PDA

View Full Version : Importance of INT gear for a chanter?

Vandamwtc
04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
My inky chanter has about 196 CHA self buffed. One cast of beguile normally consumes almost a whole blue. My question is, is it worth sinking some cash into a separate set, or just pick a few pieces with CHA on them, and put some high INT items in. I would love to hear some high lvls opinions!

Exmo
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
get to 200 int and 200 cha. That's your first goal. So some balance is good, just depends on what your gear and budget look like. Make a gear profile on the wiki and post it, i'm sure people can chime in with obtainable upgrades.

Daldaen
04-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Basically just get 200+ CHA then as you get better CHA items you can drop the lower ones in favor of INT.

Fortunately their PoSky / PoHate pieces have a nice mix of both stats. So once you're 46+ it becomes a lot easier to get high INT.

Man0warr
04-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Focus on getting 200 CHA while leveling up, you won't really run out of mana if you charm battle/kite stuff since the mobs are doing most the damage you only have to throw in a couple nukes to finish both off after breaking charm.

As you get higher you get CHA buffs and gear with higher CHA you can start adding in more armor with a mix of INT/CHA or just INT.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-02-2014, 11:58 AM
The depth of your mana pool really only affects kills where the enemy will take the whole bar or some sort of time-important raid event.

If it doesn't consume the whole bar then you are on roughly the same footing as other enchanters with 200+ int (simplified).

At the very minimum get to 200 cha. The difference between sub-200 cha and 200+ cha is astonishing. As I've said in other threads, my high elf was 182 cha unbuffed and exactly 200 buffed. The difference in charm lengths was unreal. Even if I wasn't laying attention I would IMMEDIATELY know when my cha buff would drop because charms became that much more unpredictable.

Tl;DR version: stack cha to 200, balance thereafter

pasi
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
From the perspective of a min/max solo/duo enchanter. I don't usually group because there is not content difficult enough to necessitate a group. Also, it's far less exp/money. If you usually run full groups, ignore this.

The value for INT is incredibly low outside of AE groups. So, get a cheap INT set to throw on for AE groups.

Other than that, ignore INT.

Your 2 main stats are charisma and HP. You should not be trading either of these stats for INT unless it's an unreasonable amount for a minor gain in HP or charisma.

There's not many slots where a lot of +HP is available, so your best bet is to get the slots with a decent amount of +HP (rings/earrings/neck) then stack charisma.

The magical value for charisma is having capped charisma with your self buff. However, since you are using slots for pure HP, you probably won't hit this amount.

Additional Charisma's main value is in pacifying NPCs. At high levels, having the best chance at avoiding critical resists is the most important aspect of high charisma for an enchanter.

Vandamwtc
04-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Good advice, thanks for the feedback. I will put together one of those profiles and post it later on.

Nagash
04-02-2014, 01:59 PM
At least at low level, charm remains fairly reliable with 180 charisma. If this reduction of 16 cha allows you to get at least that in int, I would consider it worthwhile (remember you will get better and better cha buffs as you level).

Malone88
04-02-2014, 02:07 PM
From the perspective of a min/max solo/duo enchanter. I don't usually group because there is not content difficult enough to necessitate a group. Also, it's far less exp/money. If you usually run full groups, ignore this.

The value for INT is incredibly low outside of AE groups. So, get a cheap INT set to throw on for AE groups.

Other than that, ignore INT.

Your 2 main stats are charisma and HP. You should not be trading either of these stats for INT unless it's an unreasonable amount for a minor gain in HP or charisma.

There's not many slots where a lot of +HP is available, so your best bet is to get the slots with a decent amount of +HP (rings/earrings/neck) then stack charisma.

The magical value for charisma is having capped charisma with your self buff. However, since you are using slots for pure HP, you probably won't hit this amount.

Additional Charisma's main value is in pacifying NPCs. At high levels, having the best chance at avoiding critical resists is the most important aspect of high charisma for an enchanter.
+1
So much truth...

baalzy
04-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Int buys very little if you're not being reckless while soloing / non-aoe grouping.

Vandamwtc
04-02-2014, 07:19 PM
get to 200 int and 200 cha. That's your first goal. So some balance is good, just depends on what your gear and budget look like. Make a gear profile on the wiki and post it, i'm sure people can chime in with obtainable upgrades.

Here we go
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Magelo_Blue:Astos

fishingme
04-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Charisma to 200, then work on int gear. As you level your charisma buff starts getting more powerful, atart dropping charisma in favor of int. When you start raiding, raid gear gives great stats to int and cha so it will be much easier. Once at 200 with int, you can switch back to charisma for it will be more favorable with int soft capped