PDA

View Full Version : toxx

narielle
04-02-2014, 12:54 AM
30s lag in toxx after zoning in -> camped -> couldnt log on to server (unknown error)

hours later: 1 in 30 attempts successful -> disconnect (unsuccesful attempts -> login screen)

chars in other zones i tried work as usual.
made new char and ran him to toxx. worked fine. after logging out, however -> same problem

seem like something is wrong with toxx?

SyanideGas
04-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Just don't ever go to tox!

evilkorn
04-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Down for me since 11am EST

Still unable to log in to characters in that zone.

narielle
04-10-2014, 06:27 PM
i still encounter massive lag/disconnects/timeouts whenever i need to go to toxx..no one else?

Gwaine
04-14-2014, 04:03 PM
I Have been having a problem logging into the Feerot zone off oggok? Anyone else have the problem?

All my other characters in other zones work fine. The client starts to load the zone and gets about 40% through, then it just crashed to desktop.

Nisse
04-15-2014, 05:18 AM
I have this problem with certain zones, so far these are my primary problem areas. OT, DL, GFay, BB, Toxx, The Hole, FM, and Droga are what I am aware of at this time. Immersion levels are at an all time low.

nilbog
05-09-2014, 03:26 PM
To the people who have these particular problems:

What is your internet speed? What type of internet do you have? What company? Are you wired, or wireless?

When did this problem start happening?

Gwaine
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
In my case I am with Astound Cable. I have a 10MB connection. I am hard wired to my router. Never had the problem until I rolled up an ogre and tried to zone into Feerot.

I see now reason why the Internet provide would be an issue here. Most zones work fine. Even if the internet provide had some type of packet loss, the server should try the connection multiple times with the client.

If it was an ISP problem the problem would not be Zone specific. I have had Zero issues in other zone. I have traveled all around freeport and the surrounding lands, took a boat to BB and exped in Crushbone, again with Zero issues. No matter what I do I can not zone into Feerot. This must be something to do with the zone files, or the handshake between the server and client.

nilbog
05-09-2014, 04:09 PM
I see now reason why the Internet provide would be an issue here.

If it was an ISP problem the problem would not be Zone specific. This must be something to do with the zone files, or the handshake between the server and client.

Slower loading (outdoor?) zones, with a slow connection, is where I was going with the questions. The provider, specifically was to get as much information as I can. For example, recently people with verizon fios are having issues if zones boot with a certain port number.

Don't dismiss any data if it can help to build a bigger picture.

evilkorn
05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I think in my case it has to do with the port number after a server reset, at least that's what the GM that was helping me in game said because the problem jumped from toxx to nek after a reset.