PDA

View Full Version : Project1999 (Red) is seeking new players

Goobles
04-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Several people have started on Project 1999 Red in the past month. <Uprising> is a good indication of healthy server growth. If another guild started, there could be some good low level pvp action.
I strongly encourage people to play here. There are plenty of camps to take, plenty of loot to be had, plenty of help to get started, and global ooc is active so that the economy isn't non-existent.

Thanks for your time.

nilzark
04-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Never trust Nazis.

Swish
04-17-2014, 08:30 AM
There needs to be some kind of moderation against these hate filled comments. This isn't RNF, please make a thread there if you're upset :(

Swish
04-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Translation: "Play on Red so we can kill you."

low level pvp action = we don't even wait for you to hit 52, we'll gonk the shit out of you with our ragebringer twinks at level 10!

I think it's more like, "Please come play on our nearly-empty server before someone does the math and pulls the cord on this waste of rack space."

Pals, meet Vidar (below)...don't be Vidar, he got himself banned from getting mad :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/1fqHXLI.gif

Nikon
04-17-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure if all of these people have actually had all of these bad experiences or just want to talk like they have a clue about red without any first hand experience. FWIW, I'm 1 yellow from 20 (Iksar SK) and haven't had a single bad experience. I've grouped a few times, PvP'd a bit with a few people in my range (all cordial where we talked and laughed about it afterwards), and have been enjoying myself.

The griefers consist of mainly 1-2 people on the server from what I've seen and they aren't heard from much. I'm not in any guild but I've had plenty of good conversation with random players of all levels and people have been very willing to answer my questions. And /ooc is what you make of it. There's definitely some ribbing that goes on and the typical Az vs. Nihilium banter but nothing as toxic as I hear people on the forums droning on about like it happens all the time. I have no doubt that it can at times get nasty, but it's isolated and someone usually tells them to take it to /tell. The other thing about /ooc as well is that if the population gets higher I'm sure they'll take it out like they did on blue. Just my 2 cp.

Laugher
04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah being low on red means being the only person in ec lol, pre-20 a buddy of mine and i ran into only one other group of two people when the pop was around 150; with the level range being decreased soon (from +/-8 to +/-4) there will soon be less chance of you being steamrolled as opposed to having a good chance a owning your opponent.

Overall reds shaping up to be probably one of the most kind (by policy) EQ FFA PvP servers; twinks aside (at least a few of whom were banned recently) its a good enviroment to hone your mad PvP skills for

99 TEAMS

kylok
04-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Why you should join Red99 (#bigthings2014):

Soon to be implemented!

Group exp bonus
+/- 4 pvp level range
limited global ooc (to protect the virgin eyes)

Try Red today! Don't be level one when the big changes hit.

Swish
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
I've grouped a few times, PvP'd a bit with a few people in my range (all cordial where we talked and laughed about it afterwards), and have been enjoying myself.

Same. Good post :)

Trosh
04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
if someone offers you buffs in noob area, make sure you get them near a guard! it's a trap!!

Goobles
04-17-2014, 03:46 PM
if someone offers you buffs in noob area, make sure you get them near a guard! it's a trap!!

You really have no clue about anything on Red, do you? You're just making a post based on the random crap posted on the boards...

Trosh
04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
No, I totally started on red last weekend, and that happened to me.. Tho the person who keeled me said "welcome to red, here's some free stuff" so it worked out, but it was still a trap!!

Edit: To be fair, I've never ever played pvp in EQ.. so no, I don't really know much about red, either.

freez
04-17-2014, 03:52 PM

ill tell a story here, its 100% true.

I was once running through nektulos otw to neriak to get pumice and gems, water etc and saw a random lvl 4ish in who. I asked him if he wanted buffs (being a 60 chanter) and a little monitary boost. This guy was not refusing my help, he sounded like he wanted it but was too scared to come to the guards for the goods. I took off anon so he could see i was well out of his range but it still didnt work.

I couldnt believe it. He had to be trolling me and just wanted to earn what he can on his own.

Idk tho. Dont be like that guy. If a lvl 60 asks you if you would like a hand and you could use it, dont be afraid to meet them at a city guard. Lmao.

Goobles
04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Lol sounds like bad luck haha

Lune
04-17-2014, 08:06 PM
There needs to be some kind of moderation against these hate filled comments. This isn't RNF, please make a thread there if you're upset :(

How about some moderation against all the hate toward blue that gets spewed by desperate reds trying to populate their server? Not happening in this thread, to their credit, but it happens in every other thread especially when Faerie is involved, or you lately, Swish. Don't even try to pretend that an integral part of red outreach isn't based on calling blues pussies and discrediting PvE as a whole.

There is a line I do not cross because I don't care for insulting the staff, and I know how much Deru and Sirken seem to enjoy red. But it would make my forumquest experience way better if I didn't have to constantly see red players pontificating about their server in a way that disparages blue. It's obnoxious.

nilzark
04-17-2014, 08:07 PM
You can't be serious ...

mtb tripper
04-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Several people have started on Project 1999 Red in the past month. <Uprising> is a good indication of healthy server growth. If another guild started, there could be some good low level pvp action.
I strongly encourage people to play here. There are plenty of camps to take, plenty of loot to be had, plenty of help to get started, and global ooc is active so that the economy isn't non-existent.

Thanks for your time.

This sounds fun. I may start up a guild for some lowbie pvp action, good idea goobles. Saving server one step at a time

nilzark
04-17-2014, 09:42 PM
LuLz

Swish
04-18-2014, 08:37 AM
How about some moderation against all the hate toward blue that gets spewed by desperate reds trying to populate their server? Not happening in this thread, to their credit, but it happens in every other thread especially when Faerie is involved, or you lately, Swish. Don't even try to pretend that an integral part of red outreach isn't based on calling blues pussies and discrediting PvE as a whole.

There is a line I do not cross because I don't care for insulting the staff, and I know how much Deru and Sirken seem to enjoy red. But it would make my forumquest experience way better if I didn't have to constantly see red players pontificating about their server in a way that disparages blue. It's obnoxious.

This is the subforum called "Starting Zone", to help starting players start.

Many of course will want to play on the blue server as naturally there were only 3 PvP servers so less people will be coming from that angle. There's no harm in asking people to consider the red server.

I play both, so I'm not taking sides... but blue doesn't need any recruitment push. If anything, someone should be saying "consider beta", considering how many people want Velious released asap. All those voices went strangely silent though :p

Nodd
04-18-2014, 03:32 PM
I play both servers as well. Have rl friends and much better gear on blue, but sometimes I prefer red. True story.

Glenzig
04-18-2014, 05:18 PM

I didn't see anything even remotely insulting toward the blue server on this thread.

Trosh
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
yeah, that guys a lune! (get it?)

Swish
04-18-2014, 05:42 PM
yeah, that guys a lune! (get it?)

lol (http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true)

Halius
04-18-2014, 05:58 PM
I've been debating giving this a try, might have to hop on while I med on my mage.

SamwiseRed
04-18-2014, 06:14 PM
i play both servers as well. the blue community in-game is pretty boring but it is alot easier to get a group/port/bind. dont get me wrong, there are some fun people but it seems like most of my groupmates are alt tabbed half the time because conversation is pretty minimal. on red people never shut up which i prefere in a mmo.

Wrench
04-18-2014, 07:07 PM
i play both servers as well. the blue community in-game is pretty boring but it is alot easier to get a group/port/bind. dont get me wrong, there are some fun people but it seems like most of my groupmates are alt tabbed half the time because conversation is pretty minimal. on red people never shut up which i prefere in a mmo.

pugs for sure

guild groups (depending on guild i guess) not as much

Faywind
04-19-2014, 11:11 AM
If you don't like the hate filled comments you should probably not lie in Red recruitment threads. Saying the server is healthy is so rediculous, 100 people at peak times is not healthy...just sayin.

Goobles
04-19-2014, 12:21 PM
rediculous

I don't know if I can trust someone who doesn't pay attention to squiggly red lines that indicates they spell a word wrong. Shit's ridiculous.

Also, server IS healthy. There are plenty of groups happening daily, just need more people to play and there will be MORE groups. The server pop AT THIS CURRENT MOMENT is 72 - there are 30 Azrael, 6 Nihilum (they logged off for the day since they lost pvp for pixels and are disheartened), and the rest are people leveling. That means there are 6 groups of people leveling, which isn't much, but it's still a lot more than none.

Lune
04-19-2014, 07:48 PM
I didn't see anything even remotely insulting toward the blue server on this thread.

Not happening in this thread, to their credit, but it happens in every other thread

http://i.imgur.com/sLUn2Nx.jpg

Glenzig
04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sLUn2Nx.jpg

I read that part too. Just wondering why you would take the time to post something in this thread that about something that isn't happening in this thread. Almost like you were wanting to get people riled up about nothing.

Rellapse40
04-21-2014, 10:17 PM
red is best