PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with OC'd AMD CPU

Nads
04-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I was curious the other day to see what p99/live EQ would be like on my new rig, so I installed both, but neither would run properly. Live would be in perpetual fast-forward mode, and P99 wouldn't even launch.

Now, after doing some research I found that the problem had to do with using an overclocked AMD CPU; EQ is apparently not runnable with an overclocked CPU.

Anyways, I'm not sure if there has been any other resolution besides down-clocking my CPU back to stock (which I most likely will not go through the trouble to do just for a single game), but I figured I would ask and see if there was anybody else out there who was in a similar situation, and, if they fixed it, could shed some light on the issue.

Honest
04-18-2014, 12:12 AM
I will try overclocking my AMD cpu tomorrow and see if I have same issue. I reverted it back to stock a year or two ago, but could have sworn I played p99 with it overclocked at one point.

Nads
04-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I will try overclocking my AMD cpu tomorrow and see if I have same issue. I reverted it back to stock a year or two ago, but could have sworn I played p99 with it overclocked at one point.

Awesome, let me know what to find out.

Nads
04-21-2014, 01:10 AM
bump

Ambrotos
04-21-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm running 4.6 on my amd. I have been able to log in and move around just fine. I think the issue is multi core, not overclocked. You can just change the affinity if there are issues.

Nads
04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Change the affinity? Like having the game force using one processor or something?

Yonkec
04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I think WinEQ2 can force affinity to a specific core on startup, if you want to check into that as a fix.