PDA

View Full Version : My fears of putting in some time on red

Vharvest
04-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Hey, guys. First post here, but I've been lurking around for a long time. I just completed a 6 month grind out of bronze in to platinum in ranked League of Legends, but I feel like I've plateaued and playing at a high level every single night is difficult to do without pulling yourself away from it now and then.

So, since I played EQ for 10 years from classic all the way to Omens, I figured I would jump in to blue and give it a try. I played WoW and had tons of server firsts in AQ40/BC/Sunwell, then one day I was thinking "Wow, this shit is so easy. Compared to 10 second complete heal rotations and 120 man raids in plane of time, this is pathetic. I'm quitting MMO's forever because nothing will ever compare to the challenge of EverQuest."

But, since I can play here when EQ was literally at its "hardest" (and most rewarding, imo), I decided to do just that. I have a cleric on blue because I knew I could get groups, but I've discovered that playing against PvE content is nostalgic, but lacks something.

I used to rock a bard on Sullon Zek, and I want to play on red. However, I don't want to put in 6 hours of grinding a night without a guild. I know talk is cheap, but I am willing to put in some serious effort with some assistance. I am not asking for handouts..... but to make a character, get invited to a guild, possibly even talk to someone on Vent or Skype so they can get to know me, whatever.

If I could literally just get a fine steel weapon and a few pieces of banded, and maybe a backpack. If someone wants to level alongside me, that would be excellent. I know red is nearly dead, but it's not completely dead.

Also, from lurking these threads, I just want to say that Colgate is my hero.

If you would be interested in having a new player who is very competitive and willing to PvP 99% of the time, please respond and hit me up.

It would bring me much pleasure to kill someone from Nihilum three months from now, and to be a beast when Velious comes out.

Please help me fulfill my dreams!

daasgoot
04-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey, guys. First post here, but I've been lurking around for a long time. I just completed a 6 month grind out of bronze in to platinum in ranked League of Legends, but I feel like I've plateaued and playing at a high level every single night is difficult to do without pulling yourself away from it now and then.

So, since I played EQ for 10 years from classic all the way to Omens, I figured I would jump in to blue and give it a try. I played WoW and had tons of server firsts in AQ40/BC/Sunwell, then one day I was thinking "Wow, this shit is so easy. Compared to 10 second complete heal rotations and 120 man raids in plane of time, this is pathetic. I'm quitting MMO's forever because nothing will ever compare to the challenge of EverQuest."

But, since I can play here when EQ was literally at its "hardest" (and most rewarding, imo), I decided to do just that. I have a cleric on blue because I knew I could get groups, but I've discovered that playing against PvE content is nostalgic, but lacks something.

I used to rock a bard on Sullon Zek, and I want to play on red. However, I don't want to put in 6 hours of grinding a night without a guild. I know talk is cheap, but I am willing to put in some serious effort with some assistance. I am not asking for handouts..... but to make a character, get invited to a guild, possibly even talk to someone on Vent or Skype so they can get to know me, whatever.

If I could literally just get a fine steel weapon and a few pieces of banded, and maybe a backpack. If someone wants to level alongside me, that would be excellent. I know red is nearly dead, but it's not completely dead.

If you would be interested in having a new player who is very competitive and willing to PvP 99% of the time, please respond and hit me up.

It would bring me much pleasure to kill someone from Nihilum three months from now, and to be a beast when Velious comes out.

Please help me fulfill my dreams!

Dota 2 is better than LoL

kank
04-02-2014, 06:22 PM

:confused:

LulzSect
04-02-2014, 06:23 PM
9 DE CLR @ Kurn's Tower ATM

Welcome to Red no0blet.

Galacticus
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
What was the bards name?

Supaskillz
04-02-2014, 06:25 PM
You can trade what you have on blue for red. What you are asking for is basically nothing. You prolly could have played for a day and some random Person would give that much value without being asked or you could trade a stack of bone chips for it. Playing a group deodar class without some friends also jumping into red might be a challenge, but I imagine can get partners r trios in evenings

Tassador
04-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the server friend!

Fame
04-02-2014, 07:38 PM
see him in az soon clr/enc/wiz

Humerox
04-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Uprising is helping new players atm.

mtb tripper
04-02-2014, 07:44 PM
welcome to the server man

BrobbVZ
04-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Find me in game on Krazy or Wanyo, I'll help you out, get you in TS and get to feel you out, we always welcome dedicated players.

Azure
04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Dood if you rocked a bard on sullon u can rock any thing you want here. It's just a matter of time. But if you're a SZ'er your born for this server.

Kergan
04-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Who were you on SZ?

Magikarp
04-02-2014, 11:54 PM
im 19 mage with nothin gear, you may catch up to me cause im so slow

also red isnt dead. seen lots of new players this week. they've made it pretty clear we wont be wiped or anything, but the overall rules may (will) change in the near future

sprinkle16
04-03-2014, 10:02 PM
120 players in plane of time? not sure if serious or dumb

its instanced, cant have more then 1 raid.

also , no one gives a shit about your "Wow server firsts" You are a shitbag and will just quit in 2 weeks anyways.

NEXT

Bamz4l
04-03-2014, 10:23 PM
looks like it was changed into instance in 2005

iiNGloriouS
04-03-2014, 10:28 PM
120 players in plane of time? not sure if serious or dumb

its instanced, cant have more then 1 raid.

also , no one gives a shit about your "Wow server firsts" You are a shitbag and will just quit in 2 weeks anyways.

NEXT

And you should kill yourself.

Welcome aboard freshblood.