PDA

View Full Version : Q&A Re-cap

vouss
04-12-2014, 12:54 AM
XP bonus was removed because people were recovering from bans to quickly, see Dulah <Nihilum> (Ender, Destin, Skank, Ehud, Spectre, all level 60 all banned)

You may see some XP bonus come back.

Server pop of 200 is realistic and ideal even if 70+ of it is Nihilim.

No boxing, no hotzones. Ever.

Number of RMT bans given was buyers only, number is much higher when you take sellers into account.

Rogean has been forgetting to shake the earth for four weeks in a row.

Thursday night fight will happen, never on Thursday.

All in all, RMT bans in place with XP bonus removal have shaped up the server, thanks GM's

heals4reals
04-12-2014, 12:59 AM
pity reply

Houndstooth316
04-12-2014, 01:00 AM
?????????? the server has not hit 200 pop except for the extra EXP bonus days.

even when the server had the standard exp bonus it never hit 200 in like a year

so many desperate red kids try to pretend like it was hitting 200 before the exp nerf!! never was pals

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 01:08 AM
ya bye nizzarr

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 01:15 AM
rip Jizzar n guild bank

Sirken
04-12-2014, 01:35 AM
link if anyone wants it - http://youtu.be/9d_LQnj9ovw

Ames who?
04-12-2014, 01:42 AM
?????????? the server has not hit 200 pop except for the extra EXP bonus days.

even when the server had the standard exp bonus it never hit 200 in like a year

so many desperate red kids try to pretend like it was hitting 200 before the exp nerf!! never was pals

there was 200 players online a week before the nerf during re-pops. You have no idea what you are talking about fgt.

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Anyways thanks Sirken n Derubel for the stream.

was a good 30 mins of entertainment

fiegi 8.0
04-12-2014, 03:04 AM
taylor swift - begin again

so good

Feniggles
04-12-2014, 03:06 AM
XP bonus was removed because people were recovering from bans to quickly, see Dulah <Nihilum> (Ender, Destin, Skank, Ehud, Spectre, all level 60 all banned)

Number of RMT bans given was buyers only, number is much higher when you take sellers into account.

All in all, RMT bans in place with XP bonus removal have shaped up the server, thanks GM's

some of my best memorys of this server were chewie and salem. salem is so far gone i want to throw up

Fame
04-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Best part of stream was twitch chat

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 03:10 AM
yup

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 03:11 AM
only got banned once on twitch chat

i am improving

Flowz
04-12-2014, 04:12 AM

So you are saying that they removed XP because the Power leveling was going too quick? im almost positive this guy after getting banned did start fresh with very minimal gear and no bags. He probably got power leveled by someone up untill 50+... That statment holds little weight and i find it hard to believe.

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 04:15 AM
"One of the reasons, The main reason, XP bonus was removed because people were recovering from bans to quickly"

was actually said by the Gm's a few times..watch the video

Magnum
04-12-2014, 04:45 AM
link if anyone wants it - http://youtu.be/9d_LQnj9ovw

Big ups to Sirk, Derubael and Zade for communicating what they know. Albeit a little late with the explanations - probably could have used this about a month ago but really at this point any communication or indication of server direction helps.

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 05:12 AM
we wouldnt have had this q&a without zade who leveled up a toon in the 20ies lately. thats my recap of the q&a

sirken, derubael and especially rogean&nilbog, its your time now to actually start playin on this server as a player ;)

analyzing without playing is one thing. seeing the server as a player in the current conditions is another

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 05:28 AM
and again, you dont change a working system weeks/months (?) before you launch new "big things".

the pop was cut in half the moment exp was taken out. and this wasnt a big thing, at all.

all those attempts to dress up facts with the bonusexp removal do not improve matters

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 05:56 AM
and there is something else the staff fails to see:

vets having a backup by their guild for powerleveling and a guildbank / own items to twink an alt will always make new alts. even if its not a week anymore up to 60 as mentioned by the staff in the q&a, it will be still way faster than for new players on this server without having any help at all.

so, by the exp nerf you are not helping the new players/server health as u thought u did cause the vets will still keep playing and the new players will still keep quitting on an empty server.

them "big changes" may change the current sitiuation but as mentioned in my previous post, you just dont change a working system to make it worse leaving everyone and everything in suspense for weeks till those changes arrive

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 06:47 AM
q&a 04.11.2014
sirken: what goes on in the r&f section of the message board is not gona be the same standard we hold public chat in game to

zade: miguel/slathar/roberto, he griefs he trains he does whatever but he is like, uh, he (giggles)... its pretty funny tho to watch, thats all iam going to say about that
sirken: (laughs)

so its funny to see this player shitting up the ooc with all his childish nonsense on a daily basis. does that attract new players?

is it funny that hes going full retard in ooc the moment someone else died in pvp?

is it funny that he is harrassing many players in tells telling them to quit the server (especialy those not 60 yet in rags) and telling them that he is going to cc them and the like?

for him and the staff, apparently yes.

kylok
04-12-2014, 07:11 AM
so its funny to see this player shitting up the ooc with all his childish nonsense on a daily basis. does that attract new players?

is it funny that hes going full retard in ooc the moment someone else died in pvp?

is it funny that he is harrassing many players in tells telling them to quit the server (especialy those not 60 yet in rags) and telling them that he is going to cc them and the like?

for him and the staff, apparently yes.

I agree with everything the staff just said

Jenni D
04-12-2014, 07:18 AM
pop so low, i cant even find a rez after dying. 36 pop. dying in lvl 46, 20% exp lost on death.

finally find a cleric, but cant find a port for said cleric. welcome to red, pals

Drakaris
04-12-2014, 07:37 AM
pop so low, i cant even find a rez after dying. 36 pop. dying in lvl 46, 20% exp lost on death.

finally find a cleric, but cant find a port for said cleric. welcome to red, pals

It's a tough life on red, there are a few super nice people with pot bound clerics. Cid kept me hanging in there when stuff got tough, I'm sure there are people out there that will help. Soda/daisey was always happy to help people with rezzes.

Unfortunately we are starting to see less and less of those sort of players, but hang in there, there are still some around and when you get higher levels you can always be one of those players that choose to help the newer ones out instead of creating pvp twinks to grief them off.

thugcruncher
04-12-2014, 07:37 AM
sorry bro

Bazia
04-12-2014, 08:29 AM
prob hard to find a port and rez at 6 am EST

and who the fuck needs rezzes, i have never asked for a rez while soloing unless someone was in zone

sack up and dont die

krazyGlue
04-12-2014, 08:41 AM
prob hard to find a port and rez at 6 am EST

and who the fuck needs rezzes, i have never asked for a rez while soloing unless someone was in zone

sack up and dont die

Not everyone lives on the east coast

Bazia
04-12-2014, 08:43 AM
If you don't live in the timezone like 70% of the server lives in then you should compensate by being better at Everquest

Just my 2 cents.

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 09:17 AM
GM's still aren't able to answer why they decided to implement the nerf when the box was thriving.

They can't admit that they fucked the box over with the EXP nerf, even Zade couldn't call them out on it (sad to see brother u don't have to take their shit anymore)

You know what I'm just going to stop it there, I could criticize and laugh at these guys for days it was worse than the Phantom Menace movie script.

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 09:20 AM
You know what I will add one thing.

Come join us for Q&A Sirken says, yet he can't say anything about the "big plans" they've been talking about for months, and the EXP reduction that killed our up and coming population may possibly be changed in the future with a grp bonus that we can't know about.

Well fucking done.

Drakaris
04-12-2014, 09:56 AM
If you don't live in the timezone like 70% of the server lives in then you should compensate by being better at Everquest

Just my 2 cents.

Those same people are often disadvantaged by higher pings.... I can't swarm kite with a bard since the AoE is player based and my client thinks the mobs are constantly oor from the AoE and when I get close enough to hit the mobs I'm already in melee range server side and cop a beating....

This has nothing to do with skill and I have tested this over and over again to no avail...

Unless they code something into the system such as increasing spell hit range based on latency, you are not on the same wavelength as people with low pings...

Slathar
04-12-2014, 10:16 AM
q&a 04.11.2014
sirken: what goes on in the r&f section of the message board is not gona be the same standard we hold public chat in game to

zade: miguel/slathar/roberto, he griefs he trains he does whatever but he is like, uh, he (giggles)... its pretty funny tho to watch, thats all iam going to say about that

I've never crossed the line, though. If someone calls LnS I let them go. Zade caught me once, but I served my time. Haven't broken a rule since.

Mitic is a crybaby.

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I feel like there is a pretty big disconnect between what the GMs think the server needs and what the PLAYERS think the server needs. Zade was supposed to be the red player representative but I don't think he represented us at all. For one, he said he would take out global ooc completely. Without OOC i would have never made it this far, that is just a fact and I am sure others can agree. EQ is/was supposed to be a social game. Take away that aspect and you've pretty much killed everquest for some us on this low pop server.

Next time we have one of these red discussions. I think we should have players on the panel so we are accurately represented. The whole time I felt like it was just you guys discussing amungst each other your opinions while we just listened. There were alot of things not even brought up that I felt were important. Blue players have that stupid raid discussion section, red should have the ability to have representives comminicate with staff directly on rules and server direction as well.

Speaking of which, what exactly is red's direction? We are unlike any of the live classic servers and with more custom changes inc I have no idea what we are supposed to be. I also feel like changes are made on the whim with no final goal or destination. Are we supposed to be as close to RZ as possible? Is the PvP server just supposed to be what the players think it should have been? Lately it has seems like its what the staff things it should have been. The XP nerf came out of nowhere. It is like Rogean or whoever looked at red one day and said, naw thats too much. Took it off then moved on to the next project. What the hell was the point?

I really feel (and I hope this doesn't sound too trollish) that this server is heading in the wrong direction if we continue to push changes without consulting the playerbase first, server will be back to double/single digits permanently.

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 10:40 AM
q&a 04.11.2014

I've never crossed the line, though. If someone calls LnS I let them go. Zade caught me once, but I served my time. Haven't broken a rule since.

Mitic is a crybaby.

the whole server (your /ooc shittalkin) and those people u kept harassing in tells especially after they died in pvp know better.

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 11:21 AM
<-- will volunteer to be on live player panel during one of these discussions.

Tassador
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
I have played eq on live and since the release here. As a boy then and a grown man now I can honestly say none of you nerds can or will ever harass me in tells.

heartbrand
04-12-2014, 11:27 AM
None of this matters. Rogean has final say on everything. He doesn't care for red99 very much. The end.

fiegi 8.0
04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
None of this matters. Rogean has final say on everything. He doesn't care for red99 very much. The end.

Fame
04-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Slathar is a pillar of r99 culture and you should learn to respect that Mitic.

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 11:51 AM
I asked them why Rogean wont just let someone like Sirken be the executive party over red. They got all upset and said Rogean cares a lot

Fame
04-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Rogean does a lot

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 11:54 AM
ah yea that was it Rogean does a lot

Tuffpuppy
04-12-2014, 11:56 AM
What is funny about the exp bonus nerf is that the people it is designed to hurt, actually hurts the least. It hurts the untwinked new player that is just trying to catch up to people to group up with.

Those people who choose to remake after their ban wont have trouble getting PL'd up by their guildmates.

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I was around for the first Ender ban and his new toon had 3 level 60 monks, and several level 60 healer's/shamans chain pulling the entire COM zone and FD PLing him.

I'm sure this EXP nerf would stop him.

vouss
04-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Stay strong brothers, evil is nearly vanquished

mostbitter
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM
you guys should just take a hint and stop playing here already. Diablo 3 is pretty fun

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM
can ps3 play with pc in diablo 3?

Kergan
04-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Setting up the entire exp infrastructure for the server based on a very small handful of people who will just make 60 in 10 days instead of 5 with nerfed exp is just a bad idea.

That being said, 400% is too high and the scaling 100-0% bonus we have now is too low. Plus the fact the exp rate is probably more important 50-60 than 1-50 anyway.

I'd say an across the board 100% rate, dropped to 50% post 50. Add in a 50-100% group bonus that scales with the amount of people in group, starting with 3 people. So 3 people = 50%, 4 people = 65%, 5 people = 80%, 6 people = 100%. Or something like that. That would make the max exp rate (compared to classic/blue) 200% sub 50 in a full group and 150% post 50 in a full group.

And get rid of hybrid penalties now. It's coming anyway, who gives a fuck if it isn't classic. If the goal is to get new people here let them play whatever class they want and not get passed over for a group because they are draining extra exp.

Rellapse40
04-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Plus the fact the exp rate is probably more important 50-60 than 1-50 anyway.

100% disagree by the time someone is lvl 50 they have found a guild,Got a few pixels they worked hard for thus keeping them on the box.

50-60 is the end game the end game is fine. We loose people at the 1-50 stage of this box, the people who have not invested 2 years of farming dragons @ 6am and can just walk away.

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
My idea for red features:

no hybrid penalty

2 times xp bonus across the board. no scaling.

legacy items events (maybe add an insanely low drop rate or have random times when they drop

binding in TD enabled

4 level range for pvp

soul binders

in-game leaderboard

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Slathar is a pillar of r99 culture and you should learn to respect that Mitic.

more like a pillar of shit

http://i57.tinypic.com/330zsyb.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/vzhocy.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2cztpk.jpg

Fame
04-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Beauty is in the eye ect.

Technique
04-12-2014, 01:31 PM
XP bonus was removed because people were recovering from bans to quickly, see Dulah <Nihilum> (Ender, Destin, Skank, Ehud, Spectre, all level 60 all banned)Punish the many for the crimes of the few.

The reasoning of fools.

Ames who?
04-12-2014, 01:34 PM
more like a pillar of shit

http://i57.tinypic.com/330zsyb.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/vzhocy.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2cztpk.jpg

lmao

Recycled Children
04-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Waiting for the "tough shit, thread closed" staff response.

quido
04-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Mitic, maybe you shouldn't act like an inbred retard if you don't want to get called an inbred retard.

Roberto is all that is good and pure on this box - we are better for having him.

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Mitic def doesn't antagonize, last time they lost mass pvp he sat at our guild bind waiting for anyone who died while raiding for like 6 hours so he could kill them naked and talk shit in OOC.

Smedy
04-12-2014, 01:47 PM
server would be shit if everyone was like mitic

server would be awesome if everyone was slathar

were here to pvp, not to join the already strongest guild who has farmed the server for 2 years to get a quick epic and port around killing lvl 52-54 players who attempts to level up and post shitty videos on the forums (mitic)

get real son, check yo self

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Mitic def doesn't antagonize, last time they lost mass pvp he sat at our guild bind waiting for anyone who died while raiding for like 6 hours so he could kill them naked and talk shit in OOC.

its your guild that choosed to bind on a strategic position that has 0 protection.

you cant have everything.

also, can u post a single screen about me talking shit in ooc please? just one.

Fame
04-12-2014, 02:03 PM
p sure you're the only person who fraps/SS anything relevant to you mitic, no one else cares, NO ONE

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 02:07 PM
p sure you're the only person who fraps/SS anything relevant to you mitic, no one else cares, NO ONE

thats not a problem as long the staff cares in the petition forum, ya kno

Fame
04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
naw

Slathar
04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
thats not a problem as long the staff cares in the petition forum, ya kno

The GMs think you're a crybaby, too.

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
The GMs think you're a crybaby, too.

how do you know, got friends there? ;)

Derubael
04-12-2014, 02:25 PM
"One of the reasons, The main reason, XP bonus was removed because people were recovering from bans to quickly"

was actually said by the Gm's a few times..watch the video

Not true at all, was a side effect. I think this was only mentioned once, and it was not referred to as 'the main reason'.

I wrote a stupidly long post a couple months back about why the XP was too high. That's pretty much a manifesto on why the XP bonus got cranked down to the scaling bonus.

Come join us for Q&A Sirken says, yet he can't say anything about the "big plans" they've been talking about for months, and the EXP reduction that killed our up and coming population may possibly be changed in the future with a grp bonus that we can't know about.

We pretty much straight up told you what some of those changes were during the stream. Go watch again. I even hinted towards what the final % numbers of the group bonus would be.

This is part of the reason why it's difficult to work with certain parts of this community. Even when we come out and try to give/get feedback, people cherry pick or don't listen at all. Stasis, literally every question you've raged about us not answering was answered in this stream, or has been answered in the past.

To everyone else who listened, but maybe wasn't thrilled with what they heard, thank you. We care about you guys and want to get you the most enjoyment out of the box as we possibly can. We also realize you are hurting, and need halp. We're hoping we get the changes we had outlined as soon as possible. If we don't, as stated during the stream, we'll try to hot-fix something in until that can be completed. Before anyone asks, I don't have a timeline :)

Slathar
04-12-2014, 02:27 PM
how do you know, got friends there? ;)

No. I know because you are, in fact, a huge cry baby who is terrible at this game.

Zoolander
04-12-2014, 02:34 PM
No. I know because you are, in fact, a huge cry baby who is terrible at this game.

and you are, in fact, the most toxic player on the whole server with beastagor right behind you on the 2nd place.

Squire
04-12-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWV00bi-Y0

Stasis04
04-12-2014, 02:48 PM
We pretty much straight up told you what some of those changes were during the stream. Go watch again. I even hinted towards what the final % numbers of the group bonus would be.

This is part of the reason why it's difficult to work with certain parts of this community. Even when we come out and try to give/get feedback, people cherry pick or don't listen at all. Stasis, literally every question you've raged about us not answering was answered in this stream, or has been answered in the past.

To everyone else who listened, but maybe wasn't thrilled with what they heard, thank you. We care about you guys and want to get you the most enjoyment out of the box as we possibly can. We also realize you are hurting, and need halp. We're hoping we get the changes we had outlined as soon as possible. If we don't, as stated during the stream, we'll try to hot-fix something in until that can be completed. Before anyone asks, I don't have a timeline :)

Instead of the usual dumb questions I've prepared a few off the top of my head which would better serve the community.

1) Was this the desired result of EXP reduction (removal of mostly newer players, low pop, bad server morale).

2) Would you agree that people aren't willing to commit the amount of time required into this box to make it to max level and raid PVP(It took my rogue about 10 months to get 60 with bonus, and Nihi Trak/Fear/Hate exp grps.)

3) Are you aware that GM's before you have tried to remove the EXP bonus with the same logic and it always leads to the same result that we are in right now.

4) Why would you remove the EXP bonus after your thread received criticism from 90% of the people on the box across all guilds, the other 10% opposing being trolls.

5) Were you aware there were 3 competing guilds before this EXP nerf, one open guild to lower players, and a lot of excitement on the box prior to the nerf and pop breaking 200 often.

6) Why would you feel it was the best time to implement the EXP nerf against the opinions of people that have been here from the beginning and all stated the box was finally turning around.

7) Do you understand PVP servers are harder to level on significant especially in an FFA setting where no one trusts anyone.

8) Do you understand people have done the grind many times over and this box would be better promoted towards PVP(not in my ideal world of nostalgia, in reality.)

9) Do you think keeping classic EXP actually improves people in PVP like your long winded thread said (really)?

10) What are the big plans that you cannot say because it puts pressure(?) on Dev's on the project 1999 forums by 50 nerds that play here. Why can't we know? I know you won't answer this whatever.

Slathar
04-12-2014, 02:53 PM
and you are, in fact, the most toxic player on the whole server with beastagor right behind you on the 2nd place.

Good, so quit. Bye.

heals4reals
04-12-2014, 03:49 PM
All I c is "what's happening to our server?"

"WWatch my stream watch my youtube watch my stream again then re watch my youtube"

iiNGloriouS
04-12-2014, 03:54 PM
All I c is "what's happening to our server?"

"WWatch my stream watch my youtube watch my stream again then re watch my youtube"

kylok
04-12-2014, 04:03 PM
All I have to say is where's my exp heroin?

#bigthings2014

Derubael
04-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Instead of the usual dumb questions I've prepared a few off the top of my head which would better serve the community.

1) Was this the desired result of EXP reduction (removal of mostly newer players, low pop, bad server morale).

2) Would you agree that people aren't willing to commit the amount of time required into this box to make it to max level and raid PVP(It took my rogue about 10 months to get 60 with bonus, and Nihi Trak/Fear/Hate exp grps.)

3) Are you aware that GM's before you have tried to remove the EXP bonus with the same logic and it always leads to the same result that we are in right now.

4) Why would you remove the EXP bonus after your thread received criticism from 90% of the people on the box across all guilds, the other 10% opposing being trolls.

5) Were you aware there were 3 competing guilds before this EXP nerf, one open guild to lower players, and a lot of excitement on the box prior to the nerf and pop breaking 200 often.

6) Why would you feel it was the best time to implement the EXP nerf against the opinions of people that have been here from the beginning and all stated the box was finally turning around.

7) Do you understand PVP servers are harder to level on significant especially in an FFA setting where no one trusts anyone.

8) Do you understand people have done the grind many times over and this box would be better promoted towards PVP(not in my ideal world of nostalgia, in reality.)

9) Do you think keeping classic EXP actually improves people in PVP like your long winded thread said (really)?

10) What are the big plans that you cannot say because it puts pressure(?) on Dev's on the project 1999 forums by 50 nerds that play here. Why can't we know? I know you won't answer this whatever.

Stasis, I'm going to respond, and then I will never respond to another question you ask again, because this has all been answered before.

No

This is Everquest. What people are or aren't willing to do to get to 60 and join Nihilum or Azrael is not our problem. As it currently stands, there's a bonus from 1-50. That being said, your question is highly subjective, as some people are willing to do this, and some are not.

Let's be clear on three things. First, there is still a bonus. Second, XP was never left at the rate it was the past ~6 months. Third, our intention was to lower the bonus, then modify it in a way that promotes community growth rather than individual achievement and an all out rush to 60.

The XP bonus was too high, and needed to be pulled out in order to change it. While we agree an xp bonus of some kind is still needed, this is not EZ server or LoZ. If we'd removed the 400% scaling on the same day we put in the group bonus, it'd be viewed as an overall nerf rather than a great new feature.

This isn't even really a question. You're wasting your valuable GM time on rhetoricals.

This is a repeat of a previous question. But to further expand, as we've seen before in the past, Red will peak at around 200 players, and then slowly dwindle back down to 100-150, even with your sacred XP bonus. You all seem to be forgetting that this was the pattern when the bonus was initially implemented last year. We want a sustainable population, not 100 new burnouts every 6 months.

I played here for over a year, so yes. That's part of the reason why Red has the scaling bonus.

Do I understand? Stasis, I don't even think this is a coherent sentence, let alone a question.

Do I think taking longer to get to the 50's where all the box pros prey on scrublets like hungry wolves on sheep? Yes, absolutely. Having more lower level pvp experiences to build your knowledge base and skill upon will drastically improve peoples chances to thrive in the "red zone" of the 50's.

I'm not going to repeat myself. We already hinted at a few of these changes. We aren't revealing anything until we are ready so that we don't kill the hype for the day they go live.

And now, Stasis, after answering your list of questions, here are mine, sans the ridiculous format your questions were asked in (DO YOU UNDERSTAND, DO YOU REALIZE, ARE YOU AWARE?!?!)

1) In speaking with players who have quit Red99, or talking to players who have decided they don't even want to try, I would estimate 70-80% of them say they left or did not join because of the community and the way it presents itself. What is Red 99 doing to improve it's image in the eyes of a new player?

2) How do the forums effect this image, if at all?

3) How do the in-game chat channels effect this image, if at all?

4) What do you think the red 99 community looks like to a new player?

5) If the XP bonus is the end-all-be-all of box pop and good times, why did the population peak last year, then fall back down to the ~100 level, only to slowly rise back up when Heartbrand went on a strong recruitment drive, promoting a non-grief, family atmosphere?

As an aside, we understand that XP is a little too low, particularly post level 30. But we need you to understand that we as a staff can only do so much to fix the box. I've been trying to drive this home for months now, and the only thing people can focus on is XP. The XP thing is going to happen, but when it does, this community needs to already be prepared to show it's best to the new players who will come when this all goes live.

So why don't you guys work on your end of things, we'll work on ours, and we'll all enjoy a more populated box when we're finished.

RoguePhantom
04-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Not true at all, was a side effect. I think this was only mentioned once, and it was not referred to as 'the main reason'.

I wrote a stupidly long post a couple months back about why the XP was too high. That's pretty much a manifesto on why the XP bonus got cranked down to the scaling bonus.

I have faith that there 'is a plan.' But what I DONT have faith in, is that that plan will ever see the light of day.

XP was removed because Rogean heard you all say "XP was too high" so he Ninja Nerfed it. Without waiting to hear about plans to normalize it.

I wouldn't have minded if the 400% (if that was the actual number) was cut in half. But now we do not even have the "scaled" 1 to 50 bonus. (There was a Chanter that made a post about specific numbers getting through lvl 45)

I think even if there was a flat 100% bonus or SOMETHING done, that would be awesome; but there is zero faith that anything is being done before this "master plan."

The numbers don't lie. The pop was "thrivig" at close to 200 with the XP "bonus," but now... its a ghost town. City of Mist was a grouping haven, now, im usually the only one there. When the XP bonus was 'mistakenly' put in that one sunday, CoM was back up to 15 people.

kylok
04-12-2014, 04:39 PM
I have faith that there 'is a plan.' But what I DONT have faith in, is that that plan will ever see the light of day.

XP was removed because Rogean heard you all say "XP was too high" so he Ninja Nerfed it. Without waiting to hear about plans to normalize it.

I wouldn't have minded if the 400% (if that was the actual number) was cut in half. But now we do not even have the "scaled" 1 to 50 bonus. (There was a Chanter that made a post about specific numbers getting through lvl 45)

I think even if there was a flat 100% bonus or SOMETHING done, that would be awesome; but there is zero faith that anything is being done before this "master plan."

The numbers don't lie. The pop was "thrivig" at close to 200 with the XP "bonus," but now... its a ghost town. City of Mist was a grouping haven, now, im usually the only one there. When the XP bonus was 'mistakenly' put in that one sunday, CoM was back up to 15 people.

We definitely have a scaling bonus 1-50, proven by Tecmos and confirmed by Samwise.

actually how about this, instead of acting like a cocky, spoiled, little brat, you appreciate the fact that a staff member actually took the time to put 10 minutes into giving you a sincere response, and then you reciprocate that good deed by taking a few minutes to actually read it, before just clicking reply and smashing buttons on the keyboard.

#bigthings2014

Fame
04-12-2014, 05:54 PM
such emotion, much tears, goog thrade!

heartbrand
04-12-2014, 08:46 PM
GM's have clearly stated their vision. Unfortunately, that vision is one only 80 people care to partake in.

freez
04-12-2014, 09:19 PM
GM's have clearly stated their vision. Unfortunately, that vision is one only 80 people care to partake in.

you burned every bridge on the box

no tears now

Kimm Bare|y
04-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I care.

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Derubael
And now, Stasis, after answering your list of questions, here are mine, sans the ridiculous format your questions were asked in (DO YOU UNDERSTAND, DO YOU REALIZE, ARE YOU AWARE?!?!)

1) In speaking with players who have quit Red99, or talking to players who have decided they don't even want to try, I would estimate 70-80% of them say they left or did not join because of the community and the way it presents itself. What is Red 99 doing to improve it's image in the eyes of a new player?

Tallon Zek was similar with the mentality here, I heard Sullon was worse, VZ might have been better. RZ I don't know some say it was hardcore others just a blue server.

Appealing to a grittier player base and not the standard blue version of "the boats fucking sweet bro" isn't an issue, if the people have problems with shit talk, mob stealing, dying, revenge, frustration, glory etc and everything that comes with it, peace? Regardless, I'm sure if the server gained population, and the server staff worked with us to make it easier for the new comer, and more appealing with things like legendary item dropping days, or a solid grp EXP bonus so it doesn't take a year to get into action, or really anything other than come grind fucking classic with nobody then this problem would naturally solve itself by improving morale.

We don't want VZTZ speed or instant 60, I think the former bonus divided into a group bonus was the answer, but that's irrelevant.

2) How do the forums effect this image, if at all?

One of the best parts of Tallon Zek was Tallon Zek Times, and project 1999 are the forums, although recently they have been a bit boring, it's a shame you guy's don't get this, did you play on a PVP server? We don't have nearly the creative talent from the live forums, myself included, but a lot of the rivalry starts here, which is what it's all about.

3) How do the in-game chat channels effect this image, if at all?

OOC is a bit of a shit hole, you could do something about it with actual punishments, I don't know - people can turn it off, I personally like it, I'm neutral on this I see it from both sides.

4) What do you think the red 99 community looks like to a new player?

Right now? A barren shit hole with an unattainable grind for no purpose or reward at the end.

A month or more ago? 3 guild rivalries with each guild trying to recruit and PL the lowbies on the box to add to their numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a lot of loud mouth losers, I truly believe a lot of this was developed over the years of how the box was ran, which I'll get more into later.

5) If the XP bonus is the end-all-be-all of box pop and good times, why did the population peak last year, then fall back down to the ~100 level, only to slowly rise back up when Heartbrand went on a strong recruitment drive, promoting a non-grief, family atmosphere?

Now we're getting somewhere, the right questions ! If you would have asked this before I could have explained the type of situations guilds and players went through on this box prior to Nizzar taking a break and Azrael taking over.

There was no PNP. There was no Simulated Patch days, and there was a zerg of Nihilum who out numbered and geared anyone else on the box by far. They would use this advantage to sit on other guilds that raided(even planar trash) and then corpse camp them at their guild bind until they quit the game. This guild never leaked one mob for years, there was a couple Trak's here and there after that, but ultimately it was one guild (who was RMTing? you know more than me) squeezing every new player into joining or quitting.

Planar trash raids sat on for the entire night, wipes trying to contest Trakanon with Tune/others roaming TT/EJ for days, chasing lowbie grps around.

People aren't fucking stupid, they get to 60, see what it is (very little PVP, a lot of bullshit by people who played the game like a job, no rules to help the little guy, non varianced head to head only option)

The EXP bonus is not the end all be all, it's the vessel of getting new players into the game. Once there, if the game is a bunch of career virgins farming raid mobs back to back and spending ridiculous man hours making others quit then obviously it's a flawed fucking system no shit.

You saw a problem with people not sticking around in the high end, and drew a completely incorrect presumption which is why the players wanted that changed. How the GM's can see one guild acting the way they did for years, get 100% of raids mobs, and think this custom designed server was working correctly is another story, but if you'll remember I was there for awhile preaching about PNP, variance, sim repops turned out to be a better idea but I still realized there was a problem.

PS the Heartbrand family guild bullshit, cmon everyone knew that was just a shtick to try to gain players, no one bought that shit and it was never ran like that - was just a guild that helped each other which is necessary, you know real shit not perceived bullshit.

As an aside, we understand that XP is a little too low, particularly post level 30. But we need you to understand that we as a staff can only do so much to fix the box. I've been trying to drive this home for months now, and the only thing people can focus on is XP. The XP thing is going to happen, but when it does, this community needs to already be prepared to show it's best to the new players who will come when this all goes live.

Make the rules and journey to 60 accessible and encouraging for new players, by increasing the speed DRASTICALLY for GROUPING, access to legendary items, and into a high end of simulated repops once the population gains, not a completely cock blocked end game by career virgins that will fuck people over till they leave and I promise u I'll tell people to STFU or die. I told Cast off in TS for giving Amelinda shit, yelled at him, told him to shut the fuck up and pointed out why he was being a hypocrite. Don't act like we're unreasonable players here. (turns out Cast was right she was a piece of shit accepting bribes to give in game advantages, no wonder she kept telling me two groups of lvl 30's did naggy legit, bitch.)

So why don't you guys work on your end of things, we'll work on ours, and we'll all enjoy a more populated box when we're finished.

Then try to fucking make it attracting to new players, because I promise you, you attract people and make it better and NOT FUCKING SHITTIER and people's attitudes will improve, at the very least don't fucking kill what players were trying to fix without you.

Stop worrying about bullshit like players impressions of the forums or OOC, and focus on real actual shit in-game to make it fun, and accessible, if you just turn your head and say everyone there is a scumbag that's why it sucks and Stasis is an asshole they deserve themselves i'm out you're just like the ones before you who just don't, fucking, get, it.
[/QUOTE]

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 03:10 AM
Edit, there was some stupid full page Faerie post that's gone, thank god.

heals4reals
04-13-2014, 03:23 AM
So what your saying is the box was growing on its own and administration thought to intervene and killed it?

Again?

Roger that

Agatha
04-13-2014, 03:26 AM
people make fun of me for being on drugs, what the fuck are u guys on that makes u guys care this much.

Nyanknits
04-13-2014, 09:46 AM
I think Agatha is a pretty cool duck. Eh forums and doesn’t afraid of anything.

Pudge
04-13-2014, 09:59 AM
why did the population peak last year, then fall back down to the ~100 level

Because staff said they were going to make a teams server, and everyone was like TEAMS TEAMS TEAMS and stopped bothering with r99. Some ppl are still waiting. And when it gets brought up on these forums, it still makes new red players say "I'll just wait" and not log in

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 11:01 AM
people make fun of me for being on drugs, what the fuck are u guys on that makes u guys care this much.

They should really just make me a GM so I could fix this place myself and stop having to try to educate every new GM why the population is low. (hint, reducing EXP and sticking new players in 1-50 longer didn't fix the end game, or make their 52-60 any easier once they get there.

Oh yeah you actually had a comment, care to post Agatha, Thumperx, Jupe, Push, Portahoe's /played time. I wouldn't either.

heartbrand
04-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Except you being a gm would be meaningless because you would still be unable to implement any meaningful changes to this server due to rogean. Red will always be pretty much what it is now without rogean ceding control of the box to someone who feels passionate about red99.

heartbrand
04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Just take a look at the velious pvp beta. Oh wait you mean there is none? That's how many fucks the men at the top give about this server

rollin5k
04-13-2014, 12:06 PM
That would be stupid to have two betas when the one they have has 1 person logged on usually. Wtf?

RoguePhantom
04-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Just take a look at the velious pvp beta. Oh wait you mean there is none? That's how many fucks the men at the top give about this server

Who care about Velious beta. I want the "Group XP Bonus" that keeps being thrown around by the GMs to get done.

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
People with the classic raging hard on, it doesn't have to be so time consuming that people don't play here.

I'm leveling right now and all I want to do is log off.

It's not why people will, have, or ever will play here. That's what blue is for.

50 people online.

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately I have a feeling the GRP bonus will be a mickey mouse bonus that doesn't scratch the surface, even the previous bonus was still hard to get people leveling 50-60.

Elderan
04-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Stasis, I'm going to respond, and then I will never respond to another question you ask again, because this has all been answered before.

I have learned many things since I came to this server. One thing I learned is when GMs listen to Stasis the server dies a little every time.

- Stasis begged for teams server. GMs announced teams and pop went from 220 a night to 100 over night.
- Stasis begged for PNP and population went from 200 a night to 100 a night within 7 days.

Derubael if you really want to take player thought in and make some things happen then you need Me, HB, Nizzar in chat and we can fix this server within a week. Of course as long as you can get Rogean to implement the changes.

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 12:40 PM
I begged for them to take a gigantic bong rip and go on a live twitch thing and say that someday they'll make a teams server and merge into the main one changing the ruleset somewhere down the line years from now? Teams would be the best system for a low level/mid level community, fact.

The population dropped 100 because of the PNP? Joining the server and just apping instantly to the number 1 guild selling yourself as a product with high raid attendance to Nizzar you really have no perspective on how the PNP would change things for the underdog, as you were never one.

The only reason you think the PNP was bad was because you were on the winning side at the time. You don't play anymore BTW do you?

Sektor
04-13-2014, 12:40 PM
orrr could ask someone with 0 hidden agendas

<----

Stasis04
04-13-2014, 12:41 PM
BTW the new Nihi members that were abandoned by the old ones call LNS often which Azrael always allows.

Nirgon
04-13-2014, 12:41 PM
You can replace #1 guild with #1 team (evil) and be done with the entire concept of teams

rollin5k
04-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes have all three people in the same guild and a gm fix the server right up.

heals4reals
04-13-2014, 12:56 PM
im agathas friend

Eslade
04-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Yes have all three people in the same guild and a gm fix the server right up.

lol, exactly what I was thinking. I trust hb, but making a committee of people from the same guild is stupid and every decision no matter how fair will be called into question.

pnp helped the server, xp nerf is why a lot of people left.

starting to see why they call him eldermoran now.

Vile
04-13-2014, 01:25 PM
what i miss last 2 weeks, wtb recap

Elderan
04-13-2014, 02:02 PM
lol, exactly what I was thinking. I trust hb, but making a committee of people from the same guild is stupid and every decision no matter how fair will be called into question.

pnp helped the server, xp nerf is why a lot of people left.

starting to see why they call him eldermoran now.

Cant deny the fact the server pop went from 200+ a night to around 100-110 a night within a week of pnp policy going into place.

All I am saying is those they have listed to thus far have only failed to revive the server.

So why not try listening to those who are more experienced in these matters.

LulzSect
04-13-2014, 02:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j3sAEmI.gif

Pudge
04-13-2014, 02:40 PM
you need Me, HB, Nizzar
http://pictard.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/retarded-boy.gif

Colgate
04-13-2014, 02:44 PM
eldermoran giving some great laughs right now

Puddems
04-13-2014, 03:31 PM
this is rediculis they relly need to have faster exp., people keep quitting because its way to slow. just bump up the exp and the population will come back

Conscript
04-13-2014, 07:50 PM
This thread made me depressed as I was thinking about rolling on Red99 too..

Oh well, hope your server life improves!

kylok
04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
#bigthings2014

RoguePhantom
04-14-2014, 06:28 PM
orrr could ask someone with 0 hidden agendas

<----

That is true. Your only Agenda, to keep the server a complete shit show, is widely known.

kank
04-14-2014, 06:43 PM
That is true. Your only Agenda, to keep the server a complete shit show, is widely known.

PKing on a pvp server is a shit show?