then once you have enough plat pick up some AC/HP rings (maybe go for the 4ac/45hp since they're a lot cheaper) and you'll be set for a pretty long time.

Nightbear
04-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Or use the belts/pads to get exp. The thing that get repeated over and over is that plat gain grows exponentially as you increase in level. Around level 10 you could hit up the sisters camp in LFay with your buds and sell the bronze weapons to venders for 5pp. Then solo the camp around 14~

Smalls
04-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Hello all, I just started p99 and enjoying it so far. I have 3 other friends I play with so i have a pretty steady group. That being said, was wondering what the best way to getting gear would be. Do i search certain items in wiki and try to find where they drop and farm them, or farm up enough money to buy better gear?

Sword of Skyfire
Full set of Banded armor
2 55HP rings

This will run you about 800pp and will get you well into your 30s no problem. By then you'll be able to afford better stuff.

Rararboker
04-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Make your way to Guk, this is not an easy trip for a young paladin. When you get there, send me a PM here on the forums. I'll give you a ghoulbane. Then you can woop some undead ass.

FlipisWin
04-25-2014, 10:37 AM
some awesome replies! thanks everyone. man wish i could make it to guk! might have to try it one day ill be sure to let you know if i do.

Grimstrike
05-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Something else to shoot for is a Baton of Faith (approx 300pp in EC tunnel). That is a beast of a staff at lvl 20+ for those solo times when you are not tanking for a group. If you need help with banded, I can smith a full set. Just send me a /tell in game, the name is Grimstrike.

*I am very interested in that Ghoulbane since it procs at lvl 20+ and my only character here is my lvl22 dwarf paladin. I still have revenge to dish out in Unrest from 13years ago... so many trains to zone!

captnamazing
05-03-2014, 07:14 PM
you can make it to guk

strafe run

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-04-2014, 04:19 PM
If you can go hang out in Karnors castle and loot rotting pieces of Jarsath scale armor.

Should be able to navigate Karnors on a Sunday with no issues (blue).