PDA

View Full Version : CoS before its nerfed

Sneeakn
04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi all. Just started playing on p99 and rolled a necro. Well I'm currently 15 and am looking at making plat so that when I hit 20 I can get my CoS before the nerf it. I'm not sure when it's supposed to be nerfed but I remember on live it was after Velious came out and it looks like thats soon. So my question is where can a 15 iksar necro go to kill and make plat and still sell the loot he gets.

loramin
04-18-2014, 05:02 PM
The CoS won't be nerfed until relatively late in to Velious; even on the original Live timeline it wasn't nerfed until 6 months after Velious's release ... and Project 1999 generally takes longer than Live did.

Check out this page (as you can see, the P99 delay has been significant):
http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

The CoS nerf isn't until June 2001 (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html). This means you have nothing to worry about.

So, the standard advice for all lowbies wanting to know how to make money applies: don't. Level up instead, and when you are higher level you will be able to earn plat MUCH MUCH easier/faster.

baalzy
04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
While what Loramin says is true, it is rather handy to have a CoS as soon as it's available. Although at 15 there aren't any camps that will get you the money you're looking for in a fast amount of time.

If you don't mind being out in the middle of no where you can go to the Ocean of Tears once you hit level 20 and do gargoyles there till 26-27 or so.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ocean_of_Tears

Their eyes NPC for 9pp each (so stack them up) and theres a good chance you'll have enough to buy a CoS then. If you don't have enough then you can head to SKarana and do the Treants from 27-35 very easily and you'll definitely have enough money by then (The Aviak village merchant has unlimited Topaz' for sale to turn the gold into something light weight, also check the centaur merchants to see if you can buy & resell gems to them to convert gold into platinum for a small loss).

Sneeakn
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
I guess my biggest issue is I don't remember where an iksar can sell other than cabby basically. I thought there were some random merchants that didn't mind selling to ikkys. And, does the fd near merchant to raise faction to indifferent to sell work or am I misremebering?

Potus
04-18-2014, 06:07 PM
You should be able to get the CoS before it is nerfed. It got nerfed pretty late in Velious when Verant/Sony announced that a Necro AA in Luclin would be invisibility.

When people pointed out that Necros already have CoS, guess what happened :)

baalzy
04-18-2014, 06:51 PM
I guess my biggest issue is I don't remember where an iksar can sell other than cabby basically. I thought there were some random merchants that didn't mind selling to ikkys. And, does the fd near merchant to raise faction to indifferent to sell work or am I misremebering?

They can sell at all the druid rings (tho they're "greedy" merchants, they give you bad prices, so best not to if you can avoid it). You can use feign death to bank in places you normally couldn't (although without a CoS this will get you killed when you stand). However you can use the zoom out trick in NFP & Felwithe pretty easily to bank (sit on 1 side of the wall, pan your camera so you can target & right click the banker without the merchant getting line of sight).

The aviak & centaur merchants in South karana will sell to you. The gypsies in North Karana I think will also sell to you and are not greedy merchants. This may also work in Oasis with those gypsies.

I also just made use of the fact that alt characters are easy to drop transfer gear to lvl 1 alts to pick up and sell with.

fishingme
04-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Id suggest to anyone to start farming CoS now and stack up as many as you can. They'll be $$ once the nerf hits.

Tewaz
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Everyone has been thinking they will be $$$$ when the nerf hits for 2 years. We are probably 2 years away from the actual nerf. I don't see the price on these being as high as people think for a while. There are way too many of them in supply.

Uteunayr
04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
And beyond that, most of the CoS on the server have been in storage for people waiting for this moment. Probably only 10% of all CoS are currently in use, so once this nerf hits, that other 90% of them comes into play. Many people I know have 10 in storage, just waiting.

It's going to take a long time for that supply to get reduced enough for prices to rise.

jaybone
04-29-2014, 11:46 AM
And beyond that, most of the CoS on the server have been in storage for people waiting for this moment. Probably only 10% of all CoS are currently in use, so once this nerf hits, that other 90% of them comes into play. Many people I know have 10 in storage, just waiting.

It's going to take a long time for that supply to get reduced enough for prices to rise.

i like pulling numbers out of my ass too

Erati
04-29-2014, 12:27 PM
im hoarding 3 of them ! lol

baalzy
04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
I have 4 CoS' stored.

radditsu
04-29-2014, 02:13 PM

I have a ton of baseball cards and the death of Superman comics too.

baalzy
04-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Fact: CoS isn't that rare of a drop
Fact: People farm that camp constantly
Fact: Lots of them exist

Statement: You guys are dicks

no chewie dont
04-29-2014, 03:11 PM
I have 16 cos on red but im looking for a few more holla

Uteunayr
04-29-2014, 03:42 PM
i like pulling numbers out of my ass too

And I made it clear I was approximating what I believe to be true, not an actual statement of fact. I made no pretense to actual empirical knowledge, only anecdotal evidence of personal experience. You should actually address the idea that there are tons of them held in storage by players, both playing and who have quit waiting for Velious, waiting for the post-nerf market, which will offer such a great supply that it will take a very long time for the market to make them truly valuable.

Quoting for the hell of it:

Fact: CoS isn't that rare of a drop
Fact: People farm that camp constantly
Fact: Lots of them exist

Sirken
04-29-2014, 04:02 PM
The CoS won't be nerfed until relatively late in to Velious; even on the original Live timeline it wasn't nerfed until 6 months after Velious's release ... and Project 1999 generally takes longer than Live did.

i wouldnt wait 6 months after velious

jaybone
04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
I have 301 cos stored on my accounts. I predict this is 12.3% of all cos. Expect these to be dumped in market when nerf hits.

tekniq
04-30-2014, 02:48 PM
even if it's nerfed, there's like a bajillion on the server, i don't ever see it going past 10k.

Heavenzoutcast
05-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Since the server is supposed to not go past velious for expantions, if they don't need it it might save a headache of influx to the server and prices. IMHO don't nerf them and all the ones stored will actually be sold and put to use.

rxfh
05-15-2014, 04:49 PM
This was going to be my second question posted ;) thanks for the info in the thread. I'll want at least 2 since I plan to roll a Troll SK along with my necro.

Nuggie
05-18-2014, 02:36 AM
I have 301 cos stored on my accounts. I predict this is 12.3% of all cos. Expect these to be dumped in market when nerf hits.

I'm not sure who you are. Uteunayr doesn't post much. When he does he uses sound reasoning. What you post looks like weak troll content.

radditsu
05-18-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure who you are. Uteunayr doesn't post much. When he does he uses sound reasoning. What you post looks like weak troll content.

Uncategorically false.

Uteunayr
05-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Uncategorically

Lol.