PDA

View Full Version : Lvl of different Guards?

Trosh
04-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Innoruuk commands me to spread darkness and hate! One way I have translated his will is corrupting or removing any law enforcement of the soft and ignorant races of Norrath, thereby spreading panic and fear! Being a new initiate in the army of hate and dark, I know not how powerful these supposed heroes of the light are. Any information on strength and numbers will go well towards your profile if ever I find you in my cross hairs.

While the guardians of the laws of the "goodly" races are certainly prime targets for my hatred, any races that claim neutrality in this divided world show their ignorance as certainly any and all that are not with me, stand against me.

Elterei D'Saide
15th Season Necromancer
Devoted of Innoruuk

(looking for a possible leveling guide based on murdering good-race or neutral guards, as I'm a Dark Elf Necromancer. Usually guards drop nice amounts of stuff to sell for $$, right?)

Uteunayr
04-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Innoruuk is a pushover, a deceiver that has manipulated a people into believing hate to be some great power. There is no power greater than that of necromancy, not even hate.

Praise be to Rodcet Nife, the Prime Healer, he who brings Life to all. Without the energy of life, necromancy would have no power. Without life to tap, necromancy has no fuel. Without Rodcet Nife, necromancy would surely perish.

(Guards are alright for cash. The better cash camps are those with gems usually. So you're looking at Spectres, Sisters, Druids, Treants, stuff like that. A lot of guards open up to being killed around level 30)

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Paineel guards can be done at 20 with no faction hit.

Rivervale/misty thicket can be done around 30 or so, however you will experience resists and they're fairly camped. There are lvl 40 guards inside Rivervale so watch out plus it can be kind of camped.

Kelethin guards can be started at 30 but again, there are some that are 40. Guards don't path off the edge so that's nice too - no need to worry about the lower newb guards jumping in and ending your shit.

Felwithe guards can be done 40+ but you need to keep them feared otherwise they will loh. Their drops are arguably the nicest.

Halas guards apparently can be done but the shape of the city is very straightforward and unfortunately you path right by the shaman guild with a GM outside. Halas guards are also on shaman guild faction so you will likely agro. Zone also requires swimming but since you'll have to be 40+ you'll likely have Dmf.

Kaladim guards are great if you can split them. They are all 40+ and I did them extensively on my shaman. Great cash camp if you bind at the Druid ring.

If you're truly evil you can do neriak guards. There are a lot of them and they are a healthy mix of 30's and 40's.

Efp and wfp are all level 40 guards except for a few here and there. Lots of them in efp to be had. I believe wfp raises faction with NFP so they are usually camped more often.

Qeynos is too varied. I would just avoid, however, you can do nk/wk guards which could be alright. Never done em personally.

Erudin looked promising too but the fact that they're paladins means loh and likely blind/root. They are most L30.

Hhk guards are between 27-35 and are good till mid 40's. Amazing zem there though so that's worth mentioning.

Ak anon has roamers outside (two watchmen I believe) who patrol the path outside the city. Not too sure about inside the city but IMO there's tons of wandering reds who will likely ruin your day. I would advise against unless you find a relatively decent safe spot.

All in all there are lots of options. The general takeaway is that most guards spread across the world are either early 30's or early 40's. I wouldn't start any of them until they were a healthy shade of dark blue. Some are casters but you're a necro and should be able to handle that.

Good luck.

sox7d
04-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Kelethin guards are around 40-44, all warriors, even the highelf captain and drop 10pp/kill swords always (or 2x FS which translates the same)

Felwithe are around 41-42, 22pp swords. paladins.

Erudin are warriors all lvl 30. drop 4pp staffs

iksar are all 50+ as far as i can tell

Freeport is all over the place up to around late 30s i believe

FV is lvl 40 super undercons.... like a bajillion hp

dwarves are late 30s early 40s.

Neriak is late 30s early 40s.

-Agaydal, lvl 59 evil wizard of tunare, friendly to neriak :)

Lojik
04-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Erudin guards are paladins, however they are extremely easy and they only seem to LoH if they are rooted at low hp.

sox7d
04-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Erudin guards are paladins, however they are extremely easy and they only seem to LoH if they are rooted at low hp.

well they're shitty paladins because i had 3 rooted yesterday and they didnt cast shit for the entire duration of fetter.

Potus
04-13-2014, 09:52 PM
No, no, no. If you want to be truly evil you kill your own guards.

They wave hello to you as you go to get your spells and BAM their blood is boiling and Jababer is smacking them.

Trosh
04-13-2014, 10:24 PM
While Hatred and Evil may walk the same path often, Evil is not the path that I follow. I spread hate, and by eliminating the guardians of Neriak, I would be lessening the hatred in this world. Good and Evil are always confused and dilluted into shades of grey when your objective is to stoke the flames of hatred and malice.

On the whole, the "Goodly" races proscribe to law, order, peace and harmony: this is why they must be removed. In order to bring the red-black cloak of Innoruuk to the world, chaos and death must reign, but not necesarily Evil, which has it's own designs.

As for your precious Rodcet Nife, one could make the argument that he is an agent of chaos and hatred. Who could hate more then one who has been brought to the brink of death by another? If they survive the disgrace of near-death, they surely hate the one who has brought them to that state. The ability to heal simply extends the life of those who would fight, therefore continuing the accumulation of pain and hate through those who kill and maim. Entropy however is not my objective, but darkness is.

I salute you scouts for the information you have brought to me, and I will guarantee now, that the forces of harmony and peace shall be shattered at my earliest convenience.

Elterei D'Saide
Devoted of Innoruuk

Lojik
04-13-2014, 11:33 PM
well they're shitty paladins because i had 3 rooted yesterday and they didnt cast shit for the entire duration of fetter.

They are indeed shitty paladins

Nagash
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
A true act of hatred would be for you to hate yourself and to prevent yourself from doing what you want most which is spreading hate and darkness; in your case, the best act of hatred would be to commit suicide indeed.

Clarification: in game of course, not IRL!

Rhambuk
04-14-2014, 05:58 PM

are they stunning? I'm pretty sure i tried this on my druid years ago and got stunned and beaten pretty fast.

this would be great if they aren't casting so damn much

Rhambuk
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
These guys are mean.

just to test it (thankfully didn't try to quad first) I pulled sentinel tybal. He immediately rooted me then when it broke recast 5 times (resisted 4) got him down to 28% he healed himself, got him to 19% he LoH'd

no fun

Potus
04-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah don't ever root-rot caster mobs, especially healers.

Only fear kiting will kill them, and be generous with the reapplications of fear.

Lojik
04-14-2014, 08:50 PM
are they stunning? I'm pretty sure i tried this on my druid years ago and got stunned and beaten pretty fast.

this would be great if they aren't casting so damn much

I do remember them trying to cast stun and root on me sometimes. I soloed them on my shaman pretty easily for a few days to get my paineel faction up when I was in my 30s. This was also when my best item was a beetle stinger so I definitely wasn't twinked.

Potus
04-14-2014, 08:58 PM
I do remember them trying to cast stun and root on me sometimes. I soloed them on my shaman pretty easily for a few days to get my paineel faction up when I was in my 30s. This was also when my best item was a beetle stinger so I definitely wasn't twinked.

Did you hide behind a wall so they don't see you?

Rkelly
04-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Root rot works fine for Felwithe guards as a shaman, they don't Lay on Hands if you're not in melee range and just dot them up and run out of casting range.

Velerin
04-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Any of these in city guards stay db to 59? Trying to find some around the 43-45 lvl range (besides buffed up city entrance guards).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Any of these in city guards stay db to 59? Trying to find some around the 43-45 lvl range (besides buffed up city entrance guards).

None that I've seen. Some will stay DB till 56-57 though.

Loud
04-15-2014, 01:15 PM

There is one guard in neriak( the first zone from nek) that is blue at 59. If you run straight from ZI he is in the first door you see.

sox7d
04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
These guys are mean.

just to test it (thankfully didn't try to quad first) I pulled sentinel tybal. He immediately rooted me then when it broke recast 5 times (resisted 4) got him down to 28% he healed himself, got him to 19% he LoH'd

no fun

the four in the temple hall thing to the docks didnt cast on me when they sure as hell had the opportunity. pretty sure they could be quadded if you just spin around the rectangular area in there

Vlak
04-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Maybe this should be put in a guide: The Solo Guard Diet 1-60

Rhambuk
04-15-2014, 03:31 PM
maybe ill try again, the first one at the library was casting a lot. I tried going aorund that lil loop with the portals and stairs but he just warped through the wall

Trosh
04-17-2014, 03:21 PM
A true act of hatred would be for you to hate yourself and to prevent yourself from doing what you want most which is spreading hate and darkness; in your case, the best act of hatred would be to commit suicide indeed.

Clarification: in game of course, not IRL!

As far as self-loathing goes, only a fool would follow that destructive loop. Hatred is something that is directed outwards, towards those other unworthy beings around yourself. You can be an object of hate, and hate others, but self-hatred is something that simply is not in my arsenal. In simple mathematical terms, the best way to spread hatred is to get others to hate each other, for they shall probably also hate you, therefore many instances of hate can be crated within one person. Hating ones self will start and end with yourself, and therefore is simply idiotic to consider when your objective is to spread it as far and wide as possible.

Most importantly however, I find that hating myself is simply not possible, for I am the most fantastic thing to ever grace the world of Norrath. Soon enough all will be within my shadow, and they shall know despair!

On a more philosophical strand, being a necromancer has self-destructive tendencies to begin with, as we destroy our bodies in order to enlighten our minds, and steal the vitality of our enemies to fuel our curses, powered of course by the great God: Innoruuk. However, Necromancers deal with the intricacies of life and death, and have a very close relationship with it. In fact, Necromancers are the most attuned to life-force of any class there is, from knowing what their health can do, to knowing the anatomy of their enemies, and using life-force either as a weapon, a tool, or to aid others. This being the case, anyone that is so in-tune with life and it's energies would find something as idiotic as suicide simply against everything that they stand for, and I would doubt very much that you would see one consider it.

Death to Order! Death to Peace! Let Hatred envelop the world.

Elterei D'Saide
Devoted of Innoruuk

Zuranthium
05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Hah, I love dis guy.

Uteunayr
05-11-2014, 09:19 PM
I missed this post!

In fact, Necromancers are the most attuned to life-force of any class there is, from knowing what their health can do, to knowing the anatomy of their enemies, and using life-force either as a weapon, a tool, or to aid others.

You're so close to realizing why Rodcet Nife is the true God of Necromancers. So very close to realizing why Innoruuk and Cazic-Thule offer us nothing but their powerful remains.

Kevynne
05-21-2014, 02:32 PM
bard diet for daaaayyyyzzz mayneeeeeee

also north karana guides at the spire/bride to sk are around 37-40 iirc, forgot if they were even of blue to my 39 enc when i started there. they blue at 43 still tho, however

Kevynne
05-21-2014, 02:33 PM
As far as self-loathing goes, only a fool would follow that destructive loop. Hatred is something that is directed outwards, towards those other unworthy beings around yourself. You can be an object of hate, and hate others, but self-hatred is something that simply is not in my arsenal. In simple mathematical terms, the best way to spread hatred is to get others to hate each other, for they shall probably also hate you, therefore many instances of hate can be crated within one person. Hating ones self will start and end with yourself, and therefore is simply idiotic to consider when your objective is to spread it as far and wide as possible.

Most importantly however, I find that hating myself is simply not possible, for I am the most fantastic thing to ever grace the world of Norrath. Soon enough all will be within my shadow, and they shall know despair!

On a more philosophical strand, being a necromancer has self-destructive tendencies to begin with, as we destroy our bodies in order to enlighten our minds, and steal the vitality of our enemies to fuel our curses, powered of course by the great God: Innoruuk. However, Necromancers deal with the intricacies of life and death, and have a very close relationship with it. In fact, Necromancers are the most attuned to life-force of any class there is, from knowing what their health can do, to knowing the anatomy of their enemies, and using life-force either as a weapon, a tool, or to aid others. This being the case, anyone that is so in-tune with life and it's energies would find something as idiotic as suicide simply against everything that they stand for, and I would doubt very much that you would see one consider it.

Death to Order! Death to Peace! Let Hatred envelop the world.

Elterei D'Saide
Devoted of Innoruuk

Tunare's chosen embraces this player of roles.
Chellsea and her Kin will always stand beside you, child of hate.

Nirgon
05-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Also kill the druid NPCs in EC/WC and pair of treants in SK. Good classic necro camps.

Kevynne
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Also kill the druid NPCs in EC/WC and pair of treants in SK. Good classic necro camps.

th ec druids change gender and race but not names!

Frug
05-21-2014, 02:54 PM
The bridge guards in Nek forest are pretty low - 20'ish.