PDA

View Full Version : Leveling zones for solo necro

Pyrocat
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
I've never played a necro past the teens before so I'm wondering what areas to hit? Currently lvl 27.

littlebobby3
04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Warslisk woods giant fort until 30 maybe 31 if u wanna ... Then wall guards in misty thicket from 30-40 or so then I like the oasis specs but feerrott is better exp if the camp is open

Potus
04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Don't kill the Misty Thicket guards. They have insane druid buffs and a level 50 npc that assists them.

It's not classic.

Level 27 you should be murdering all the sister island prudes.

Quineloe
04-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I like fear kiting undead with my necro. It's pretty noticable that spook the dead is only 10 mana.

littlebobby3
04-07-2014, 12:24 AM
There are safe spots on the wall ... Follow the wall all the way south and stay near the tree and pull to there you will be fine fear kiting. After you lvl some u can move on the other side of the wall and pull the ones at the gate ent. The Druid only ever came after me once and it was great exp.

Plus 10-12pp a kill granted u need to run to WC to sell.

Potus
04-07-2014, 12:32 AM
I like fear kiting undead with my necro. It's pretty noticable that spook the dead is only 10 mana.

Spook the Dead kiting is always great.

I don't know how packed Unrest is on blue, but at 27 you can fear kite absolutely everything with it by pulling outside.

Victorio
04-07-2014, 09:31 AM
At 27 you can kill the treants in SK. Good xp and great loot until 31-32.

Quineloe
04-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Spook the Dead kiting is always great.

I don't know how packed Unrest is on blue, but at 27 you can fear kite absolutely everything with it by pulling outside.

Root rot with hungry earth in unrest is pretty great as well, you can get single pulls easily on both floors and the exp per kill is pretty great due to the insane ZEM.

loramin
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Those are some good suggestions; if you want more check out the:

Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide)

baalzy
04-07-2014, 01:54 PM
At 27 you can kill the treants in SK. Good xp and great loot until 31-32.

This will remain good xp (for how freaking easy it is 29+) until level 34. You could probably go all the way through to 35 at this camp but it would get really boring. Shock of Poison does about 30% of an unbuffed treants health if unresisted.

Just fear the treants right off the bat (don't bother snaring, after breaking the buffed spawns). Hit them with 2 Shocks & A Siphon Life (the 75dmg lifetap) and let your pet finish the work.

You can also do gnolls near Split Paw or Avocets/Harriers around KFC (though it gets more and more difficult to find them and you have to start killing greens to get higher ones to pop again).

You can also do the skulking brutes in the cave outside Dalnirs in Warsliks Woods if you want to stay in Kunark.

Pyrocat
04-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Those are some good suggestions; if you want more check out the:

Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide)

This is great, but I was hoping for something more necro specific, since we get all these cool spells. Unrest, Warsliks, and Treants all sound appealing. I'll probably try them all out.

What about 35+?

baalzy
04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
34 you can do the druids at the ring in WC (theres also a pillar in EC with 2 druids). You can start them earlier but it'll be a lot easier at 34. Decent loot (pretty sure they should dual-wield a lot more often than they do) and a constant stream of high levels to beg chloro / SLN from. Hit 1 with fear while sending your pet after the other. Pull your pet back and then snare+fear it. Then feign death to clear agro on the first one. SHould be pretty easy, especially once the spawn is broken. There are also the roadblock guards in WC if the druids are taken. Same level, but they're warriors with higher HP and not as good of loot.

You can also do the halfling guards in Misty Thicket at the Wall, just gotta be careful of Ella Foodcrafter but if you sit far off to the sides you can do it.

At 39 you can move inside Rivervale and do the guards there, I know I used to be able to successfully fear kite using 'Fear' (not invoke fear, they'll run too far you want them to walk away and then come back) + Dooming Darkness in there and there are enough spawns that even with the long repop you should always have a target.

At 39 you could also move to LOIO & do the bloodgills, you'll just need breathe of the dead and a bunch of fish scales. I stayed in Rivervale until 44 because the money was so good (being a gnome I was able to do the bandages quest to max out my faction and just re-do it every so often to keep faction high enough to sell in-zone).

Malone88
04-09-2014, 12:47 PM
35+ you can also go to OT.

Fear kite or just aggro kite (cast snare and let mob chase you) near the
FM zone line. Plenty of mobs. Can turn in berzerker whips for
bonus XP and work your faction up to get OT hammer if you don't
want to pay for it.

Can also duo with rogue/monk or other casters like Mage/Druid/Enchanter.