PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Blood - Nec or SK?

Von Sin
04-12-2014, 01:18 PM
...trying to choose a toon.
Haven't PVPed in fuckin ages so I'm wondering:
Can necros hold there own in PVP half as well as they can solo dumb NPCs?

I know rolling a naked nooblet sk would be a bitch at the start, but will it be worth it considering velious is around the corner and I hope to find some homies amongst the neckbeards on here to gear up with?

Would love to play a rogue on here but starting fresh and friendless that would just be fucking sadistic.

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 01:20 PM
nec, easily unless a true neckbeard and can endure the penalty

LulzSect
04-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Go Necro unless you are truly prepeared for a -68% XP penalty.

Smedy
04-12-2014, 01:51 PM
necro, don't grief yourself by rolling sk

rollin5k
04-12-2014, 04:27 PM
if you have time to make everquest your second job roll sk
if you don't have a job currently roll sk

Pitborn
04-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Necro's are very decent pvp, just don't expect YT glory in group or raid pvp.

Necro #1 class overall imo.

rip my necro.

Potus
04-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Necro fine in PvP until level 49. Then you will die hundreds of times and not do shit to anyone.

You'll be able to farm a pretty awesome Monk/War/SK alt though.

Sektor
04-12-2014, 04:48 PM
sk followed by twink alt sk

loled

Nikon
04-12-2014, 06:18 PM

^this

Fame
04-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Statements like these make having Show Printable Version hotkeyed worth it. Adding this to my wall.

Galacticus
04-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Shaman. Get the necro dots plus heal and slow and sow and better nukes.

dethbringre
04-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Best advice. I'd further suggest to keep them spaced roughly 10 levels apart to ensure maximum fun :)

Drakaris
04-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Shaman. Get the necro dots plus heal and slow and sow and better nukes.

Necros get 2 da's and a series of other fun things. Pet is pretty useless in pvp, even the spectre isn't immune to fear like live and seems to do less damage (less than the wiki states).

If you can afford to use essence emeralds in pvp, necros can be playable with that 733 damage life tap. But it would also make an overly expensive pvp reagent, which negates any benefit from pvp kills other than a yt.

Historically speaking necros do poorly in pvp and most players will reroll other classes as mains when they hit higher levels. Pumice is readily available which negates pyrocuror and vexing moridinia, which take roughly 15-20% mana a cast. Cessation is good but takes too long to cast but is the only disease based spell worth casting. Poison bolt + ebolt combo works well for casters with vexing moridinia in between, but most casters will gate or die. Reapply poison bolt if they try to cure. Necros are one of the best pve solo classes, which makes up for their shortcomings in pvp. I've farmed 2 oggok cleavers and a tstaff so far as well as all my mid level dungeon gear.

Shadowknights are a fun pvp melee with plenty of utility, but the hybrid penalty makes them pretty unplayable during the solo grind. You will get kill shots as long as ht doesn't get partially resisted.

Potus
04-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah the Necro pet is beyond useless in pvp. It's actually a detriment, as people use them to train mobs on you.