PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble deciding on a class....

NirrtiXXX
04-16-2014, 01:17 AM
I am trying to figure out a class to choose...

I want something that can solo to an extent indoors (only if necessary but the better I guess would be good too) but find groups decently.

Good or evil is fine, but not enchanter, as i did not care for that class.

Preferably something that starting out with noob quested gear (like in paineel) or no gear is not a big deal.

Oh yeah the faster I level the better, so if it is doable on a race without an exp penalty that would help too.

Chess13
04-16-2014, 02:26 AM
Mage or cleric and just hunt undead

dobbo
04-16-2014, 03:09 AM
ya mage is probably your best bet based on indoor soloing and group capabilities. Plus they don't rely on gear at all.

RhodesRage1976
04-16-2014, 06:13 AM
yup Mage is going to be your best bet under those restrictions. Honestly though lots of classes can solo indoors if you get skilled enough. Root rotting mobs, or just picking your camps very carefully.

Estu
04-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Necromancer's also an option. Better soloer than mage, less one-dimensional / more interesting to play, but the downside is that they're in less demand for groups (though groups will still take you for the most part).

Laugher
04-16-2014, 08:48 AM
The only downside to mage is that they do get a relatively large exp penalty if your pet does I think 50% or more of the dmg so make sure you're dpsing as well.

Necros are just simply fun :p good survivability with some fd and a circlet of shadows, good dps too.

NirrtiXXX
04-16-2014, 12:08 PM
what classes are good at soloing indoors? I am strongly considering necro anyway.

Supaskillz
04-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Mage good at soloing indoors? Wat?

This has to be necro you are looking for, but can't recommend not rolling an iksar.

Trosh
04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Halfling Cleric

+20% exp bonus
Undead solo monster
EVERY group will gobble you up
Easy to quest for some gear, and then res for monies at later levels

Game always needs more clerics. A server could have 100% clerics, and they would still need more!

Edit: They can solo anywhere, but just fine indoors. you wear plate and have a shield, so your AC is high, and using nukes, stuns, root, and heals you can solo just about anything.. Not as efficient as some other classes, perhaps, but very strong soloers.

lecompte
04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Shaman

Pheer
04-16-2014, 02:29 PM
shaman/necro is your best bet with that criteria

shaman would have easier time getting groups at high levels

Supaskillz
04-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Shaman I think are really only great indoor soloers at lvl 60 when tey become just op bc of torpor. Until then relyin on root as only form of cc is not fantastic an pet is relatively poor tank.

Necros have tons of tools or indoor soloing with root, fd, pet , crappy mez, variety of undead spells including charm.

Shamans are better in groups. Necros pretty much mediocre dps that provide a bunch of utility but not optimal class for any of that utility.

Shamans are somewhat painful in early levels also which is worth considering if first toon on server.

Worth noting both classes are awful on raids. Necros just dump mana and send pet. Shamans just buff

Nazareth73
04-17-2014, 04:55 AM
Make yourself a female enchanter and cyb0rslurp a bunch of e-peni. You will be geared out in no time. And as an enchanter you can charm kill the shit out of everything.

Lyrith
04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Shaman, depending on your long term goals...

Necromancer will never see his epic, Shaman you can do yourself almost or just buy it cheap.