PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Faction

Rakurai
04-21-2014, 04:38 PM
My monk will be wanting to eventually leave home from the lovely Field of Bone and wanted to know what I can do to earn good FP faction when I do? I would love to be able to use the bank there and not be squished!

Giren
04-21-2014, 05:29 PM
It might be easier to work neriak faction. Lightstones and greater lightstones for faction in the karanas from the evil spell quest. (she's indifferent to all and there are no negative faction hits)

Freeport will be a little harder as an iksar because there are 2 primary factions we have to fix. The militia (those at the front gate), and the paladins (north freeport where the bank is). They are of course on opposing factions.

Victorio
04-21-2014, 05:43 PM
The evil spell quest is in Sro. Just get your faction up slightly then go ahead and do the wine quest.

Giren
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
The evil spell quest is in Sro. Just get your faction up slightly then go ahead and do the wine quest.

Derp, you're right. XD

Is it the good version in the karanas?

Rakurai
04-21-2014, 05:58 PM
which wine quest?

Giren
04-21-2014, 06:03 PM
which wine quest?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

Rakurai
04-21-2014, 06:09 PM
awesome thanks a ton!

Rakurai
04-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Another thing besides banking I just thought about is being able to train as an iksar monk away from home.. any suggestions besides run back to Cabilis?

Kika Maslyaka
04-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Ashen order - monk FP guild - very easy to raise- simply kill DF orcs
well about 5000 of them =)

Rakurai
04-21-2014, 07:43 PM
High Pass orcs only raise High Pass and High Keep factions right?

Giren
04-21-2014, 08:26 PM
High Pass orcs only raise High Pass and High Keep factions right?

Right.

Remeygi
04-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Hey there,

Iksar Monk too here. I know how you feel. I was bored of Field of Bones as well, although you could level up there into the 20ies. Left Kunark when I was about 12 (came back for training and went off again).

First bank outside Cabilis that I could bank unharmed, was Highpass. Easiest (still a lot of grinding) because of the following reasons to my experience:

1. on the way from zone-in to bank there are no roamers (on other factions)
2. plenty of possibilities to rise faction

Also very helpful:

1. Feign Death skill as high as possible
2. Sneak

I started long ago in Karanas, killing bandits for their sashes. To turn them in, in S Qeynos, I needed wolfform from a helpful druid. Very nice quest. Bandits sometimes drop bronze weapons, at turn in you receive another bronze for each sash you turn in, which you can sell to the NPC right next to questgiver. Get faction for killing bandits as well as for turning sashes in. Still can't bank unharmed in Qeynos though, because of two roaming casters, which kill me instantly (again: wolfform helps).

I also killed lots of Orcs in Commons. Before in Freeport, guards in Highpass liked me.
Kill Orcs in Commons or Highpass or Gnolls in Highpass for faction. Again the killing and the turning in (orc scalps or gnoll pelts) both give faction. In Highpass Hold, on the direct way to bank, there are no roamers (on other faction than guards). There are, however two dangers to avoid: 1. a bard near entrance (run past her and feign death) and one high level warrior (don't get too close to book shelf).

In Freeport, once you get at least dubious to guards you can zone to North Freeport, where bank is. But: there are at least two roaming Paladins. To raise faction with them, you can do the Tumpy Tonics Quest with Groflah in East Freeport. Still have to watch out while banking because bankers are still red and KOS to me. But you can bank while still being behind the wall after the door, turn camera and target banker.

I also tuned in lots of Lightstones and Greater Lightstones (about 50 each) to that female Dark Elf Smith in Southern Ro (9p for a greater as well). I am now liked by all three guard factions in Neriak. But haven't tested that yet, because once again you have to zone into another part of Neriak and walk past guildhalls and probabely roamers too, which will, most probabely be on other factions than guards. And I don't know, if wolfform works in Neriak.

So much for now. Still working on Qeynos casters, before I hop over to Faydwer.

Cheers,
Zabli Factionista, Iksar Monk

littlebobby3
04-22-2014, 02:37 AM
I'm a gnome necro and starting we are KOS to NFP but apprehen to WFP...
While I'm lvl 53 now, I'm now KOS to all of FP and dub to all vendors but I still bank in NFP (yeah I know I can invis)

But while lvling 29-40ish I did halting guards and that made me friendly with neirak, I can buy and sell and do all that fun stuff in neiraka and neirakb ... Neirakc , the guards are friendly but most of the guild masters an other creatures are KOS to me not sure what faction they are but that's how it is.

Get that sneak/FD skill up then u can just use the wall at the NFP bank lol

Aussie
04-22-2014, 02:40 AM
This guide was handy previously as an Iksar, you would have to cross-check that the quests etc discussed are current for Project1999 era.

http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/07/30/the_iksar_handbook_of_infiltration/