PDA

View Full Version : Shadowknight Velious Faction Choices

holsteinrx7
04-21-2014, 05:47 PM
any recommendations for how a sk should approach vel faction? first time vel here :eek:

jijii
04-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Probably mostly to do with where you fit I'm the casual / hardcore scale.

Scrub: dwarves
Baller: dragons
Shot caller: giants

Vlak
04-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Depends on your guild as well. Giants have the best quest armor, but they have the hardest mobs to kill to get them. Dragons come next, dwarves are at the bottom. If you're in a top-tier guild, you can do giants. The upside is: changing factions is not all that hard if you can get in on the right kind of raid.

holsteinrx7
04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Probably mostly to do with where you fit I'm the casual / hardcore scale.

Scrub: dwarves
Baller: dragons
Shot caller: giants

from the look of it i seemed to enjoy the dragon armor stats the most, as they have a lot of dex/resists over the str sta of giants. the dwarfs have kinda sad armor but that great ring. i was told that you often farm the faction ur alligned with and switch factions a few times during the course of the xpansion. :eek:

baalzy
04-22-2014, 07:06 PM
I would go with: Whatever faction your guild is doing.

Deltaloko
04-25-2014, 10:32 AM
IIRC, didn't kael armor have the highest AC?

Vlak
04-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Yes, but it's also the hardest to get. Baalzy has it right. Whatever your guild is doing is best. Tagging along on others' raids isn't really an option, and if your whole guild is factioning dragons hardcore, then it will be a LOT easier for you to get their quests done (not to mention no one will want to help you raid kill all the dragon mobs for giant armor).

My guesses for faction choices (based purely on forumquest posting, probably missing a lot):

Giants: TMO, BDA
Dragons: KWSN, IB
Dwarves: Everyone else.

EDIT: Factioning up for dragons is about the same as for dwarves, just trickier due to Yelinak IIRC. So probably more mid-tiers heading up to Dragons factioning, perhaps.