PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf SK gearing

Vanalr
03-31-2014, 11:48 AM
I have a baby de sk, that ive been spending time on lately and i'm looking for pointers on gearing him. As it stands I have a sword of skyfire and mistmoore shield, and argent defender as weapons. (AG needs upgrade imo but i'll see what you guys say). For armor i had a mixed batch of banded and bronze but got sick of not being able to carry much loot so I stripped my cleric of his armor and gave it to sk (teir'dal admantite) but it has no sta or hp on any pieces. Still have no jewelry saving for 5ac 55hp rings but clueless as to what to get after that. I'm open for any suggestions.

Ugrask
03-31-2014, 12:25 PM
It you want to carry loot, you really shouldn't be playing a DE. 70 Starting strength as a plate wearer = SOL.

That aside, besides rings you should be fine until 30+, when you can try looking for upgrades, HP>AC>str/sta - I'd say level and worry about anything else later, you're already out gearing stuff.

Vanalr
03-31-2014, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't mind sticking with this gear for awhile but I wanna give my cleric back his clothes

Nightbear
03-31-2014, 01:19 PM
I would live in LOIO until I got two Sarnak Earrings of Station. Very rare 5Str 0.1 weight earrings off of the sarnaks in the fort Lvl 20ish. Other than that if you really want to stay Dark Elf and fight the uphill battle of low STR, go to the wiki, go to equipment then SK, and filter by STR on slots you want to upgrade. Can do stats like HP and such but you will need a decent STR level before you can focus on HP. Click through loots. Try to buy cheap ones or find an easy camp on your cleric.

Nightbear
03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
What is your SK's name? Might be able to help you on some upgrades

Vanalr
03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
.sk name is vannav

Incubo
03-31-2014, 03:21 PM
On a budget, best bet is to go for high ac and strength items. Only HP items you really need are SSB and HP rings, then build for AC and str. Stamina at your level doesn't really help much. If you can afford the HP rings, you can easily afford the cheap Blood Ember armor.

I don't know what that tier dal armor goes for, but I would sell it and buy HP rings and Blood Ember armor instead.

Malone88
03-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Hero Bracers (+10 Str) must have for DE...

There are plenty of other STR items also.

55HP rings a must.

baalzy
03-31-2014, 07:04 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Bracers_of_Erollisi is another cheap + str bracer.

Swish
04-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Clerics will thank you for bumping you HP/stamina, make that a priority for sure...particularly when you get into the 40s. STR isn't so much an issue unless you're soloing, the tank's dps isn't supposed to be fantastic, that's the rogue/monk/ranger/etc's job.

Don't work up your int much/at all as a DE, disease cloud is cheap cheap so you don't need a big mana pool.

HP rings/HP+mana necklace?

baalzy
04-01-2014, 01:38 PM
I'd say more like 50's when clerics start wanting to use CH you'd start swapping into HP/STA gear. By then though you can more easily get +str gear with +hp on it at the same time. At 39 when they get CH they're not going to use it often.

holsteinrx7
04-04-2014, 12:50 AM
teir'dal and granite imbued spauldors. hero bracers, darkforge/blood ember. good day.

Xer0
04-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Clerics will thank you for bumping you HP/stamina, make that a priority for sure...particularly when you get into the 40s. STR isn't so much an issue unless you're soloing, the tank's dps isn't supposed to be fantastic, that's the rogue/monk/ranger/etc's job.

Don't work up your int much/at all as a DE, disease cloud is cheap cheap so you don't need a big mana pool.

HP rings/HP+mana necklace?

All the advice offered thus far seems legit. My main, an SK recently hit 42.. I actually started him long ago, well over a year. I've tanked probably 90% of it. Soloing is inefficient I've found, without regeneration... savefor a 3-4 level window where fear kiting giants is serious tits. High AC+STAM+HP+STR+DEX is the order of importance I tend to adhere to as far as my items are concerned. Also, having such low strength I keep an eye ona n items weight when considering its overall statistical effectiveness. If you look, you can find a lot of decent plate gear with alright stats that weighs next to nothing. . At 42 I have 102 STR, 116 AC, 95 AGI, 90 DEX, 90 WIS, 140 INT, 70 CHA. 1,571 HP, 1202 MANA, 832 AC.. and I do fairly well as a tank. You wont ever need int gear, as mentioned above: disease cloud is cheap AND effective. I still use it more frequently than anything (tend to buff myself with str and ac tap).

I literally smithed banded armor for plat until I could afford a noctivagant blade. 4k AC worth of banded.. but it helps to hit hard and often as a tank. I also camped a lot of Shralok packs, both for use (i only carry 102 lbs) and profit (they sell for 250 plat, spawn every 2 hours or thereabout.)

After selling.. a LOT of shralok packs, I was able to afford a really good shield and helm, gloves... Once you get into your late 30s you can start making quite a bit of money just levelling (even through your 20s you'll find the odd smithing material that sells to merchants for 150pp)

IOf you need a starting point for platinum: bone chips, spiderling silks, high quality wolf/bear/cat skins are proper bartering pieces.

If gear/money isn't what you're having trouble with and just cant seem to find places to level check out: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie ... scroll way down, and theres a levelling guide of sorts. fairly helpful.

If you ever need a word of advice in game, pm me.