PDA

View Full Version : Solo enchanter charming spots

Dora
04-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I'd like to put together a list of the great spots to solo as an enchanter, using the charming method. The basics are to try and find two mobs of similar strength, pit them against each other, keeping the non-charmed mob rooted, and when they (hopefully at the same time), run low on hp (<15%), break charm with an invis, and finish both mobs "manually".
The advantage of this method is to get full xp for both kill, while spending very little mana (the charm, the root(s), and a couple nukes/dots to finish the mobs off).

For this to work best, one should find a spot with melee only mobs. Casters are a pain, since they will nuke you while rooted, nuke you on pull, and nuke you when charm breaks, whereas keeping max distance from melee is usually enough to re-root/re-charm without getting hit, occasionally with the help of an aoe stun.
Mobs that run away when low on hp are even better, since you won't have to worry about getting hit when they are low either.
Finally one wants a spot relatively free from adds. It's very possible to deal with some adds, either by keeping them mez/mem bluring at the end of the fight, or keeping one CCed while the 2 first duke it out, with your help to accelerate the process, so you're left with one mob full hp and one halfish hp for the 2nd round, but for the sake of efficiency, no adds is better.

Here's the spots I've found during my leveling career - currently 30. Pro tip - these are generally the same areas druids will seek to charm animals or root/dot in, so look out for your friendly druid neighbor to exchange crack for SoW it pretty much take the danger out of the equation. (Duo-ing with a druid is even more fun, but that's not the purpose of this post).

12-15
Ak'anon, the minotaurs next to lesser faydark zone. There are 4 spawns there, without being twinked this is about all I could handle, but it was great xp.
I've also tried CB, in the back, Lego's and slavers, it's doable when not crowded but much more dangerous.

14-17
Lesser Faydark, Nybright Sisters

15-17
Oasis caiman and crocodile if the zone is not too crowded. I don't recommend the deepwater, they hit hard and are difficult to recharm.
I found derv camps in nro, oasis or sro are also very doable as long as you're lucky with lull to break the camp at start (but careful with these nasty casters).

16-20
Orcs (Warriors, keep away from the priests!) off the highway in oasis. I positioned myself between the lake and the highway, it's easy to pick up warriors from there, and there is only one mummy roamer to watch out for.
Orc warriors, ghould and tarantula in the oasis next to the NRO zone also very good, but keep an eye out for these pesky sand giants.
Also upper guk spiders is nice xp, though a bit more risky.

20-23
I've had the best luck in Eastern Karana, camping near the bridge to Northern Karana, picking up Dark Stalker, Gorge Hound and Griffawn.

23-25
The spiders on the other side of Eastern Karana, at the end of the canyon to highold pass. You will collect a LOT of silk.
The overthere, camping near WW zone is also doable then, but pulls are long, I didn't quite like it, and you often compete with bards swarming.

24-31
Warsliks Wood Giant Fort

25-27
I've found a sweet spot in WW, up the river from the giant fort (the branch of the river heading toward OT zone) there is a ruin with 2 groups of 3 iksar manslayers and pariah. These are really easy to kill, plenty of room to run around, no adds (none of these nasty goblins that seem to pester the rest of the zone).
Note that the tunnel going to LOIO in WW are also very doable - also plenty of iksar renegates, but just not quite as handy as the spot above.
LOIO is also very doable at this level around the windmill, or camping on the ledge taking a sharp left coming out of FV. Pulls are a little more dicey, and the undead make it a bit more painful.

25-30
bunch of Iksar Exile in the tunnel from Swamp to TT

25-40
Mistmoore solo, just progress deeper into the zone.

27-30
In LOIO, I camped at the base of the Sarnak tower situated next to the Fort back door. It's a fairly safe area, and there are plenty of pulls between you and the lake (but a lot of undeads).
at 29-30, the Fort back door entrance is also very doable, but careful with the mobs coming out of the fort, and the Sarnak Dragoons will make you sweat.

30-35
South Karana Spire Gnolls

33-37
Split Paw

34-41
Unrest Hag Tower.

34-41
Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

38-42 :
The Overthere - somewhere on a ledge (++ for War braids).

42-46 (Beguile's fine to use for all these spots - no mob higher than 37)
DL yeti caves
Bouncers in Oggok (also drops that nice 15CHA offhand) + good money with 2 fine steel weapons on most guards
RM Hill Giants - Good money, but overcamped.

42-52
DL around KC (bit more dangerous - some higher level mobs for which Beguile's too low)

44-48
CoM entrance, when not camped.

44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

46-52 Kedge Keep

49-55 Burning Woods. Near SF zone.
This is not the easiest spot, mobs are scarce, long pulls, and nasty sarnak casters, but doable

49-52 - Spectral Keepers in TT

50-55 -
Hole Entrance (+Loam drops)

50-56 - CoM

53+ HS

While talking with lower level enchanters, a few things I've discovered people didn't know - some i didn't know myself until someone told me.

If for some reason you're going to keep your pet for multiple fights - like duoing with a cleric. Giving a torch to your pet will increase dps by forcing dual wield. works nicely on sword pet as well.
Don't forget to mana tap these casters (51+)
Berserker spirit is a nice little rune free of reagent.
You can heal your pet by breaking charm and mezzing it, or by breaking charm, blurring and letting it go back to it's spawn point, if you can easily recharm it.
Get a clicky see invis of some type, instant charm break is worth it.

Also always welcome chat in game - and interested in small type groups, duo or trio. I've had great group with all healer types.

I've played my cleric most lately, and get to enjoy the other side of the cleric/ench duo - love it. I don't think there is any better xp out there for a cleric. I've had the chance to play with some fantastic enchanters, which showed me I had a lot of room for improvement playing Ronie!

Dianae - 55 Cleric <Harmony>
Ronie - 52 Enchanter <Harmony>

Uteunayr
04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Make an Enchanter guide. The more guides, the better.

Add to the end of ( http://wiki.project1999.com/ ) a page name, and edit it to start. :D

Like putting the following into your address bar (http://wiki.project1999.com/Dora Enchanter Solo Spot Explorer)

pasi
04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
If you're good at the game, you can do these 1-2 levels lower, but:

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

I've posted a few times about these if you want to look up rationale or tactics. They are incredibly low-effort exp spots that give close to, if not the best solo exp for those levels.

Man0warr
04-07-2014, 05:49 PM
25-40: Mistmoore solo, just progress deeper into zone
34-40: Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

Daldaen
04-07-2014, 06:05 PM

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

I've posted a few times about these if you want to look up rationale or tactics. They are incredibly low-effort exp spots that give close to, if not the best solo exp for those levels.

Knight / Hag tower is the shit. Though getting through 40 on those would be rough they are light blue then. But 34-39 it is pretty tough to beat.

2 hags on 7min timers, have something like 650 HP, so if you catch them before they rune themselves it's an easy nuke to kill em.

Knight or werebat/greater darkbone spawn every 25min or so.

Currently due to zzz axis bug, the werebat roamers from bar room lives in tower so there is that mob to contend with as well.

I got my cleric from 36-39 there in a few hours on Saturday. It was nice.

Numbers_
04-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I did the giant fort in warsliks from 24ish to 31 (I think) charm soloing. It was super fast and decent money. It really slows down though if there are multiple people there, which is the biggest drawback.

Numbers_
04-07-2014, 06:47 PM

34-41 Unrest Hag Tower.
44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

Just hit 34 and I love Unrest. I'm definitely going to try this out, thanks!

Shamalam
04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
34-40: Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

Seriously crazy exp to be had here, even without a partner to snare. There are several spots along the coast nearby Tracker Azeal that you can pull to and fear without getting a single add. If you're in the right spot, the mobs will run off towards Azeal and then turn around and run back to the coast over and over. I don't even bother breaking charm to get full exp per kill, for me it was faster to just chain pull and eat the penalty. There were only a few times where I got adds doing this, and it was trivial to just mez them until I was ready. I was here from 36-42ish, getting more than 20% per hour the whole time. Pretty sick. Eventually you'll only be pulling snarlers, which is when it starts to slow down a lot.

I think spirocs in TD would be doable solo at 42, but probably pretty risky and I'm not sure how the exp would be. I would stick to charming the lower level ones so you can keep using Beguile as long as possible. They are also pretty heavily camped.

Could probably do entryway stuff in City of Mist at 42 as well. Maybe Bloodgills in LOIO, haven't tried those yet. Spectres in oasis/feerrott might work, too.

At 44 you can easily kill every single guard in Paineel, 6-7 of which will still be dark blue. The exp is slow but you can make some decent plat, and it's safe and relaxing. At 46 I'm planning to see what I can solo in The Hole, should be interesting!

Nightbear
04-08-2014, 02:25 PM
CoM is the charm soloing king if it's not mega packed :). Duoing 46-56 kedge is my favorite exp.

Malone88
04-08-2014, 02:58 PM
14-17ish
Lesser Faydark, Nybright Sisters

30-35ish
South Karana, Spire Gnolls

33-37ish
Split Paw (before double-doors)

Tewaz
04-09-2014, 02:28 PM
I like to do BB fangs for levels 4-46 personally.

Dora
04-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions!

To the poster suggesting a wiki personal page - my idea was more to make something collaborative, that everyone could post suggestions in, so it feel that a forum post was more conductive to the purpose

I'm currently doing FV pirates and dogs, started at 32, which was a tad low, but now at 35 it's quite easy and still really decent xp - though it seems very populated at times.

I attempted the FM Giant fort at 32, and that was a bit low as well. the Zone to Loio in FM felt more safe, but hard to see with these trees everywhere.

I think I'm going to try OT soon as well, 35 might be a bit too low for reliable charming there

Ronie - 35 Enchanter <Harmony>

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions!

To the poster suggesting a wiki personal page - my idea was more to make something collaborative, that everyone could post suggestions in, so it feel that a forum post was more conductive to the purpose

I'm currently doing FV pirates and dogs, started at 32, which was a tad low, but now at 35 it's quite easy and still really decent xp - though it seems very populated at times.

I attempted the FM Giant fort at 32, and that was a bit low as well. the Zone to Loio in FM felt more safe, but hard to see with these trees everywhere.

I think I'm going to try OT soon as well, 35 might be a bit too low for reliable charming there

Ronie - 35 Enchanter <Harmony>

If you're going for blazing speed stick with FV till 41-42. Bar-none best xp for that level.

Dora
04-15-2014, 07:18 PM
I tried Splitpaw entrance area at 35, I didn't think it was that great - it was ok, but lots of green/light blue to deal with slowing down the process.
The giant fort in FM was pretty good 36-38, but as far as pure xp, nothing beats FV pirate area. I was getting tired of it though, so I did OT 39-40, it's not as easy pulls as FV, but I think the war braids turn in helped. Now 42, did some attempt in DL around KC last night, it was a bit risky - I'm thinking I'll head to the DL Giant Fort or yeti caves today to give it a try.

Ronie - 42 Enchanter - <Harmony>

fishingme
04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Curious, how would you guys compare FV to unrest basement/tower mobs in terms of xp?

Malone88
04-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I tried Splitpaw entrance area at 35, I didn't think it was that great - it was ok, but lots of green/light blue to deal with slowing down the process.

If you inviz past the first four mobs and set up camp in the little bedroom (safe spot), then there should only be one green/lb roamer to deal with.

Dora
04-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Experimented with a few new spots -

43-44 :
DL yeti caves.
Bouncers in Oggok (also drops that nice 15CHA offhand) + good money with 2 fine steel weapons on most guards
RM Hill Giants - Good money, but overcamped.

Ronie - 44 Enchanter <Harmony>

Lucah blight
04-17-2014, 01:29 PM
So most spots listed end at 40ish and start a few levels later, where would you go for lets say 40-44ish? or at least like 40-42

Dora
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I had some trouble finding spots between 40-42 as well. DL was a bit too rough alone, but I found a group or 2 to get me through.

my suggestions for 40-42, basically you want melee mobs level 34-36

DL Yeti caves should already be doable.
OT should be fine - might want to avoid tigers.
FV should still be good xp up to 41
FM Giant fort or on a ledge (have to go deeper in giant fort, to get craig's and brae, since the lower giants will be blue.
I haven't tried - but maybe HHK guards?

Ronie - 44 Enchanter <Harmony>

Malone88
04-17-2014, 07:45 PM
40-45
Can Charm Haze Golems at City of Mist entrance, if it's open.

maurilax
04-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Been using this thread and a couple others since 30ish. Lots of good info so thank you!

Copying this here (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191194&postcount=12) for a full strat on the unrest tower. Though at 35 its hard to tell how good the exp actually is because of the hell level. it seemed to work. Eventually I got frustrated with the roaming werewolf and kept having to trade c1 for heals to keep the camp going.

ended up duoing with a cleric in the basement for even better exp, but ill be going back as my solo spot till 39 I think.

Also did pirates with a cartographer pet both at 35 and 36. first with a necro then with a druid. I preferred the druid because they could pull and i could keep mana stable at 50-70 even with keeping up buffs pets and dealing with fear resists. I didnt bother using fear instead of chase the moon because it didnt last long enough even for a hasted DW pet to kill anything that wasnt light blue.
I think in about 90 mins we got 75% of a level. Im skeptical of anyone saying they get a level per hour here but it is still awesome and fun exp and some FS loot.

Other notes: I was able to be useful in a group at 30 in OT charming the small rhinos up to 34. because of the number of people there, soloing seems silly even if you dont have a lot of time. I suppose I could go back at 36+ and solo till 40 but im already sick of it.

Right now Im bound at the bank in FV. its generally pretty easy to get a port to BB either there or KC to go to unrest. Ill likely just keep switching back and forth to 40/41 then I think its DL/CoM/lguk

I think this has been answered already but is there any faction hit for the ogre guards or the nobles in HHK?

sorry for the rambling. Thanks

Dora
04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Faction hits for Oggok bouncers are Clurg and OggokGuards.

The interesting thing is, with benevolence and ogre illusion, even with OggokGuards as it's worse, you'll still only be dubious to them, so able to roam freely, and bank, since banker is on that faction. (Vendors are a different faction and will consider you kindly in ogre suit)

fishingme
04-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Unrest tower xp- okay, spawns every 6 or so minutes, did it in a hell level (35) kind of took awhile, ended up switching to basement past invis wall to get last 2 orange and it went pretty quick. Did basement throughout 36 went quick. Xp is slowing down quite a bit at 37 down there. Thinking of switching in favor of lguk, think it would be best to do it grouped at this level however.

maurilax
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
dont underestimate FV, did level 40 with necro partner in 5 hours and the next two levels in half that. it really is the best.

doing DL walls right now switching in oggok (42-44) when i get really bored. I tried lowerguk but didnt really like dealing with casters. With a partner its probably better.

Going to give com a shot tonight as im about to hit 45 and I hate soloing the hell levels.

fishingme
04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
dont underestimate FV, did level 40 with necro partner in 5 hours and the next two levels in half that. it really is the best.

doing DL walls right now switching in oggok (42-44) when i get really bored. I tried lowerguk but didnt really like dealing with casters. With a partner its probably better.

Going to give com a shot tonight as im about to hit 45 and I hate soloing the hell levels.

You're going to love CoM at 45, if you were to be lucky enough to get an empty zone, I strongly suggest soloing through 45. It will only take you a day, maybe two. Iirc, on my first enchanter here I ended up blowing through 45 in 6 or so hours, maybe less. I was holding down stables, golems, entrance, and most of temple.

halason
04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
I leveled to 56 in COM jumping to 2nd floor on Temple Flag. XP was great and nothing like being able to jump off the wall and exit if there is ever a problem. I suggest calming the mobs up top before jumping up and also being invs vs undead just in case. Also you feel like a bad ass popping clarity off on groups below.

maurilax
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Haha Nice, I have already come to enjoy COM very much, trioed with a war and cleric there this morning and did half of 45 in 2/3 hours i think.

As far as soloing, is it still root one, break pet and kill both here? I tend to like killing my pet first as trying to kill the rooted mob with my pet coming at me usually costs an extra spell to stop it.

Dora
05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
So being now 52, I experimented with a few more spots

DL is ok till 52, Ravish and some rager will still be DB, though they are getting hard to find. When the zone is empty though, the 2 in front of KC + roamer around are decent xp.

Burning Wood is very doable, I setup at the SF zone, pulls are a bit long, and the Sarnark Zealots are a pain.

I went to the Hole entrance as well, it's ok, but a bit of a pain. Lots of Lulling, and crit resist will send you runing for the zone.

At 50-51 the Spectral Keeper/Champions/Commanders in TT are good, There are ruins with some near the Swamp or the EJ zone. The EJ zone one seems safer. A lot will go LB at 52. Though Keepers are caster, with MR up, you'll resist most of their casts.

Tecmos Deception
05-05-2014, 05:00 PM
30-37: alligators in CT tunnels. Level 28-30ish monsters with a dungeon ZEM, and you'll rarely see other people down there (as far as I know). No loot... like literally no loot... but other than that it was great.

captnamazing
05-05-2014, 08:52 PM
i did all of 34-35 in the unrest basement

shit was fucking awesome

alexray87
05-10-2014, 01:16 AM
I've been doing Oasis from 18-20 and found it incredibly frustrating: it's crowded and there are dangerous things roaming everywhere. The highway spot mentioned in the original post has two roamers (ghoul and a mummy), and the beach was always packed with other players.

Perhaps someone knows a better spot for this range?

Tewaz
05-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Eastern Karana. Pull to guards, let them beat a mob down then charm, break charm and kill. Profit.

Splorf22
05-10-2014, 09:38 AM
If you don't want to do silly stuff like that, you can try Upper Guk. The Squire area should be pretty reasonable at that level.

maurilax
06-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Just because I love this thread and I am 55 and it doesnt seem to go higher than that.

Howling Stones 54+ Should be able to ride this out to 58-60 though the smart move is to go to Chardok for AOE whenever you can if your goal is to get to 60 asap

Read this thread, mainly the post by Tecmos (check out his videos too)
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120950

I did entrance yesterday and it was hard scary and fun. I agroed the east pather by sending in a pet to attack who took a weird path along the the platform

Also another note about CoM. at 54/55 I have started grabbing any cleric in the zone that is 39+ and just keeping a pet and letting them CH once in a while. I can keep the whole 2nd floor clear and I take ~80% cut of the exp and the Cleric is still doing more than a yellow per hour. Its a fair trade off and works out really nicely.

Tecmos Deception
06-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Damn. I did a serious writeup of HS in that thread, lol.

When I leveled another enchanter up on red, I actually went to HS at 52 to avoid the random wizard gankings in CoM. Entry was doable at 52, but I did get significantly more early charm breaks than at 54. I think I went into north at 54 and it was also doable. But I had the advantage of having done HS before so I had my methods down pat.

Enchanter+cleric duo is amazing for XP!

Tewaz
06-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Tecmos, so HS is possible at 52? I am on red also and 37. Planning to try some HS as soon as possible.

Tecmos Deception
06-06-2014, 09:41 PM
For sure. Just be extra careful of your and your pet's proximity to east pather, keep enemies rooted, and engage pairs of mobs from max distances possible so that if you get a charm break you can mez it before it gets to you and recharm without needing to stun or losing runes, etc.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Love to see more lower level charming spots if anyone has anymore great locations!

Thanks for the thread!

Manticmuse
06-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Wish I had thought of this leveling my chanter...but anyway I zoned into Droga to check chief camp and there was a low 40s enchanter soloing. Must have been a great spot bc I checked back later that day and he was 2 levels higher, and the next day he was 45+. Getting loot all the while.

Manticmuse
06-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Upper Guk --> Lower Guk/Kaesora --> Lower Guk/Droga --> Lower Guk...see a pattern here :)

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-20-2014, 07:44 AM
I am having slight issues with soloing inside.. Maybe I am just out of sorts but it's happening :p Anyone have any good places outside (room to run like hell when it hits the fan) for lvl's 24 to 30?

Thanks again in advance!
Utu

captnamazing
06-21-2014, 05:54 PM
I am having slight issues with soloing inside.. Maybe I am just out of sorts but it's happening :p Anyone have any good places outside (room to run like hell when it hits the fan) for lvl's 24 to 30?

Thanks again in advance!
Utu

You could probably do SK for this, and certainly LOIO.

Make sure for soloing you bring PLENTY of gems to buff yourself with Rune. Don't be stingy and let yourself die :P

Ando
06-21-2014, 06:04 PM
24-27 EK Crag spiders are great.

27-34 I did OOT Sisters, amazing money and good exp.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Alrighty! Spider thingy ho!!!!!

Frug
06-22-2014, 07:13 AM
24-27 EK Crag spiders are great.

Yes, and almost permacamped because of it (not as bad as Nybright sisters though).

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Alright! I'll see what's up now a days there. Will report back!

fishingme
06-23-2014, 10:20 AM

Thanks again in advance!
Utu

24-30 i switched between the blues in 1st room of unrest, MM pond (some of the time in a group), and 2nd floor fireplace in unrest. MM solo xp is 75% of a blue bubble per kill so it goes quite quickly.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Could someone post a guide on inside charm soloig? I think I am missing Somthing here.

Daldaen
06-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Charm mob
Pet Attack new mob
Root/Tash new mob
Invis self when pet or new mob are low on HP
Root pet + Refresh root on new mob
Use Choke to finish low HP mobs, nukes to finish 10-20% HP mobs. Higher than that, charm a new mob
Repeat.

There's some variance and whatnot, but the goal is to have 2 mobs fight it out and then break charm when both are Low HP so that you may nuke them to death for full EXP. This is why finding camps with mobs that are equal footing/power is great. Cause having one mob at 80% and the other at 10% is lame. You have to break, root the 80%, kill the 10% and recharm 80 to find a new mob.

I'm sure there are better guides than this though.

Tecmos Deception
06-23-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't like using dots to finish mobs off. It can break the root with the upfront damage and then you'll be using more mana to root the mob again while the dot kills. Might as well just pick the right-sized nuke to finish the job without too much overkill.

I would always make use of the variety of slow spells we get to try to keep mobs even-ish on HP even if they aren't the same level. Between languid pace and tepid deeds, cast somewhere between the start of the fight and halfway through the fight, you can get any mobs within ~5 levels of each other down to <10% at the same time to finish them off easily. Knowing the levels of different names of mobs, or watching for max hits to see what level they are, is very helpful for this kind of thing, of course. The sooner you know what spell you need to use the less mana you will need to spend keeping mobs even and finishing them off for full xp without slowing down your overall pace... although if you get a really tough mob it isn't a bad method to use two weaker ones on him and get full xp for the three without messing around with slows, that just doesn't happen all that often really.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Great advise all! I'll try to implement these stratagys today! This will be for inside too. :)

Dillian
06-23-2014, 12:21 PM
In FV for great exp get a druid to ensnare pirates and drovalgs and spamcast flame lick like 3 or 4 times on each one he snares have charmed pirate BS the hell out of them. rinse, repeat Low mana consumption

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
What level are the pirates?

planarity
06-23-2014, 12:41 PM
break charm with taper enchantment: it costs less mana and you have the mob targetted instead of yourself when it breaks, in case you need to root it or whatever.

click an instaclick after taper hits to be able to root almost instantly

Dillian
06-23-2014, 12:51 PM
What level are the pirates?

pirates should be white or DB at level 29 30 if i remember right

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Pirates are 28-32. More consistent to just ensnare + fear and chain pull them.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Gotha. After the spiders I'll investigate.

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh. Last thing.
I know taper enchantment is a great way to break charm. Now, I did spend hours on the Courier and got his ring. I wonder if there is a macro I could use to retarget the old pet faster.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-23-2014, 08:32 PM
F1+ f1

Utumen Au'Dyre
06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
After he breaks charm is what I men't.

Tecmos Deception
06-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Assign a key to "switch between last two targets" and learn to love that key.

I use ` for it and it is probably the key I press more than anything else (except maybe my goblin earring key for refreshing gems I guess) when playing my chanter.

dolphy
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for 55+ besides Howling Stones?

Tewaz
06-26-2014, 12:02 PM
About to hit 52 on my red enchanter. I want to start stretching myself to prepare for soloing in HS. Any recommended warmup spots? I am thinking I will check out some of the Kunark money camps like EoE, CoS, Xalgoz, and try to make it down to Frenzy. Exp comes so fast that I want to make sure my skill level is ready before hitting 60. I feel some old school camps at 52 will help me prepare.

halason
06-27-2014, 08:12 PM
COM was always my favorite to solo till 56, but on Red I hear its pretty dangerous to go alone.

Sulfurian
06-30-2014, 11:20 AM
"25-28
Saw a bunch of Iksar Exile in the tunnel from Swamp to TT - seems like it would have been a good spot, but haven't tried it."

I am currently leveling my chanter on this spot , it's a great spot , leveled 25-29 there in a week-end, everything is still blue , so it's probably still good till 30.

Dora
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
I haven't played my Ench in a while, Ronie's still 52, but I'm glad this post is still serving a purpose! I'll update the main post

Utumen Au'Dyre
07-03-2014, 01:34 PM
"25-28
Saw a bunch of Iksar Exile in the tunnel from Swamp to TT - seems like it would have been a good spot, but haven't tried it."

I am currently leveling my chanter on this spot , it's a great spot , leveled 25-29 there in a week-end, everything is still blue , so it's probably still good till 30.

Hey! Just trying this spot now. Man, you can get into serious trouble if charm breaks and you can't swim for shiza!

Good spot though!

iruinedyourday
07-10-2014, 09:02 PM
I just asked this question yesterday in server chat and got some good info in there and discovered your thread here today, Dora.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157134&page=4

As an offshoot there is some sweet info! I will post in here from now on though.

perogi
07-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Anything for lower levels other than the permacamped sisters?? 16-24?

Thanks!

iruinedyourday
07-20-2014, 10:26 PM
i did befallen 15-20 but it was very difficult.

Fiyero
07-20-2014, 10:33 PM
20-25ish seems a tough range. People have suggested Gorge hounds, but wasn't a fan. The Gorge zone is such a long run away, if you get in trouble you'll never make it without sow. And there was a Griffawn that kept getting in the way.

kruptcy
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Can we add FM giant fort from 34-40, great exp, fast repop, very safe. I would charm a craig, give it augmentation, break charm, root it, and send tumps in. After about 6 or 7 pet kills you can finish the craig and start the cycle over.

Tewaz
07-27-2014, 02:40 PM
For levels 51, 52, and 53, I just did the moat in the back of CoM when I couldn't get a group. This is on red, as I am sure it is much more camped on blue.

I would grab a ghost, give him a torch, toss on haste, and watch him melt faces. I would pull a mob, root, and use the 100 mana slow (tepid deeds I think?) on the mob. He could usually make it all the way around before I would release him to refill his hp by using mesmerize on him until it mind wiped.

On red you get a large exp bonus for each additional group member, so I would add anyone. A bard was great because I could /duel him and theft of thought his mana (if OOR). I even finished out with a warrior that would fight every other mob because we had no heals.

Hopefully I am done soloing for a bit, but if not, I will try the goos on the cloud bridge, in the goo house, the two goos in the one house chilling solo and then the ramparts.

P.S. Anyone got a lead on Clarity 2 on red? :)

Arcadus
08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Anyone else have a recommendation for 18-24ish? I am in unrest right now but it is very tricky. I had one guildie mention upper guk spiders but my 14 cleric duo partner wants to stay in Unrest till 35ish. Is there anywhere on Faydwer i can solo while he isnt online? I look at Castle Mistmoore but i think im too low.

Tewaz
08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Anyone else have a recommendation for 18-24ish? I am in unrest right now but it is very tricky. I had one guildie mention upper guk spiders but my 14 cleric duo partner wants to stay in Unrest till 35ish. Is there anywhere on Faydwer i can solo while he isnt online? I look at Castle Mistmoore but i think im too low.

Go to EK. Have the cleric pull a mob to the guards at a farm. Start casting charm on the mob when it hits like 40% hp. Try to land charm it when it is below 10% health. Move it away from the guards, break charm, nuke and kill.

I did like 19-23 doing this.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-06-2014, 05:23 PM
If you're not using your pet to fight an enemy you have to double the amount of charms cast per kill. Having the guards kill for you is nice but it means you're charming for every kill rather than every second one (enemy and pet).

Priceline
08-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Go to EK. Have the cleric pull a mob to the guards at a farm. Start casting charm on the mob when it hits like 40% hp. Try to land charm it when it is below 10% health. Move it away from the guards, break charm, nuke and kill.

I did like 19-23 doing this.

you can actually start doing this at 16, the problem is the guards by the merchants double for 79 and can take any of those hounds/griffawns from 40% to 0% in a second. I tried doing this but eventually gave up, sometimes 1 in 10 mob pulls were a success.

Squire Wimbley by the bridge is another option but he likes to nuke and if he starts his bigger magic nuke before charm lands it will still land after you have a new pet.

Arcadus
08-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys however i was looking for something on faydwer as I said in my post. If my buddy signs on and wants to do unrest id like to be close. When he isnt on id like to charm solo.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Faydwer is terrible outside unrest for killing places. Dagnors cauldron is probably the only place. Find somewhere safe and kill undertow skeles. Watch out for aqua goblin bosons and tidal lords.

Good luck.

Daldaen
08-07-2014, 08:45 AM

Unrest is tricky around those levels because you really want 20-24 to do fireplace but at high teens main floor slows down a bit.

I suggest sticking it out on the main floor with charm, and moving up to fireplace once you are in low 20s. Especially with a cleric duoer.

Utilize AE Mez for tough breaks. Send pet, AE mez, and easily handle a room of 5. Just be sure to recast every 24s.

Arcadus
08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Awesome thanks guys!

perogi
08-12-2014, 02:21 PM
I would charm a craig, give it augmentation, break charm, root it, and send tumps in.

Not quite following what you are saying here - you charm a mob, haste it, break charm, root and then send another pet in to get owned?

Daldaen
08-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes.

Then you let your pet get destroyed, break charm at 5-10% and kill it with a nuke. Repeat.

perogi
08-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes.

Then you let your pet get destroyed, break charm at 5-10% and kill it with a nuke. Repeat.

Thanks for the response - makes total sense now!

dmorawski
08-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm going to check out the gnolls in South Karana and also Splitpaw, but any other suggestions for low 30s (I'm currently level 30)?

Gimp
08-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Here's where I went, starting at 30.

30-34ish: Grimalkins around windmill in LoIO.
34-45: The Overthere. Start small. Tigress and lower end chickens, sarnaks, rhinos, etc. before you move onto the bigger mobs.
45-50/51: TD Spirocs, SolB bats, CoM Moat. CoM Moat is incredible exp solo or duo with a cleric. There's a certain science to it that has to be seen. I can show you how to do this camp if you send me a tell sometime.
51-55: SolB bats/bugs, Upper floors in CoM.
55-58/59: Howling Stones Basement/North. Again, duo with a cleric here is the ideal situation, but I also did tons of solo. If you have a Druid friend, Perma pits is also excellent exp and very easy.
58-60: Chardok breh

If you ever have questions or need help, I'm more than happy to help.

-Gimpster

iruinedyourday
08-12-2014, 11:45 PM
post makes me super curious what the science is 8|

Man0warr
08-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Best exp 45-51 is still charm killing the pairs of Bloodgills in Lake of Ill Omen - think I did 6 levels in 12-14 hours over a weekend there.

lyyfeleech
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
One of the rough level ranges it seems is 20-24. Unrest would be great, but SO overcamped. I found the Squire room in uguk to be awesome and pretty ez. Squire room has 2 spawns on a 16.5 min spawn timer and a lower level roamer that will not agro unless sitting at 20. Room next to squire room has 3 spawns. AE mezz and take those out. If you need more mobs down the ramp from squire room are also 3-4 more blue cons. I did 20-24 here in no time.

dmorawski
08-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes.

Why do this, rather than charming a pet, giving it aug, and killing things with it?

Fiyero
08-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Why do this, rather than charming a pet, giving it aug, and killing things with it?

Pet steals 50% of experience when solo. So breaking pet and killing both mobs gives you double XP with no penalty.

Daldaen
08-21-2014, 12:03 PM

If you get your pet hasted, and let it destroy, you get 50% of the exp per mob. It is less controlled (you can't keep your pet rooted like you can with the beastmode blender mob.) Charm breaks are less dangerous since your pet has no DW, no buffs, no haste.

That's solely the "maximize EXP while soloing" method.

Charm mob, (call him Blendermob) give dual wielding capabalities, long duration haste, break and root.
Charm mobs 1-5, send on Blendermob. Break when each is low, and nuke for full exp.
Keep Blendermob tashed and rooted
If Blendermob is getting low on HP, use Mesmerize and backup to let it regen to full. Then repeat sending pets at him.

Repeat til 58. Then Chardoks.

Fiyero
08-21-2014, 02:37 PM
If you get your pet hasted, and let it destroy, you get 50% of the exp per mob. It is less controlled (you can't keep your pet rooted like you can with the beastmode blender mob.) Charm breaks are less dangerous since your pet has no DW, no buffs, no haste.

That's solely the "maximize EXP while soloing" method.

Charm mob, (call him Blendermob) give dual wielding capabalities, long duration haste, break and root.
Charm mobs 1-5, send on Blendermob. Break when each is low, and nuke for full exp.
If Blendermob is getting low on HP, use Mesmerize and backup to let it regen to full. Then repeat sending pets at him.

Do you like this method better than the charm one attack another, break and kill both when below 10% method?

kruptcy
08-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Do you like this method better than the charm one attack another, break and kill both when below 10% method?

It's certainly a lot safer, I greatly prefer it over traditional charming.

dmorawski
08-21-2014, 03:15 PM

Amazing! Thanks! How long is are the FM giants good for with this method? And where's the spot to go and blendermob afterwards?

kruptcy
08-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Amazing! Thanks! How long is are the FM giants good for with this method? And where's the spot to go and blendermob afterwards?

I'd leave around 39, past that hillocks are all green and tumps are more green than blue. I haven't found a spot post-39 that I like as much :( aside from maybe CoM moat when i can get it uncamped.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd leave around 39, past that hillocks are all green and tumps are more green than blue. I haven't found a spot post-39 that I like as much :( aside from maybe CoM moat when i can get it uncamped.

FV pirates killing Drolvargs till like 44. Shits insane

kruptcy
08-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately I'm a bit past that level range :( Stuck in the Go-to-Karnors phase (which I hate) or Convince-a-group-to-come-to-the-hole-with-me phase (which is extremely hard to do)

iruinedyourday
08-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately I'm a bit past that level range :( Stuck in the Go-to-Karnors phase (which I hate) or Convince-a-group-to-come-to-the-hole-with-me phase (which is extremely hard to do)

Try convincing a cleric or shaman only youll be fine with just one of those two :) and its much easier to convince 1 person than 5 :D

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Try convincing a cleric or shaman only youll be fine with just one of those two :) and its much easier to convince 1 person than 5 :D

Tewaz
08-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Kruptcy about to enter that "solo HS phase".

The best phase.

Gimp
08-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Make a cleric friend, move to HS around 54.

Profit.

Man0warr
08-22-2014, 11:44 AM
HS duo/trio 54-58 is probably the fastest exp, but Disco in Seb with a good group is really good too. Once you hit 58 you can do Chardok for the final 2 levels.

HS solo was too butthole clenching as an Ench.

Tewaz
08-22-2014, 01:17 PM
^^ Make those muscles strong.

Fiyero
08-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Any other suggestions at level 30? Mistmoore is so overcamped soloing there is impossible. Even getting groups is tough competing with the 5 other enchanters LFG.

Gimp
08-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Anywhere with dblue mobs. FM? SolA? LoIO Windmill?

Tewaz
08-23-2014, 03:20 PM
At 30 you could solo Gnolls in SK and possibly inside Splitpaw. Splitpaw has an insane ZEM and FS for days.

Bind at the Aviak vendor and make some money.

Clark
08-23-2014, 09:31 PM
High keep guards 29-40.

dmorawski
09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
FV pirates killing Drolvargs till like 44. Shits insane
Which pirates and which drolvargs? My pirate got beat up. Also wasn't sure where to do this without a million drolvargs pathing me. And are you having your charmed mob do all the work? Or are you breaking charm right before they kill the mob in question and then doing 2 kills? I'd love to follow your tip but could use more info!

Crawdad
09-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Which pirates and which drolvargs? My pirate got beat up. Also wasn't sure where to do this without a million drolvargs pathing me. And are you having your charmed mob do all the work? Or are you breaking charm right before they kill the mob in question and then doing 2 kills? I'd love to follow your tip but could use more info!

You want to be fighting on the "Ledge" in FV.

http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Map_firionavie.jpg

If you look at "A" (Or Swamp of No Hope zone-line) on the map and draw a line straight down to the coast, that's where you should be fighting. You'll know you're in the right spot if you see Tracker Azeal kneeling near a boulder at night, and probably a few corpses too. Set up shop somewhere along the ledge, making sure you pull mobs at least Azeal-distance to the ledge. It's somewhat common for a roaming froglok shaman or goblin caster to speed by that will hurt if aggro'd.

I think its said a few times in this thread, but if you're solo exping you always* want to break charm and kill both mobs for Exp. I usually have them wail on one another until 4-5% then break, which will let a single Choke kill most of them.

You want to be hunting Pirates, Pirate Destroyers, Pirate Cartographers, and Drolvarg Snarlers, Growlers and Savages. They range from 26 (Pirate Cartographer) through 36 (Pirate Destroyer). Drolvargs have much more HP than Pirates, but average higher level than most Pirates. I would sometimes need two pirates per drolvarg. Pirates usually have NoDrop Fine Steel Rapiers, but also carry racial meat/blood and normal Fine Steel weapons. Drolvargs drop canines and Rusty weapons.

Duoing with a Druid or Necro will be quicker and less downtime (from little to none). While normal Pirates seem to be either warrior or rogue, Pirate Cartographers are Always rogues and backstab for (If I remember correctly) ~170dmg. Give one a torch and you have a pretty good blender to follow your aggro-kiting partner around.

*The only instance I can think of are those "I'm-almost-OOM-and-this-could-get-hairy-but-I-want-Some-Exp" moments.

Tecmos Deception
09-06-2014, 09:07 AM
HS solo was too butthole clenching as an Ench.

Lol :)

dmorawski
09-06-2014, 12:50 PM
You want to be fighting on the "Ledge" in FV.

http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Map_firionavie.jpg

If you look at "A" (Or Swamp of No Hope zone-line) on the map and draw a line straight down to the coast, that's where you should be fighting. You'll know you're in the right spot if you see Tracker Azeal kneeling near a boulder at night, and probably a few corpses too. Set up shop somewhere along the ledge, making sure you pull mobs at least Azeal-distance to the ledge. It's somewhat common for a roaming froglok shaman or goblin caster to speed by that will hurt if aggro'd.

I think its said a few times in this thread, but if you're solo exping you always* want to break charm and kill both mobs for Exp. I usually have them wail on one another until 4-5% then break, which will let a single Choke kill most of them.

You want to be hunting Pirates, Pirate Destroyers, Pirate Cartographers, and Drolvarg Snarlers, Growlers and Savages. They range from 26 (Pirate Cartographer) through 36 (Pirate Destroyer). Drolvargs have much more HP than Pirates, but average higher level than most Pirates. I would sometimes need two pirates per drolvarg. Pirates usually have NoDrop Fine Steel Rapiers, but also carry racial meat/blood and normal Fine Steel weapons. Drolvargs drop canines and Rusty weapons.

Duoing with a Druid or Necro will be quicker and less downtime (from little to none). While normal Pirates seem to be either warrior or rogue, Pirate Cartographers are Always rogues and backstab for (If I remember correctly) ~170dmg. Give one a torch and you have a pretty good blender to follow your aggro-kiting partner around.

*The only instance I can think of are those "I'm-almost-OOM-and-this-could-get-hairy-but-I-want-Some-Exp" moments.
This is super helpful. Thanks - looking forward to trying this today!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Nah.

Find a Druid/necro/ranger. Basically anyone that can snare. Charm, haste and weaponize your pirate cartographer. Start with the low one first (hits for 62ish and backstabs for 186 I think).

You head off into yonder and chain pull using tash. Bring back to tracker Azeal and fear. Usually if you bring then that far back they don't tend to book-it once feared. They'll kind of just run in circles. If you have sow (which is a must) you should be able to get max distance during this time and have a successful fear land. I always kept my two fears up in case one failed. With a weaponized pet, just fear it, have your partner snare and go bananas.

Figure out your pulling situation as you see fit. Sometimes it's good to have your partner pull, just make sure they're doing so at a good speed - gotta make use of that charm. And for god sakes, don't pull with snare.

I tried soloing here but it was painful due to the enormous level and hp discrepancy within the available mobs. Trying to have then fight eachother was laughable.

Something'Witty
09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
One of the best pets I ever used on p99 was Slixin Klex (http://wiki.project1999.com/Slixin_Klex). He wrecks the giants at the BW fort.

dmorawski
09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Nah.

Find a Druid/necro/ranger. Basically anyone that can snare. Charm, haste and weaponize your pirate cartographer. Start with the low one first (hits for 62ish and backstabs for 186 I think).

You head off into yonder and chain pull using tash. Bring back to tracker Azeal and fear. Usually if you bring then that far back they don't tend to book-it once feared. They'll kind of just run in circles. If you have sow (which is a must) you should be able to get max distance during this time and have a successful fear land. I always kept my two fears up in case one failed. With a weaponized pet, just fear it, have your partner snare and go bananas.

Figure out your pulling situation as you see fit. Sometimes it's good to have your partner pull, just make sure they're doing so at a good speed - gotta make use of that charm. And for god sakes, don't pull with snare.

I tried soloing here but it was painful due to the enormous level and hp discrepancy within the available mobs. Trying to have then fight eachother was laughable.
Thanks for the tips. I'm doing this now and it's pretty sweet: quick kills with chain pulling and low mana consumption. I should've been fear-kiting my whole life, apparently.

I think someone here mentioned spectres for 39-44. Any advice on this? I'm assuming this person meant the spectres in South Ro. Are some of them casters? What's the strategy?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Spectres are easy. They don't nuke but they will lifetap which can make it hard if you're trying to maintain low hp on your pet before the break. Spectres are often camped on blue at all camps with the exception of oot.

Fear kiting is great. I did DL after FV and simply fear kited using a non-backstabbing Drolvarg. I've heard spirocs in TD are pretty awesome as well. The provens are rogues and should do some major damage all the way through 52 or so.

dmorawski
09-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Fear kiting is great. I did DL after FV and simply fear kited using a non-backstabbing Drolvarg. I've heard spirocs in TD are pretty awesome as well. The provens are rogues and should do some major damage all the way through 52 or so.
Is fear-kiting without a snaring class possible? Or does it make it too hard for the pet to hit?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Is fear-kiting without a snaring class possible? Or does it make it too hard for the pet to hit?

No, they slow down by about 20% so it's perfectly possible. The downside is that they'll often run in a straight line DIRECTLY into another mob causing you to have to babysit them and their adds. If you play it smart you can follow them around and just L4 mezz the potential adds or calm them beforehand. The downside of course is any time spent babysitting your mob is time spent NOT medding.

Ymmv. I've done it without snare but it is much riskier and more challenging.

papercolor
09-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Me and my Monk friend did FV. He would spam instill doubt and it would often catch the mob after fear. The Drolvargs were dropping really really fast. I died 3 times though due to no sow :(

kruptcy
09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Me and my Monk friend did FV. He would spam instill doubt and it would often catch the mob after fear. The Drolvargs were dropping really really fast. I died 3 times though due to no sow :(

With a monk partner it is probably best to just slow the mobs and let him tank, facing the mobs away from your rogue pet. He should be fine with mend and bind wound.