PDA

View Full Version : Giving this a go!

Wecoan
04-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Hey guys! Great server!

So I used to play on Live from 2001-04, Believe it was around Gates/Omens That I quit, played a bard on Mithaniel Marr for the first couple of years but later transferred to KB (which merged with AB) because I could no longer be a no-life raiding at 3am in the UK :P

Anyways, this is a great experience even logging in to the server to see old zones populated and such trivial items of old held in such high regard again. I've dabbled with a few race/class combinations but have found myself making a new toon when I hit the level 6-8 mark. This could be either because I'm playing rogue and can't find a group or I'm playing Iksar SK and it takes half a day to get a single level (forgot how brutal the xp penalties were!)

My question would be, is it worth leveling an easy solo class first for cash and items for my future main, or should I just stick with a horrible penalty and potentially no groups and just bear it out? Seems that I'd rather play something with a bit of flavour and versatility than play a wood elf druid or a human warrior (no offence to those people! haha)

Aussie
04-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the Server!

Depending on your playtimes, you really should not have a hard time finding a group once you get out of the newbie levels.

Play what you want to! But yes, alot of players roll a class that can solo to supplement their non solo class.

Cheers, Aussie.

Wecoan
04-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I'm on the GMT time zone, always seems to be hugely busy when I have to start thinking about logging off, would work alright at the weekends I guess.

Aussie
04-14-2014, 06:58 AM
We actually have a guild on the server with players mostly in GMT+1

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66996

Wecoan
04-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Fantastic, I'll give their site a go over and see what I can find, much appreciated Aussie :)

Lyrith
04-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the Server! =)

lecompte
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Welcome.

Rakurai
04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
welcome!!