PDA

View Full Version : Narrowing in on a Class

thedap13
04-18-2014, 03:07 AM
I would appreciate some help on picking what class to level up first. I have narrowed it down to three choices: enchanter, shaman, and monk. below is my thoughts on why I find the classes appealing.

Enchanter/Shaman: My main attraction to these to classes is their ability to find groups and still being able to solo. When ever I log in I would like to be able to progress in some fashion. I prefer to play as a member of a group but, I wont always have time to find. The faster I can find groups the better. I never leveled a chanter on live but, was able to get a shaman into the high 40's before other obligations got in the way of EQ.

Monk: This is the class I played most on live and what I am leveling right now, level 4 while writing this. ten years ago on live it wasn't to hard to find groups as a monk and chain pull like it was my job. I remember soloing going pretty smoothly and if it didn't I could just FD. My monk was slightly wink. (Me and my brother started out sharing a account when we first started until I decided to go out and open a new account he hooked me up as best he could). FD sounds really appealing to me since, unlike the first time I played I now have a kid and sometimes this pop up that need my attention.

Knowing what you know now and what little I described here. What would you choose if you were me? I would also appreciate any other advice.

PS Necro and SKs are also on the list just not at the top right now.

phacemeltar
04-18-2014, 03:14 AM
after lvl 20, enc > all

i once saw a lvl 27 enc soloing hill giants in lake rathe with no downtime, only using sow pots.

that being said, best class really depends on what the masses are levelling currently. at multiple level ranges i see all of the classes you mentioned looking for groups in ooc, to no avail. monk is a decent choice if you can tank, and will be sought after as dps since you dont come with a huge xp penalty. considering human, ofc.

username17
04-18-2014, 07:44 AM
I'd suggest an enchanter for your needs.

Shamans are great but can be slow to level and don't get really good (unless REALLY twinked) until their 30s or so.
In regards to your need to AFK you can always bind somewhere safe. Then if you need to quick afk cast gate and take care of whatever.

It's not as good as FD. But it might be a viable alternative for you since you need to sporadically AFK.