PDA

View Full Version : How can I transfer money/items from one character to another?

Talvox
04-16-2014, 09:50 PM
sorry for the noob question, I am really new to this server. I got an Iksar Shaman to level 7 and just found out that apparently they can't wear plate armor and other shamans can. I rerolled to an Iksar Necromancer but I don't really like having my pet do everything for me. I want to roll a Barbarian Shaman, but someone gave me a really good weapon (Ebon War Spear) and I already bought some of my level 9 spells so I would like to transfer the money and items from my old shaman and necromancer to a new shaman. How do I go about doing this?

LulzSect
04-16-2014, 09:51 PM
camp both characters at a secluded spot like a boss and ground transfer

#YOLO

Talvox
04-16-2014, 09:53 PM

#YOLO

How do I go about getting my iksar to a place where a barbarian would pick up stuff?

LulzSect
04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
i ran a level 8 DE CLR to Kurns without help

think of it as an adventure

get binds once you cross the ocean though

SamwiseRed
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
find lowest level in EC to hold your stuff. preferably someone un-guilded.

Talvox
04-16-2014, 10:04 PM

That sounds most unwise

Aussie
04-16-2014, 10:18 PM
If you don't have any IRL friends playing the game, you could seek out a level 60 character from a respected guild and ask them.

Talvox
04-16-2014, 10:20 PM
If you don't have any IRL friends playing the game, you could seek out a level 60 character from a respected guild and ask them.

I have been playing for like 2 days. I don't know what guilds are respected and I haven't seen any level 60s

Dragonsblood1987
04-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Take that amateur troll back to red, lady.

Pringles
04-16-2014, 10:26 PM
This is why a shared bank slot would be *awesome*

Conscript
04-16-2014, 10:42 PM

We didn't have cars back in my day so you don't get cars in your modern world!

Dragonmist
04-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Shared bank would be great and will never happen.

Any level 50+ toon tagged in one of these guilds can most likely be trusted to do an Xfer in EC or any town banker.

The Mystical Order
Inglorious Basterds/Forceful Entry
Azure Guard
Indignation
Divinity
Taken
Europa
Knights Who Say Ni
Asgard
Bregan D'Aerth
The A-Team

Grimfan
04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Hey Talvox, I'm only 35 but I have my druid camped out inside field of bone, if you'd like me to help you with a transfer I can. Just let me know when you're around. My in-game name is Grimfan.

Tooklak
04-17-2014, 12:15 AM
I got an Iksar Shaman to level 7 and just found out that apparently they can't wear plate armor and other shamans can.

Someone should tell him.

lolondar
04-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Someone should tell him.

I willl... Shamans don't wear plate....

Danth
04-17-2014, 01:41 AM
"Plate" armor is just a graphic. Shamans have a couple armor sets with a plate armor graphic (Totemic, Jaundiced Bone, Rune Etched). Iksars cannot wear those sets.

Danth

Wudan
04-17-2014, 06:37 AM
How do I go about getting my iksar to a place where a barbarian would pick up stuff?

Are you trolling? If serious, your next question could be "How do I actually take a shit? Oh I need to go to toilet? So how do I go about getting there? Mmmm on foot you say? Riiight....."

/facepalm

Duckwalk
04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I have been playing for like 2 days. I don't know what guilds are respected and I haven't seen any level 60s

It was clearly a trick question

Laugher
04-17-2014, 02:04 PM
sorry for the noob question, I am really new to this server. I got an Iksar Shaman to level 7 and just found out that apparently they can't wear plate armor and other shamans can. I rerolled to an Iksar Necromancer but I don't really like having my pet do everything for me. I want to roll a Barbarian Shaman, but someone gave me a really good weapon (Ebon War Spear) and I already bought some of my level 9 spells so I would like to transfer the money and items from my old shaman and necromancer to a new shaman. How do I go about doing this?

Not put the guy on the spot but when I was a nub (20ish I think) I saw this guy name Bobbarker at tunnel ent (this was 2010 I believe). I transferred probably 2k's worth of stuff with him np. Hes still around at tunnel ent at times during primetime hours and seems like a standup guy (also a member of the A-Team now, a guild tag with a good name and some history here). Of course if you see me around at some point (usually on Freddi or Laugherx) I would certainly help ya. I'd also like to point out that a sensible member of The Mystical Order for example isn't going to give up their guild tag and chance at dragon loots over a low level item transfer (or those 10k or less I would think).

#YOLO

I didn't know anyone irl when I started here and (now that I don't again) I have used this method several times with great success, try out of the way places (I doubt people in TD are going to pay attention if you're drop transferring on a vacant island mountain thats 15 mins worth of running away)

Raavak
04-17-2014, 02:23 PM
find lowest level in EC to hold your stuff. preferably someone un-guilded.Or find players with names like Ryanj or Meggetter to help transfer. Fine upstanding citizens of Norrath.

baalzy
04-17-2014, 02:48 PM
If you want to rag on red about having a toxic community, you should at least try to avoid being toxic j-holes to a new player asking questions in server chat.

Laugher, Grimfan, and Aussie all provided good information.

The ground drop advice from lulzec isn't a bad option either if you're careful about where you are when you do it.

tristantio
04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Anyone remember being able to store items in forges until server resets on live?

Erati
04-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Anyone remember being able to store items in forges until server resets on live?

yes you used to be able to put something in a forge or whatever tradeskill container, camp, log on a dif toon then open the container and the item be there.

Not sure when that was removed

Ele
04-17-2014, 03:33 PM

Shit man, we shouldn't even be able to sort items in our bank containers without first putting the containers into our main inventory.

Be grateful for what you have.

moklianne
04-17-2014, 03:54 PM

While its not classic at all, it would definitely cut down on GM's needing to get involved. Something they should think about after Velious when considering 'custom content'.

Sylexis
04-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Everyone is trolling the newbie today :(

If you want to be completely safe I'd run both avatars to the EC tunnel and then ask for help with a transfer from someone who's tagged in a raid level guild.

Shamans cannot wear plate, even though some of the armor that drops for them have plate graphics.

If you want a list of raid level guilds, use the raid rotation tracker. (http://www.project1999.com/raid.php)

And don't EVER, EVER EVER! take the earlier advice and use Ryanj and Megetter. They are known scammers and even if you're gear is worthless to them they might just delete it for fun.

Daldaen
04-17-2014, 04:49 PM
yes you used to be able to put something in a forge or whatever tradeskill container, camp, log on a dif toon then open the container and the item be there.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134064

I've got bug posts for everything. But it was post-Luclin change. Cause I distinctly remember backing away from a forge too quickly with my Luclin mallet and anvil inside and when it auto closes those no drop components get destroyed. Huge sad pandas.

nilzark
04-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Fairly certain "ground drop" was not possible in classic as I tried it thinking I was clever in 1999.

Laledorie
04-17-2014, 06:39 PM
You ask a simple question and all the assholes crawl out of the woodwork to answer it! If you haven't found any help yet, you can always send me a tell in game! I'll happily port both your toons and transfer your items for you for free. =) Good luck and welcome to the game!

Thulack
04-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Fairly certain "ground drop" was not possible in classic as I tried it thinking I was clever in 1999.

you could drop coin in classic along with items. But yeah anytime you need a hand let me know :)

nilzark
04-17-2014, 06:55 PM
I am going to test this out. This voodoo sounds useful.

Detoxx
04-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Shit man, we shouldn't even be able to sort items in our bank containers without first putting the containers into our main inventory.

Be grateful for what you have.

Not sure I'd continue playing if this was implemented, but it is indeed true.

Pheer
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM

There were exploits on EQemu involving items staying in forges etc., dunno if theyve been fixed over the years but you used to be able to do all kinds of retarded shit with them so it may not be worth the headache just to improve some peoples' immersion

nilzark
04-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Pheer, you know that it's all about the immersion.

Bigsauce
04-17-2014, 08:38 PM
That sounds most unwise

I see what you did there. :D

fran
04-18-2014, 07:51 AM
how com you have stuff to transfer only after 2 days playing?