PDA

View Full Version : Coming Back After Over a Decade Hiatus

thedap13
04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
I have recently created my first character on P99. I played on live up through PoP on the Nameless server. My main was Glixz Bigstixz, A Iksar monk and member of the Champions of Cabilis. I have created a bard just to see how P99 is and its just how I remember everquest.

I have a few questions about P99.

1. Is there anyway to make mouse turning faster? I have maxed it out in the settings but, still have to lift up my mouse multiple times to complete a turn.

2. How populated is the server? Is it easy to get groups or am i going to have to solo a lot of the time?

3. Are there any classes that I could choose to play that would make finding groups easier?

4. Any other tips for someone coming back to EQ after 10 years?

Thanks for your help

Rhambuk
04-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Welcome Cheers!

In game setting is the only way as far as i know. maybe your pc mouse speed?

Blue is very populated at 1k+ per night everynight and usually 1k+ during the day on weekends.

Red is a lot lower, i don't know the actual number these days but i dont think its been over 100 players in a long time.

Enchanter, cleric, shaman

Enjoy the journey!! Youll find here that people are pretty serious about our eq and you may feel the need to level rapidly THERE IS NO HURRY! the server has been out for 5 years, kunark out for 4? alot people have multiple raid geared epic lvl 60's.

Don't take the forums too seriously, people troll them constantly and love to be smartass's but were almost all helpful in game. its just in fun on here)

Boxxing is ILLEGAL and you will be caught/banned
Real money trading (Buying/selling in game items/plat for real world money/valuables) is ILLEGAL and you will be caught/banned

I can't stress enough taking your time, ive been here since jan 10 like 7 months after open, got 2 chars to 60 raid geared got bored and quit came back sold the account ( When it was legal ) started fresh about 10 months ago and im only level 37, i play maybe 2 hours every other day and im having more fun than i have in years on this server. Go over the getting started guide if thats the one with server rules.

Enjoy have fun! and welcome back to the ec tunnel!

Tyrant82
04-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome :)

About the mouse problem: Set the max frames per seconds in the Options to like 70 or 75 and the mouse should act properly :)

Cheers

phacemeltar
04-13-2014, 08:26 AM
Real money trading (Buying/selling in game items/plat for real world money/valuables) is ILLEGAL and you will be caught/banned

thedap13
04-13-2014, 03:07 PM
I believe my brother was in a few of those guilds. I am trying to talk him into joining me on P99. He played a dorf warrior named Arduff Mcduff.

thedap13
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Is it easier to solo as a Sham or Ench, if i cannot find a group? Also, any recommendations for guilds that accept lowbies?

doacleric
04-15-2014, 07:12 PM
1. Is there anyway to make mouse turning faster? I have maxed it out in the settings but, still have to lift up my mouse multiple times to complete a turn.

Go into the display settings of EQ and turn on the "Max frames per second" slider to 60fps. That will help with the turning problem.

thedap13
04-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Go into the display settings of EQ and turn on the "Max frames per second" slider to 60fps. That will help with the turning problem.

Thanks, kind of odd how changing the FPS changes the mouse turn speed.