PDA

View Full Version : Soulbinders Needed

SamwiseRed
04-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I've said this since the beginning, soul binders are needed with this kind of population. I do not box nor do I beg people to come bind my melees. Many times I have to log because I cannot get bound. In fact, the whole reason I rolled a Druid is because I couldnt get my warrior bound in gfay for 2 days straight. I think this would be a great change to help the truely new players. It is stupid to be completely dependent on someone to bind you. I don't bitch about taking the boat everywhere but cmon, no bind means one hell of a CR if anything goes wrong.

Enable soulbinders, I do not give a shit if its classic or not.

SamwiseRed
04-04-2014, 10:06 PM
naw not anymore but thanks pal.

SamwiseRed
04-04-2014, 10:09 PM
besides that would blow my cover. you know im sitting on about 30 alts. playing anonymous , untwinked, and low key is really entertaining for me but getting bound one of the biggest pain in the asses there is.

Rellapse40
04-04-2014, 10:12 PM
he will only bind u if his ht is up

pharmakos
04-04-2014, 10:16 PM
i might start playing red again if they put in soulbinders

Potus
04-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah we really do need soulbinders. Just put the Priest of Discord back in and have him soulbind.

JPMorgan
04-05-2014, 12:32 AM
As a new melee I would also love soulbinders.

Feniggles
04-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I've said this since the beginning, soul binders are needed with this kind of population. I do not box nor do I beg people to come bind my melees. Many times I have to log because I cannot get bound. In fact, the whole reason I rolled a Druid is because I couldnt get my warrior bound in gfay for 2 days straight. I think this would be a great change to help the truely new players. It is stupid to be completely dependent on someone to bind you. I don't bitch about taking the boat everywhere but cmon, no bind means one hell of a CR if anything goes wrong.

Enable soulbinders, I do not give a shit if its classic or not.

i agree with the great and noble samwise

Tassador
04-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Lol huge troll post I seriously doubt that not one shithead with bind, would help samwise out if he asked for bind.

Faerie
04-05-2014, 12:17 PM
i might start playing red again if they put in soulbinders

Lol, what?

Guys all you gotta do is ask. If you're under 10 and can't ooc, send a tell to a player at random asking if they will ooc for you.

Squire
04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Lol, what?

Guys all you gotta do is ask. If you're under 10 and can't ooc, send a tell to a player at random asking if they will ooc for you.

pharmakos
04-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Guys all you gotta do is ask

false. maybe if you're looking to get bound in freeport or gfay. pretty much any other city is incredibly hard to find a bind in. like samwise said, it can take hours or days if it ever does even happen. meanwhile you're a sitting duck and face a looong CR.

If you're under 10 and can't ooc, send a tell to a player at random asking if they will ooc for you.

made it to level 49 on my paladin before i quit.

Potus
04-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Lol, what?

Are you kidding? It was difficult to get a bind on live with 2000 players on, do you know how impossible it is on Red?

People wonder why no one plays on Red. It's stupid gameplay balance decisions like Soulbinders. It's fucking impossible to play a melee untwinked on this server. And then once you get to high level and get the pixel package you steamroll every other class. This silly catch-22 just reinforces that the only people who can play here are the people who have connections.

It makes the server EXTREMELY HOSTILE to new players starting on their own. It's why you see so many lowbie casters. It's why there are no groups. If you want to "fix" the server, put in soulbinders.

JayN
04-05-2014, 04:52 PM
close red or soulbinders please

Clark
04-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Isn't classic, but I don't see how it could really hurt.

SamwiseRed
04-05-2014, 05:27 PM
there are some things you can do without players. like instead of ports you can take the boat. however binding requires another player. its dumb. i've probably taken the boat more than most people on this server. i hardly EVER ask for a port. i dont like asking people to do shit because I know it can be annoying at times.

add soul binders, it changes nothing to the balance of the game. this allows new melees a chance to xp without worrying about a 2 hours cr.

Faerie
04-05-2014, 05:41 PM
You guys got problems. Lack of soulbinders gives us more reason and opportunity to interact with each other.

If anyone here ever needs a bind and is too scared to ask for help in ooc, just PM me. I'll hop on and run to Qeynos or FoB just for you.

Faerie
04-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I like you Sam, but if you're not willing to ask for help sometimes it doesn't mean the game has a design flaw. It's a personal problem. This is EQ and you're not supposed to be self-sufficient on a melee.

SamwiseRed
04-05-2014, 05:47 PM
i would consider it a design flaw, hence why they added in soul binders in luclin. soulbinders and newbie armor quests were actually good improvements unlike many other of their changes.

SamwiseRed
04-05-2014, 05:48 PM
why have boats then? melees should be dependent on porters to transverse the seas of Norrath using that logic.

Faerie
04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
why have boats then? melees should be dependent on porters to transverse the seas of Norrath using that logic.

Any muggle can man a ship with the right training. You're talking about matters of the soul here. Apples to holy oranges.

SamwiseRed
04-05-2014, 05:57 PM
npcs too dumb to bind? i would think a level 70 wizard GM would master the art of soul binding seeing as how a novice player wizard can at level 12.

Faerie
04-05-2014, 06:00 PM
You'd trust an NPC with your immortal soul? :(

SamwiseRed
04-05-2014, 06:09 PM
i trust npc more than i do pcs thats for sure :)

Zoolander
04-05-2014, 10:13 PM
whats next? take out boats and use translocators?

not classic

Kazi
04-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Is asking for a bind really a community building exercise? I don't know if this is an urgent matter that's holding red back from server growth (it's not and we all know what is), but get a grip guys and Faerie.

pharmakos
04-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Is asking for a bind really a community building exercise?

good question

the answer is "no," of course

you see the person for 30 seconds

group exp bonus was a good idea (and not classic for this era)

soulbinders plz.

Cid
04-06-2014, 04:44 PM
I've asked for them to put in soulbinders a few times and nothing comes of it. Don't expect anything to occur unless you enjoy disappointment.

On another note, if anyone needs a bind please send me a tell if I am on. My characters are all listed in my signature and are all bound at the firepots, except the wizard, and can be in any city except for Qeynos in moments. Even Qeynos is a short run from Halas.
I'll most likely buff you as well and if you are really a new player I will give you what gear I can and some pp for spells. (Please don't pretend to be new if you aren't, you will only be hurting other new players who could use the stuff.)

Do not hesitate to ask. I truly enjoy helping people and I am never bothered by a request for assistance. My assistance is always free and willingly provided.