PDA

View Full Version : yet another Mage pet xp thread!

Priceline
04-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Before y'all get :mad: please remember that I love you :3 My question(s) are related to the recent fix to pet aggro and the possibilities of out damaged pet vs. reclaim/nuke.

Since mobs don't rage on me when I cast a 5dd nuke and attempt to sit down even after my pet has eaten 30% of the mobs health, thank you devs!, is it now possible to out damage a fire ele and take full xp?

With the innate fire ele's damage shield being so high I'm assuming (didn't have mage on live) that the majority of the damage comes from said DS correct? And since that damage is neutral you could cast the appropriate level nuke which would do more damage then the pet's melee attacks and thus take full xp.

Possible?

side note on using reclaim, the mana it restores is based on the hp remaining of the pet correct? I'm having trouble seeing how its efficient reclaiming at the end of a fight when pet hp is under 30-40% in some cases so you don't get a lot of mana back and then have to use more mana to nuke and resummon.

Dragonmist
04-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Sometimes your pet is a lower level upon resummon at least in my experience and if not the damage is lower. Only thing Reclaim becomes useful for is the oh shit moments when you Lom and need mana to gate out before your eaten...

Nagash
04-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Yes it is possible but not worth it. Best option is to get a pet out, use its DS (innate or cast on him) and recall the pet when the mob starts to flee. At level 47, I still use the level 8 35DD spell to finish mobs (a couple of cast in general).

Regarding the mana granted back by reclaim, it is indeed based on the %HP left but does it matter when you spend your time meditating and only use low level spells to finish a mob? Nope it doesn't, you will still be full mana most of the time :)

Priceline
04-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes I won't be trying this after all, hit 20 and started reclaiming since I finally felt like mana wasn't going to be a huge issue and the exp is just sexy as hell.

The fights @ 20 with a fire pet last under 30 seconds, not giving me much time to med and depending on level of the summoned pet is had 20-40% hp left.. so not much mana return. I can only assume this gets better though as fights last longer.