PDA

View Full Version : Mage Noob Question

Halius
04-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Hey all,

Just pondering something here. I know pets can use items that proc like Gnoll Hide Lariat, but can they proc any weapon at any level or do they have to be the same level a PC would have to be? For instance, last night I got a lucky drop from a flunkie and I picked up a Sarnak Liberator which has a proc for 74-81 dmg at level 20. Now I was debating selling this because at level 21 I could definitely use the extra cash but then I had a thought of giving it to my pet for some pretty good dps as I hear pets usually proc weapons much more often.

So anyways I was thinking, when I have time to dedicate a few hours of time to leveling, would it be worth it to give this to my highest level pet, which right now is level 20 (the level the proc requires) and in a way PL myself or should I just keep the sword and sell it. Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I never played a mage on live so not really sure how pets work so much. Only played a war, clr, and pal on live.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Pets have the same rules as players in regards to procs. They need to be at or above the required level in order to proc which means that you need to be careful, especially on levels where they may summon under. When you think about it though, why would you give any pet that was not max summon a tradeable proc wep? Just make sure you're aware what level your max summon is for that spell group.

In terms of the Sarnak liberator - I would just sell it. I believe they go for a fair bit and would probably help you along more than giving it to your pet. How you should frame your question: if I were paying another character to pl me, would I spend x (x being the value of your wep) to get me that much more xp based on the increased damage my pet will do? IMO it's not worth it but it's your money.

Halius
04-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah the highest level pet I can summon right now is 20 which is the level of the weapons proc. But I hear you, thanks for the advice. I'll probably just sell it, just didn't know if the proc would be worth it for my pet.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah the highest level pet I can summon right now is 20 which is the level of the weapons proc. But I hear you, thanks for the advice. I'll probably just sell it, just didn't know if the proc would be worth it for my pet.

At best you would bolster the effectiveness of a duo. All you're doing trying to solo with a maximum DPS pet is increase the rate at which you receive 50%xp.