PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! First time EQ player here.

Zehrikrom
04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi, I'm Zehrikrom and I'm completely new to the EverQuest series.
I played World of Warcraft since patch 4.2, but I never was able to cough up the money to subscribe for more than a month. My WoW experience ended after figuring out that literally everything in the game worth mentioning happened at level cap. I then switched to DDO for a while, but the whole click to attack mechanism drove me away, it felt odd in an MMO. Eventually I found a vanilla WoW server, Emerald Dream, that provided 1x rates on everything, but surprise! Everyone, or almost everyone, still had the mentality that if you were below level cap, you were a failure in life and should uninstall, level up, or kill yourself. It was fun though, and I met some wonderful people on the server.

In the end, I looked for another MMO that had more to offer in the middle of the road level wise. That's how I came across Project 1999.

So far, my Iksar Shaman is level 3, I died 5 times so far, four of which were from fall damage. This game is terribly, soul crushingly, brutally hard.
And I'm loving every minute of it.

Gaunja
04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Welcome good sir! If you need a helpful guild, look for me in game. Can get you on the right path :)

Steelhammer
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
The first time you LOSE A LEVEL from dying you will realize just exactly how soul crushing this game is hehehehe. I remember I had to DING level 24 seven times on the live servers before I kept it.

Bad groups, bad pulls, bad decisions.... whatever, but you keep on playing. EverCrack is a helluva drug.

fran
04-18-2014, 11:11 AM
welcome to you!!! like i said wait till you are with a group deep in a dungeon and its late and you say 1 more mob before logging off and you wipe... lol

Kantela
04-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Welcome to Norrath!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here =)

/Lalenya

Supaskillz
04-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard. EQ offers a good experience at all levels in my opinion. Dungeon content is fun all the way down.

P99 wiki has a bunch of great info if you have yet to discover it. Save your bone chips that you collect you can sell them to player for much more than merchants. Also seek out some groups, because social nature of the game is key to having fun.

Leeyuuduu
04-18-2014, 12:34 PM
So far, my Iksar Shaman is level 3, I died 5 times so far, four of which were from fall damage. This game is terribly, soul crushingly, brutally hard.

At least you didn't start in Kelethin (wood elf city high up in the trees)

does WoW teach you to jump off high places o_o

Invoke
04-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Hello fellow Oregonian! Im over in Portland. Welcome to the server. I just started a couple weeks ago with an enchanter named Mawes. Send me a tell in game if you have any questions. This game is very unforgiving which makes it the best mmo out there still to this day.

deadpoolparty
04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Forget about the cap, it's the climb to the top that's so much fun. Welcome to the game!

Invoke
04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
One thing... most the people on this server are awesome but there are a few that will try to take advantage of noobs. Bone chips sell for 10p a stack. Spider and spiderling silk stacks go for 20p. So hang on to those. I've had a couple people who thought I was a noob offer way less.

Frug
04-18-2014, 01:15 PM
One thing... most the people on this server are awesome but there are a few that will try to take advantage of noobs. Bone chips sell for 10p a stack. Spider and spiderling silk stacks go for 20p. So hang on to those. I've had a couple people who thought I was a noob offer way less.

In no universe do spider silks go for that. SpiderLING silks... occasionally, depending on where you are, but spider? Yeah... no. I mean, godspeed if you can get that, but don't be disappointed if you can't.

lecompte
04-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Amen. I live in Eureka (Arcata really) but going to the SoB in Medford in two weekends. Come play with meeeeee.

Welcome to the server!

Invoke
04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
In no universe do spider silks go for that. SpiderLING silks... occasionally, depending on where you are, but spider? Yeah... no. I mean, godspeed if you can get that, but don't be disappointed if you can't.

I've sold them for 20p but 10p seems more fair. Spider silk is definitely more hit and miss then spiderling silk.

I only brought it up because I've had multiple people, including just last night, offer me 5p a stack for spiderling silk and 2p a stack for bone chips. I then saw them in EC selling for full price. They're jumping into Nekt forest and low balling noobs then reselling in EC. Kinda pathetic IMO.

fran
04-18-2014, 01:32 PM
darn i was selling my bonechips 2pp a stack like in 2001..hahaha!!

Invoke
04-18-2014, 01:37 PM
lol Fran. I think whoever controls gas prices also is in charge of bone chip rates.

Rakurai
04-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Welcome to EQ! You are going to love it! Hang in there and if you need any help send a tell to Rakurai I will do my best to assist you.

Dragonmist
04-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Welcome be sure to check out the http://wiki.project1999.com/

Shilver
04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Welcome man, I'm just getting back into this too. If you ever want to group hit me up; Tanzaw. I'm an Iksar Shadowknight level 7 :)

Goobles
04-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Come play on Red ^_^

Seriously, it's fun :)

themagicbum
04-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Welcome mate! I, too, have never experienced the glory (or horror) that is Classic EverQuest prior to playing on the P99 server. Good luck!

Zehrikrom
04-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I really wansn't anticipating everyone to be so helpful. I was thinking there'd be a level 60 rogue telling me to uninstall for the first or second reply. :p

(Srs doe u guize rock)