PDA

View Full Version : Weird Network Lag Problem

Rithraem
04-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm experiencing weird, frequent lag that I can't seem to figure out.

Every 3-5 minutes, my character will start behaving as if I'm going link dead (if I cast a spell, the bar will move but no spell graphics or actual casting), and after about 5 seconds or so, he'll snap back and cast or whatever. It also updates his positioning so other people will see me warp to wherever I was standing on my screen.

The weird part about this is everything else is moving and acting in real time. I can see mobs hitting me wherever they think I'm standing, I can see my friends attack, talk, etc, so it's like only MY character is lagging. I can't do anything in those few seconds. It has gotten me killed a couple of times.

FPS is solid. No issues whatsoever there. My lag bar is always full and green.
I'm running Win7 64, no compatibility modes.
I feel 99% sure my connection isn't dropping, and I've never experienced this problem before anywhere else.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Technotorious
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
I had a similar issue and am running the same OS, I tried every fix and remedy listed in these forums and the only thing that worked for me was:

-Changing to Default game UI was running Duax
-Moving my EQ folder from C: program files (64)EQ to C:EQ
-Changed my power setting to High Performance

Once I did that the game ran (and still runs) like a champ.

Rithraem
04-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the response, man!

I installed EQ to c:\EverQuest by default, so I'm with you there.
My UI is default.
I just changed my settings to high performance to give that a shot.

I feel so convinced that this issue is network related somehow and not a problem with my machine. Again, everything and everyone else around me runs around and performs actions normally while I'm sitting there unable to do anything for 5 seconds or so. It's like the server just isn't communicating my actions for a bit for whatever reason.