PDA

View Full Version : Grouping in P1999

xarbokk
03-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey everyone! I am a long time EQ player starting back in 2001. I actually have a gold account and raid on weekends still. I was considering joining P1999 to get back to the good ole days but was curious how well you can actually get grps along the way. I would love to play a bard but they are very grp dependent so if you can't get low lvl grps I might need to pick a better solo class like a mage.

Vlak
03-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Bards... group dependent? O_o

Raavak
03-31-2014, 04:27 PM
There are groups to be had, you just have to know where. GFay orc hill, Crushbone, EC orcs all have groups going nearly constantly it seems. Lots of people in Oasis once you have a few levels, as well as Unrest, Mistmoore... I don't know what iksars do, maybe there are FoB groups? (I never play my sole iksar).

Bards kinda group until 18 since the lvl 2 ae with its short range is hard to kite with. Doable, but difficult. After 18 bards rule solo exp.

MilanderTruewield
03-31-2014, 06:51 PM
I just started a few days ago, and I can honestly say that grouping has been pretty good so far. In 3 days, my rogue has gotten to level 11. Luckily, I ran into a very old original-EQ friend on my first day that I haven't seen since around 2005ish. But I've been grouping in EC at the orc camps, spent the first few levels til about 6 running around soloing heh.

Like you, I also have a gold account on live, I raid on the mondays, fridays and saturdays that I have off in a guild on Erollisi Marr. I've actually been contemplating quitting regular EQ in favor of P99. Haven't made my mind up there yet though, I have a LOT of time invested in my chars - I started in Oct 2000, and have 3 accounts :p

Btw, if you need a group once you're within range of my rogue, I'm ALWAYS down to group with bards. Yay haste!

snoopiku
04-01-2014, 08:31 AM
As to the "what do iksars do" question. They kinda solo to 5 or 6, then group at the pit or slowly solo to 10. Then group in kurns until 14, where they solo to 18 or group in the higher levels. I stayed to 20 in kurns and now going between giant fort in WW and trash in OT. Both are good exp and both have some money potential (giants moreso than OT), so its been good so far.

baalzy
04-01-2014, 12:37 PM
I pass through FoB regularly to hand out newbie treats (droga/kaesora loot) and often times see people grouping at the first ramp into pit in the 4-8 range where they start moving into Kurns afterwards.

Frug
04-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Iksars are trivial for the first few levels - FOB with the curscale quest till 4 or 5, then the spiderling cave from 5 to 6, then The Pit from 7 to whenever you want to try Kurns (usually 8 at the low end to 12 on the high end), and you CAN stay there through 20 or so, though few do.

And you can continue the curscale quest through 10 if you want while you're traveling to and from The Pit.

Jimjam
04-01-2014, 01:32 PM
I Reckon Kurns is worth staying at till you can pick up an iksar berserker club if you are anything but a necro.

Nocive
04-02-2014, 04:42 AM
Grouping is possible most of the time, even during off hours. But you will encounter "dead" level range, like what i like to call the mistmoore nightmare :D . What helps is making your own group, it can get aggravating but sometimes its the only way if you cant solo.

Kevynne
04-03-2014, 03:40 AM
I would love to play a bard but they are very grp dependent

-.- and i thought I was dumb for refusing to solo as an enchanter.... -.-
pls tell me troll