PDA

View Full Version : My characters run ALOT slower than everyone else

Houndstooth316
04-05-2014, 08:43 AM
This is no an encumbered or have walk "toggled" on. I have no idea what this is, my friends have been trying to help me. So yeah when i run in this game it looks like im "rubber banding" backwards. If people run next to me they are clearly twice as fast as me. It is not just this server because we tried it with other people on the Vengeful soloist server. I have great MS at all times always 38-50ish. mY Internet connection is fantastic, computers not old or something. Graphics card is new.

We tried running p99 in single core processor opposed to dual, because someone heard it was better. It didnt help. Dont know what to do. I could never play a bard! And sometimes when im running from mobs and i die i think hmm what if i didnt run so slow!

thx

myxomatosii
04-05-2014, 08:46 AM
This is no an encumbered or have walk "toggled" on. I have no idea what this is, my friends have been trying to help me. So yeah when i run in this game it looks like im "rubber banding" backwards. If people run next to me they are clearly twice as fast as me. It is not just this server because we tried it with other people on the Vengeful soloist server. I have great MS at all times always 38-50ish. mY Internet connection is fantastic, computers not old or something. Graphics card is new.

We tried running p99 in single core processor opposed to dual, because someone heard it was better. It didnt help. Dont know what to do. I could never play a bard! And sometimes when im running from mobs and i die i think hmm what if i didnt run so slow!

thx

Do you know about processor affinity issues? Might be a place to start.

Tasslehofp99
04-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Someone else started a thread with the same issue maybe a year ago? If you search for it, you should find some help/advice maybe.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, but I've definitely atleast heard of some people with this issue before.

Houndstooth316
04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Do you know about processor affinity issues? Might be a place to start.

i dont know shit about computers. but ill look into it.

ps: tasslehoff - that might be the most hilarious sig ive ever seen. +1

blondeattk
04-05-2014, 01:08 PM
too many jaffa cakes ....

Houndstooth316
04-08-2014, 12:25 AM
so im not sure what to do. i hang with alot of tech kids on TS and no one can help me.

sanforce
04-08-2014, 05:08 PM
try playing using wineq (http://www.lavishsoft.com/). It fixed some of my issue, might be able to help you with yours too.

I purchased my version of WinEQ2 long ago, but there might be a way to get it for free (not really sure).

Lyra
04-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Here are instructions how to obtain WinEQ2 Free:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139727&highlight=WinEQ2

mrmop520
04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Same issue here, you will have to set EQ to run on one processor core instead of dual or quad. Can be done in msconfig using start->run->msconfig, however you have to restart your computer to change it back to dual core or quad core. There is a way to make just the EQ program run on one core, but its beyond my skills.

pharmakos
04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
this happens to me. the only fix i've come up with is to turn the sky off in the options menu. turning the sky off gets rid of all framerate/runspeed issues. the world sure does look uglier, though. =/

oh sky off messes with lighting outdoors, too. sometimes you have to turn sky on for a sec to get the light levels to what they should be.

Shamalam
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Set frame rate to 60hz? I was having weird lag issues before I did that.

Some people also said turning off the sky can help. I think you can do that from the display options?