PDA

View Full Version : Bard/SK Duoing Strategy

Vlak
04-14-2014, 11:44 AM
So a RL friend of mine recently started playing and made a human SK, so I made a bard to go with him. I wasn't thinking any farther than "oh I've never tried a bard before" when I made him, now I'm scratching my head thinking of strategies for duoing.

Right now all I can come up with is

-Fear kiting
-Bard Kiting w/ SK chasing as DPS

Anyone with a bit more experience have any ideas on this one?

deadlycupcakez
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
sk tank, bard weave heal song / haste / dps?

Vlak
04-14-2014, 02:34 PM
^^Kinda what we'll have to do at the beginning (lvl 3 right now).

I know bards get a fear song at 26, wondering if that's worth using over SK Fear spell or how best to make use of Bard's mass-of-mobs killing ability best with an SK partner?

Maybe something like Bard kites, SK watches mob HP, grabs low HP mobs, burns them down. This resets spawn timer, bard runs back to grab respawn to replenish mass-of-mobs, rinse, repeat?

Lyrith
04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Basically what you have mentioned til SK gets Feign Death, then I would change the strat to:

1. SK FD
2. Bard swarm kite around FD'd SK.

=D

Vlak
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Basically what you have mentioned til SK gets Feign Death, then I would change the strat to:

1. SK FD

=D

Ahh Lazy Kiting, a.k.a. the SK XP Leech ability. A difficult strategy indeed.

Nagash
04-14-2014, 05:05 PM

1. SK FD

=D

This if efficiency takes precedence on having fun together (although you could take this opportunity to beat his best scores at Candy Crush or any other game).

Other than that, fear kiting is an obvious one that comes to mind but you should learn in depth each other capacities as I'm sure there are plenty of ways of doing different things.