PDA

View Full Version : Changing PVP level range? and other

Rushmore
04-15-2014, 02:51 PM
+/- 4 levels??????? WTF

Our raid zones still going to be any level? I hope so. Otherwise anyone changing it has never played EQ PvP in a raid zone before. 55 Clerics just out of range healing everyone?
Please don't make this easy mistake. This will just be exploited.

Also EXP modifiers I don't know what kind of system your releasing but it just needs to be easy mode 1-45 or even 1-52. After that make everyone work for it. You do this to get everyone on server in RAID PVP RANGE. That's what were all here for anyways.

My opinion though.

Azure
04-15-2014, 02:53 PM
+/- 4 levels??????? WTF

Our raid zones still going to be any level? I hope so. Otherwise anyone changing it has never played EQ PvP in a raid zone before. 55 Clerics just out of range healing everyone?

Also EXP modifiers I don't know what kind of system your releasing but it just needs to be easy mode 1-45 or even 1-52. After that make everyone work for it. You do this to get everyone on server in RAID PVP RANGE. That's what were all here for anyways.

My opinion though.

4 clrcs vs in a 20v20... OOR really matters? L2pvp

Glad my cleric is a 51 and still a non factor in this game. There's worse things than a 55 clr... bring a 55 shm, druid, or necro to counter.

heals4reals
04-15-2014, 02:54 PM
who is OP?

plz dont share your opinions

Kergan
04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
So bring a 55 melee to kill them with I dunno? You can bring a 51 cleric now not that big of a difference.

heartbrand
04-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Ya lets all log out our 60 melees and log on our 55 clerics for mass pvp. That sounds like a winning strategy for sure. That remedy spam through melee train going to win it for us.

Kergan
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
I just don't get the uproar over OOR healers all of a sudden, people are acting like the exact same thing can't be done now?

Kergan
04-15-2014, 03:12 PM
I will say the one thing that changes that might make a difference is 55 mage COH bots, but even then what are the odds you don't have a single <60 there to take them out.

Galacticus
04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Promotes 60 guilds to bring 55s with them to raid.

Promotes new players joining big guilds and incentive for new players.

Promotes the server.

HippoNipple
04-15-2014, 03:41 PM
I will leave my rogue at 59 just in case.

Imago
04-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I will leave my rogue at 59 just in case.

That is a fantastic idea.

SamwiseRed
04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Ya lets all log out our 60 melees and log on our 55 clerics for mass pvp. That sounds like a winning strategy for sure. That remedy spam through melee train going to win it for us.

lol'd HB makin sense. if you lose mass pvp because someone logged a 55 cleric instead a main, you are doing something awfully wrong.

Eslade
04-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Forgot about Divine light also. World's gonna end. Hopefully no one starts bringing 51's and 50's to pvp fights, then we're all f'd.

Sektor
04-15-2014, 04:21 PM
pvp in Seb/ planes won't matter

Drakaris
04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
+/- 4 levels??????? WTF

My opinion though.

I truthfully believe there will be oor bards and clerics. One guild in particular who are known for boxing will 100% be exploiting this with an oor bard on follow for your big outdoor velious zones.

quido
04-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Do you have any idea how poorly autofollow works ya moran?

Drakaris
04-15-2014, 04:53 PM
They need to hard code a flag similar to what they did in wow when players get flagged for pvp in noob zones by certain actions.

Rule would be simple, cast a beneficial spell on a player above your level range, get hit with a debuff that makes you pvp enabled for +10 levels.

XiakenjaTZ
04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah, any beneficial spell and you get flagged. Selos included.

Drakaris
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, any beneficial spell and you get flagged. Selos included.

How cool would that be?

Debuff that lasts 15 minutes "your body is ready".

vouss
04-15-2014, 05:40 PM
will be good for lots of Nihilum if they shelf the 60 melee's to play an out of range character, but don't see it being enough

heals4reals
04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
gonna start raiding with lvl 55's

is ur body ready

Eslade
04-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Your nefarious plan of using oor healers only works if everybody in the other guild is 60. All it takes is a couple 58-55's and your plan is screwed.

OOR healers haven't been an issue in a long time if ever. It's a strawman argument.

Colgate
04-15-2014, 05:58 PM
now we just need item loot

mccallawazzle
04-15-2014, 06:06 PM
too many people crying about unfair fights is it?

why not just change it to +/- 1 level? or better yet ONLY EVEN CONS can fight eachother.

It would discourage pvp, which seems to be the point here, and its just as classic as global /ooc or YT. Lessen the pvp /petition load.

somebody please, please think of the newbies! theyre here to peacefully xp, and not have to worry about pvp while doing it - thats why they joined this server.

Telron
04-15-2014, 06:11 PM
lol'd HB makin sense. if you lose mass pvp because someone logged a 55 cleric instead a main, you are doing something awfully wrong.

;)

Drakaris
04-15-2014, 06:19 PM
will be good for lots of Nihilum if they shelf the 60 melee's to play an out of range character, but don't see it being enough

Its called 'boxing' you scrub.

I see you guys doing it all the time in small skirmishes. Its no secret that your guild frequently does it, so why the hell is everyone acting dumb as if people will actually play oor mains?

It just makes boxing an oor character for constant buff, eg selos, even harder to counter because fewer people will be able to PK the box.

And it is the small to mid ranged skirmishes where it would be the biggest advantage and where it will happen the most, because the GMs don't track that shit.

freez
04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Its called 'boxing' you scrub.

I see you guys doing it all the time in small skirmishes. Its no secret that your guild frequently does it, so why the hell is everyone acting dumb as if people will actually play oor mains?

It just makes boxing an oor character for constant buff, eg selos, even harder to counter because fewer people will be able to PK the box.

And it is the small to mid ranged skirmishes where it would be the biggest advantage and where it will happen the most, because the GMs don't track that shit.

http://media.tumblr.com/b8402ee7d990ace82badc98e76b0d28c/tumblr_inline_mhbt6n4KG31qz4rgp.gif

Tassador
04-15-2014, 07:00 PM

sprinkle16
04-15-2014, 09:49 PM
shut up

Twainz
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Don't worry pals. I get all my alts to 55 and stop leveling them already.

Cosmos 55 Enchanter
Bumblebeetun 55 Cleric
Soon to be Josiah 55 Rogue

heartbrand
04-16-2014, 10:12 AM
It's just a manufactured "problem". Sebilis / VP / the planes are all FFA pvp. The only places this could truly be abused are KC / EJ / SF. Let's wait to see if this somehow becomes a huge issue and then deal with it rather than proactively create confusing rules and coding for something that will likely never truly be a big deal.

sprinkle16
04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
no guild raid will ever be all level 60 people

will always be people in every level range, especially since exp sucks

I haven't got a char above 55 yet myself.

RoguePhantom
04-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Right, because the 60s are already in full no drop gear.

The only thing this will help is twink epic rogues going around killing people trying to level.

Kergan
04-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Item loot at a high end beings a lot of swapping of PVP focused gear like diamond rings/masks, wurm scale coats, bloodstained mantles, etc. People will just bag their top end shit. Make bags lootable and they'll bank it.

Diamond prices here so outta wack though people would probably just roll jacinth.

Azure
04-16-2014, 04:58 PM
make item loot only at 60. make them 'pro's' learn2bag

bet half this server cant bag their shit while blind

Kergan
04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
That implies they need to bag anything in the first place. Basalt carapace camp in lguk gonna be crowded as fuck.

Nirgon
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM
So bring a 55 melee to kill them with I dunno? You can bring a 51 cleric now not that big of a difference.

Oh man someone who played a lot on RZ saying the same thing I do

You either want another vztz clown box... or you want the good classic shit

Is an oor level 55 cleric really worse than some lvl 52 getting instagibbed? How does that not ruin the server but this will? LOL

Gaffin 7.0
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
shits classic i approve

Nirgon
04-16-2014, 08:33 PM
I need to be able to 1 shot lvl 52s trying to farm/xp

BUT AN OOR NEWBIE HEALER IN RAGS O GOD

(most of you retards are literally saying this)

Drakaris
04-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Oh man someone who played a lot on RZ saying the same thing I do

You either want another vztz clown box... or you want the good classic shit

Is an oor level 55 cleric really worse than some lvl 52 getting instagibbed? How does that not ruin the server but this will? LOL

Are you that dumb? Certain people have got boxing down to a fine art and only ever get their character logged out as a punishment.

I foresee boxed Druids oor healing and porting when things get tough on their main, oor bards giving that Selos while on follow and oor boxed clerics positioned to chain heal mains in mass pvp. People don't get perma banned for boxing as per the rules on this server, so what do you think people will start doing more often especially if their box can be high enough to provide benefits but low enough to be pvp immune to most players

Colgate
04-17-2014, 02:22 AM
everyone said at the start of the server that people would have <insert level range minus one> out of range healers/bards

i can probably count on one finger the amount of times that someone did this thing in the 2.5 years that the server has existed and it was a determining factor in who won the fight

Drakaris
04-17-2014, 02:55 AM
everyone said at the start of the server that people would have <insert level range minus one> out of range healers/bards

i can probably count on one finger the amount of times that someone did this thing in the 2.5 years that the server has existed and it was a determining factor in who won the fight

You're not counting properly then. I can count at least 5-6 encounters where a boxed character was used in a small scale skirmishes while being in range and possibly being the only character that died in pvp. If you are telling me that running an oor bard with level 60 monks for a melee Tstaff train of doom isn't going to happen and if a pvp immune boxed bard isn't just going to stand in the middle of the fight while the melee train runs around pking players, I don't believe you have thought this out or are being sensible with your judgement.

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 03:07 AM
You can already do this with a lvl 50-51 bard.

No one's doing it? Heh.

Are you people actually this retarded?

Drakaris
04-17-2014, 03:11 AM
You can already do this with a lvl 50-51 bard.

No one's doing it? Heh.

Are you people actually this retarded?

no you can't there are frequently sub 60s attending raids on both sides of the fence ranging from level 56-60... you would need a 47-48 character to be truely oor

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Lol you think a bard in range to 1 or 2 people with dragon drums and resist gear is at risk? HEH

So run a 47 bard with dragon drums if it will win the whole server. Looks like you guys could use it right now.

I love all the stupid excuses being made in here to prevent 4 level range.

Maybe Ender can make that his 7th new character you guys power level up as a slap in the face to the staff.

Jenni D
04-17-2014, 03:20 AM
dont mention that sick racist's name again please

Nirgon
04-17-2014, 03:24 AM
Yaw we'll bend to people like that's wishes instead of making da server classic. Reel goog.

:rolleyes:

SamwiseRed
04-17-2014, 10:20 AM
dat 47 bard was a real tide turner.

Kergan
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Level 4 bard with drums and heroism ftw.

mccallawazzle
04-17-2014, 03:33 PM
>>I love all the stupid excuses being made in here to prevent 4 level range.<<

the only excuse to support it, is that youre a huge pussy.

Red_Psyphon
04-17-2014, 03:56 PM
^ pussy who has to crush on people 8 lvls lower ;)

freez
04-17-2014, 03:58 PM
yeah anyone complaining about a smaller pvp range is probably used to fighting and hunting down people who are almost light blue

yeah youre bad

mccallawazzle
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
^ pussy crying about getting crushed on 8 levels lower.

freez
04-17-2014, 04:02 PM
nah been max lvl for 2 years and only alt at 48 has never been pk'ed

not sure if srs

Zoolander
04-17-2014, 04:39 PM
4lvls is a fantastic idea! there will be even more pvp this way on the highly populated pvp server

them big changes

Eslade
04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
4lvls is a fantastic idea! there will be even more pvp this way on the highly populated pvp server

them big changes

If it gets more people to play then yeah there will be more people to PvP. No more level 57-60's hanging out on the CoM walls nuking XP groups. It's not like they can't change it back if it doesn't work out.

Why do you want to PvP against 52's so badly is the real question here...

Wipe it Clean
04-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Freez is a goog player don't be bitches and pvp +/-4 levels is EZ mode.

Galacticus
04-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Ban all accounts. Remove all forms of communication.

Start new, no rules. All item loot. Permanent death. Monster mode implemented. Only North Freeport.

Wipe it Clean
04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Ban all accounts. Remove all forms of communication.

Start new, no rules. All item loot. Permanent death. Monster mode implemented. Only North Freeport.

wipe it clean

mtb tripper
04-17-2014, 10:11 PM
wipe it clean

not gonna happen

runlvlzero
04-17-2014, 10:40 PM
rushmore got owned so f'ckn hard i feel bad for him

Etorryn
04-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Another change that will make the server more blue and wont attract many more people. Never had a problem 1-60 leveling (solo, not knowing anyone and not guilding until 54 as a monk), actually enjoyed hitting 52 knowing it was open game. The people that complain and quit the server probably wouldn't of stuck regardless. Instead I think the changes will hurt the current player base while trying to attract more people to a 15 year old game. I will not come back to 2v1 against oor healers and bards with a low population. Wont be shit to do if I can't pvp except once a week. I could barely find legit pvp before all the changes and don't see people rushing back to make up for the lack of range. Elderan will need to crunch some numbers to prove it.

mccallawazzle
04-18-2014, 02:46 PM
aye glad we're all agreed then: this completely unsolicited, divisive proposition hadnt even been an issue until the staff decided, on a whim, to 180 on the server rules yet again.

Of the 3 active level 52s on the server, one of them at least appreciates being able to join his friends and battle at the high end, instead of waiting til 56 just to be able to participate.

levelling sucks id prefer to fight even a losing battle. pretty sure +/- 4 is what theyre running over on Hidden Forest already anyway.

vouss
04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Damn Drakaris Is so dumb

Kergan
04-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Every sustainable population has a significant transient group of people in it. We don't need every person to come to R99 and play for 3 years for the server to be better.

Rushmore
04-18-2014, 06:31 PM
rushmore got owned so f'ckn hard i feel bad for him

I'm assuming your talking about the reaction to my post? On the contrary! Top guilds are NoSing people before big fights. Everyone is a Skelly before a battle begins. All it takes is someone winning a big raid battle due to 55 OOR heals. Better yet .....Your main is 60 put a OOR healer on same account. Once you die log in the healer ...etc....Possibilities are endless. I prophesied here before an I'm doing it again. I get it all aren't 60. I'm currently 57. Off and On I've played on a EQ EMU server for almost 7-8 yrs NOW!? Dam. This isn't rocket science a lot of these ideas have been tried before and failed. Aka ITEM LOOT.

This is a problem. I don't understand why the community that still plays here isn't crying more about this horrible change that will just make less PVP or PVP less enjoyable.

This is HardQuest not WOW bullshit! I don't play anymore. Won't play till Velious might not play till then. I get my PVP fix in League anyhow.

Whatev.. I love how the DEVS or GMS here have all these grand ideas on this server and get excited about the slightest change that does nothing but make things worse. Instead of listening to what the people here mostly want. Just better EXP.

No one is whining about dying on a pvp server! If so they exited a long time ago they aren't coming back.

SamwiseRed
04-18-2014, 06:34 PM
we would have had them if it wasnt for that pesky meddling 55 cleric!

-said noone ever

Rushmore
04-18-2014, 06:40 PM
ok.... no tactics to be exploited. Not just heals.... a range of things. Gonna be so awesome when a grp of 60's camping an item gets to hang out with a 55 rogue or whatever and can do nothing about it.

Oh wait let me log on my 59 to deal with this. Ok.... Yall get what you want!

SamwiseRed
04-18-2014, 06:42 PM
id rather an idiot log in a 55 cleric than another 60 main honestly + ive never seen a large scale battle with only 60s involved. i can assure i for one will never be 60.

SamwiseRed
04-18-2014, 06:43 PM
with that flawed logic why arent people logging in 51 clerics in mass pvp. oh wait because thats fuckin stupid lol

Kergan
04-18-2014, 06:50 PM
But a 55 cleric can cast like two maybe even THREE more spells.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Mvm1XBC8O48EM/giphy.gif

SamwiseRed
04-18-2014, 06:53 PM
i predict each force bringing 10 lvl 55 clerics for support.

at least battles will be longer.

Bazia
04-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Even the exp nerf I could kind of see what the staff was going for with the legit issue of banned toons being PL'd superfast therefore making bans useless.

But cutting the pvp in half on an already super low pop server, this just I don't even what the hell?