PDA

View Full Version : Any advise?

Chess13
04-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I am an old EQ player but it all so new again and I love it. I am playing a ranger just about to ding 5 any advise for way to get basic weapons and armor? I just got the surefall crook weapon. Are here guilds that invite lowbies like me?

Kellek
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
First off, welcome!

Get yourself to EC. Kill low level skeletons and spiderlings. Sell the silks, and bonechips. You can get damn good items insanely cheap sometimes, even free, but you have to be where the people are selling or giving them out, and Qeynos area seems pretty empty unless people are hunting gnoll fangs.

If you plan to stay around Qeynos, one item you can try for that will help is a qeynos guard shield, people killing guards wil often let you loot one. For that matter, if someone is killing guards, ask if they wouldn't mind you looting a weapon, I think they drop Fine Steel, correct me if I'm wrong, which is a nice upgrade from rusty ones.

But regardless, save all your bonechips and silks for selling to players. I'd also hold on to any HQ bear skins you come across, they can get you 25-30p each. Sadly, it seems just about evrery other skin you'll be lucky to get 1p for, I never held on to em.. too quickly you're overburdened. But still, you can make a bunch of money at low levels.

And in addition, the Knights are a good bunch of people, no level or class or racial limits.

Supaskillz
04-08-2014, 11:18 AM
There are some leveling guilds. Check out the guild section of this forum.

P99 wiki is worth checking out. Lots of good info there.

As a newbie a good way to get basic gear is collecting bone chips. Players will buy stacks of them. Then you can use that to buy banded armor or something similar. East commons is the main trading zone. If you are in g.fay, when you are ready try to ask for a port to wc from a Druid r wizard or take the boat from butcherblock to Freeport. Don't forget to get bound in Freeport after.

snoopiku
04-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Like others have said, there are some good items to farm and sell to others at low levels, ie spiderLING silks, HQ bear pelts, and bone chips. As a ranger, best bet is to farm some items to sell and get a nice 2hs weapon. Can get some decent 17dmg 30delay weapons for 100pp or so, such as http://wiki.project1999.com/Nathsar_Greatsword .

Having a 1hand weapon is good at lower levels, but once you get to 20+ a 2hander is the way to go.

Chess13
04-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info