PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 1

Vidar
04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
So, I've been going back and playing older games recently. I played WC3, Balder's gate, I started Icewind dale 2, and Balders gate 2, but i didn't finish either. I played most of those way back when but i never played starcraft even though ive owned it for years. I've started it several times but never completed the Terran campaign.

So I started it recently and I'm about halfway(i think) through the Zerg campaign. I have to say i am impressed. For a game that came out in 1998 its pretty damn good. And these old RTS games are hard! Kids these day don't know how good they have it ;)

Any old RTSers here?

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 05:16 PM
And these old RTS games are hard! Kids these day don't know how good they have it ;)

Any old RTSers here?

I still havent beaten a single SC campaign they are so hard, or i just don't feel like starting over 45 minutes later because i had gap in my wall haha.

Loved SC though, i have to say WC3 was my fav just because the online games with tower defense etc i loved those and the hero games so great.

Vidar
04-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I still havent beaten a single SC campaign they are so hard, or i just don't feel like starting over 45 minutes later because i had gap in my wall haha.

Loved SC though, i have to say WC3 was my fav just because the online games with tower defense etc i loved those and the hero games so great.

YES! WC3 Reign of Chaos Is my fav RTS. I love the Custom games as well. Cube Defense!! and of course DOTA =)

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Its so hard to find a decent defense game, i mean anything that comes close to how great they were in wc3. Love tower defense games haha

phacemeltar
04-11-2014, 06:38 PM
the hero games so great.

ive been waiting for a new hero game to be released (i know, when you want something done do it yourself) to no avail.

there was a very good one made by one of the top gamers in the community, but i think he got disillusioned by the community and there were some really weird updates made. Hero Wars Icelands is what it was called. there was a leaderboard and everything. i havent been on there in about a year, but it was good times.

Vidar
04-12-2014, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure they're going to make it, but Warcraft 4 will be awesome if for no other reason than the custom games. They need to shut down WoW and Diablo and Only make WC4!!

Did you ever play Dark Deeds? or unknown Creature Tag? They werent the most well known but they were ffuuunnnn!

Scrooge
04-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Try Warcraft 1 and 2 (and Dark Portal expansion), they were both amazing games in their day, and still are even today for those who appreciate old school gameplay over graphics. Also Command & Conquer: Red Alert and Dune 2!

Swish
04-12-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure they're going to make it, but Warcraft 4 will be awesome if for no other reason than the custom games. They need to shut down WoW and Diablo and Only make WC4!!

Did you ever play Dark Deeds? or unknown Creature Tag? They werent the most well known but they were ffuuunnnn!

What about Blizzard's strategy for DLC in WC4? Can I get shinier things than everyone else? Will they let me use dad's credit card?

Kazi
04-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Kerrigan's story is so epic. Effin Mengsk.

Overthrow
04-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Play Natural Selection2 if you like RTS and games like StarCraft. It is a mix up of RTS and FPS. A commander who builds and upgrades the marines or alien side. At the same time, there is normally 8 marine players going against 8 alien players who are trying to control the map and build up what the commander tell them along with killing them. It's kinda a cool mash-up between CoD/CS and StarCraft.

Millburn
04-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Play Natural Selection2 if you like RTS and games like StarCraft. It is a mix up of RTS and FPS. A commander who builds and upgrades the marines or alien side. At the same time, there is normally 8 marine players going against 8 alien players who are trying to control the map and build up what the commander tell them along with killing them. It's kinda a cool mash-up between CoD/CS and StarCraft.

Have they added in co_ maps yet in NS2? I mean I love how the game is its own thing but hot damn do I enjoy the mini-leveling aspect of the combat maps. I was sad when they didn't have any for NS2 when it launched. Curious to see if they've been added in yet.

LulzSect
04-13-2014, 01:57 PM
I still play Red Alert.

http://cncnet.org/