PDA

View Full Version : Beta Stress Test

Rogean
04-20-2014, 03:54 AM
Looking for general feedback for the stress test we had. Were there any major issues people noticed?

The beta server has been serving as a test bed for large backend changes that we have been doing for server stability. I'd like to know asap if there were any major bugs that were experienced, that would affect the entire server (non-velious) should this codebase go live.

I fixed the group loss on death bug and the beta copy locations.

Let me know what your opinions and if we can push this code live.

Thanks

eadric
04-20-2014, 09:08 AM
The group loss and D/C on death bug was the primary performance bug that I noticed. Secondary was the old "rez bug", where a player cannot receive a rez and has to relog to clear it.

maximum
04-20-2014, 10:44 AM
The group loss and D/C on death bug was the primary performance bug that I noticed. Secondary was the old "rez bug", where a player cannot receive a rez and has to relog to clear it.

The LD-on-death bug has been out there for a long while. Disconnect happens (at least it seems to happen) when your health dramatically decreases in a short period of time. For instance 100% --> 0% within 1.5 seconds.

As a consequence, this bug causes chat problems (/tell) and corpse rez problems.

Kindadar
04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Linkdead on death should now be fixed.

chief
04-20-2014, 02:29 PM
The aggro radius on the flurry drakes seems to be huge, I ran past aary last night wanting to see how far I could get. As I turned the corner I had aggro on the brown drake past Lord Vyemm. I'm unsure if the aggro radius was this big on classic but it seems exceptionally large here.

Fountree
04-20-2014, 03:44 PM
I experienced more Desynch on death than normal, also desynch on rez, desynch on loot corpse. This happens to me from time to time but experienced it much more frequently last night, only noticeable because I died several times.

Valere
04-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Some bard songs were interacting oddly with GM buffs it appeared, but not sure that this is worth snuffing since GM buffs won't exist when it goes live. Song I noticed was Elemental Rhythms, which was reporting it was landing but not showing up on my buff bard or changing my stats. Groupmates without gm buffs reported it working normally. Tested a few other resist songs, but not extensively or comprehensively since i was distracted by dragons trying to eat me.

Sylexis
04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
I lost group I want to say 100% of the time on death, but I wasn't counting exactly, I would confidently say I lost group almost every time I died and zoned.

Xanthias
04-20-2014, 10:00 PM
I experienced more Desynch on death than normal, also desynch on rez, desynch on loot corpse. This happens to me from time to time but experienced it much more frequently last night, only noticeable because I died several times.

This

Cecily
04-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Some bard songs were interacting oddly with GM buffs it appeared, but not sure that this is worth snuffing since GM buffs won't exist when it goes live. Song I noticed was Elemental Rhythms, which was reporting it was landing but not showing up on my buff bard or changing my stats. Groupmates without gm buffs reported it working normally. Tested a few other resist songs, but not extensively or comprehensively since i was distracted by dragons trying to eat me.

GM Aego was the buff interfering with bard resists.

Fael
04-21-2014, 02:24 PM
It may be more complicated than that. I only messed with it twice. Certain songs were not stacking with certain buffs, and not consistently. For example, clarity song landed not when i removed GM clarity, but GM health. Another person said it landed on them when they removed GM clarity, but still had GM health.

Think we would need more time to see if there is a method to the madness.

Regarding Raid Content Performance:

I believe Allunova got some decent data on Ikitar and Eashen. Cleric rotation of 4 seconds was more than enough to heal a Best in Slot kunark warrior (half-elf albiet) so long as he was in defensive. Once defensive dropped, he lasted about 20 seconds or so. Notably he had aego, GM aego, and GM focus. I believe a 3 second rotation could have kept him up when defensive dropped.

Dolic

Nizzler
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
I believe a 3 second rotation could have kept him up when defensive dropped.

Dolic

Agreed, being one of those clerics that healed, it was flawless once we got it down.

Detoxx
04-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Cleric rotation of 4 seconds was more than enough to heal a Best in Slot kunark warrior (half-elf albiet)

Dolic

While your Ogre stood on the side lines :p

Sylexis
04-23-2014, 07:12 PM
NT

Calabee
04-27-2014, 07:49 AM
i was massively lagged out the ass on a brand new i-7 quad core with top end g-force graphic card at tov ent with ~100 player.

closest i could report to now is VP raids with ~80-100ish at VP zone in, or EC tunnel during prime time... which generates 0 lag at all

Rogean
04-27-2014, 07:51 AM
We have no control over client / video lag. Information we're looking for is server performance/connectivity.