PDA

View Full Version : Issue connecting to the servers

Currupt
04-09-2014, 02:13 PM
OK let me start off by saying that I have looked through a number of technical issues and the only similar problem I have found was unresolved.

I recently built a new computer. My old computer was running the game fine on the exact same network setup in my house prior to using the new computer. The router has already been port forwarded and so on. I am actually able to connect to the game and log in on my laptop on the same network.

Now to the problem.
I have done a number of fresh installs and tried all methods I can think of to logging on. I have used Duxa's installer. I have tried a fresh Rogean style install not using Duxa. I've tried the shortcut method with the "Patchme" rename, and so on. I'm still convinced that it's an issue with my PC somewhere though.

The actual issue. Whenever I open EQ with any of the methods above, it takes me to the login screen like normal. I type my username and password and it then takes me to the server select screen. Upon trying to log in to ANY server, it immediately drops me back to the login screen. If I then try to log in again it gives me the error message "Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server. You may need to re-run the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server. this is usually temporary"
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss here.

India
04-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Did you happen to go thru the troubleshooting found in this thread?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94928

Currupt
04-09-2014, 04:53 PM
I did actually. Went through everything. The thread is locked so it can't be posted in.

India
04-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Are you trying to login to the red server first? If so, login to blue and then you should be able to login to red w/o issue

Other than that, that's a hard one to diagnose. I'd search this forum on "1017" and see what comes up and how others have resolved the issue

Currupt
04-09-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm trying to log into blue. I've tried logging into 5 or 6 of the different servers though.