PDA

View Full Version : Camping the AC as an enchanter.

Vandamwtc
04-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey guys. I have a 32 chanter, looking to get some new kicks. I killed the AC on my necro at lvl 30 by kiting. Enchanters solo ability is largely dependent, at least IMO, on their ability to charm mobs. To my knowledge there are no comparable lvl mobs I'm sro to charm. What I'm looking for is tips to take the guy down at 32. Two lvls higher than him.

Velerin
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Can't you just ghetto mage him with 29 pet? If you can land slow on him just chain summon as needed. You even got that DS you can pop on the pet.

Vandamwtc
04-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Can't you just ghetto mage him with 29 pet? If you can land slow on him just chain summon as needed. You even got that DS you can pop on the pet.

Good point. I rarely use summoned pets, I'm not too sure how powerful they are. Cast some haste on him, and maybe ghetto feat kite? Does Rune stick to pets at all?

Nightbear
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Lol this sounds like a really good way to die. At lower levels I always had huge mana problems with soloing. If you have any friends who can come spot you the first few times you try. A good technique is to grab two mobs root them in the area of AC, charm one then when it dies charm the other one. Using cancel magic to unroot pet. Using tash and root plus slow you should have no problem with a frogie tank.

Vandamwtc
04-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Lol this sounds like a really good way to die. At lower levels I always had huge mana problems with soloing. If you have any friends who can come spot you the first few times you try. A good technique is to grab two mobs root them in the area of AC, charm one then when it dies charm the other one. Using cancel magic to unroot pet. Using tash and root plus slow you should have no problem with a frogie tank.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but I don't think there are any mobs to charm in SRO at 32 that could tank him. I don't really have a huge problem with mana, as I am fairly well geared.

Nightbear
04-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Oh sorry Ancient Cyclops. That will be a rough camp. Just wandering SRo hoping someone else is killing PH's and sniping AC if he spawns. He has a lot of HP himself. Come back at 40-45 when giants are good xp and you can kill them yourself

Velerin
04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
SoRo AC isn't too hard. He's about level 30 and a lot easier than sand giants. I was able to solo him with my 29 mage (OoT one is much harder, same as seafury). Unless the new spawn anywhere change affected his ph, don't worry about killing SGs, just run around and try and avoid them. If you can slow him your pet can tank him, maybe have to summon a second one if first one dies.

Another thing I did was carry sow pots on my 29 mage. Just saved them to pop if AC or had to fight a SG for kiting.

Potus
04-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, one of the Ancient Cyclops's PHs is a Sand Giant.

At least it was pre-patch change.

Infectious
04-02-2014, 09:26 AM
I would buy a sow pot, sow myself and hit ac with a tash and just pet kite with your pet hasted. If you get a big gap between you two, throw a dot. Worse comes to worse you can always zone out. But with tash stealing aggro just pet kite.

fishingme
04-16-2014, 10:19 AM
I've noticed that tash has very very little aggro generated if any. I normally pull with tash and the second my charmed pet hits the mob, the mob is on my pet.

Malone88
04-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Slowing it or DoTing it will get mob's attention.
Good suggestion to just aggro kite it and have hasted pet beat on it from behind.

Liegezen
04-26-2014, 05:40 PM
You can also fear kite, worked for my chanter around level 35ish. SGs can be a little rough, but doable. Just make sure agro stays on you so your pet doesn't get crushed and you don't have to waste mana on slows. Maybe buy a 10 dose sow pot so you don't have to worry as much about resists.

fishingme
05-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Curious, when would you guys think solo camping AC in OOT would be possible on an enchanter?

captnamazing
05-04-2014, 06:46 PM
When my ENC was level 29 or 30 I camped Groi Gutblade out in SK. He's a level 27 troll Shadow Knight. I'd say the two fights are comparable.

What I did was this:

Summon pet
Haste Pet
Rune myself and the pet (the rune on yourself can save you if shit goes wrong)
Load slow and 2 nukes.
Then pretty much just ghetto mage it. I'd throw down a nuke or two during the fight to help out my pet.

p eazy

Swish
05-04-2014, 06:55 PM
I'd get some more levels as an enchanter before taking on the AC :p

phacemeltar
05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
use fear/root/nuke. you can keep him rooted while you med more mana to cast nukes. just dont run out of mana to keep him under control and you will be ok.

Swish
05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Why spend hours there though if you're not totally sure you can finish it? Chanter nukes are resisty at the best of times :/

I'd come back at 39-44ish :p

Vandamwtc
05-20-2014, 10:45 AM
My chanter is 37 now. I'm an on and off again player. I found a named Orc who I believe is 29 or 30. He roots and I've used him to take down giants. No just need to learn the patterns with PHs and such.