PDA

View Full Version : New to EQ few questions about my rogue

grauak
03-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Just started a few days ago, rolling a barbarian rogue. Currently level 11 in BB, having a blast.

I plan on staying here until level 15. I was lucky enough to have a player give me 100 plat, and a full set of banded armor. I recently picked up a fine steel weapon. Im wanting to make money while I level, I hear there are willow wisps that drop items worth 10 plat each. But i need a magic weapon. Is there a quest i can do to get one?

TL;DR could use any advice on where to go after level 15 and how to make money after I leave BB

Rhambuk
03-30-2014, 03:33 AM
best bet is to go to oasis at 15, not much money but better exp.

Estu
03-30-2014, 09:39 AM
You can farm up some platinum using this guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie#Platinum
Then you can buy a cheap magic weapon in EC that'll be way better than anything you can quest. That will come in handy for grouping in Unrest, which is a way better option than Oasis anyhow. Dungeons give better loot and better EXP than outdoor zones. The only thing Oasis has going for it is that it's popular (for some reason), but Unrest is popular as well, so you can certainly find groups there (maybe just a little more difficult to find groups in Unrest because there's not as much room for multiple groups of the same level to coincide).

Breeziyo
03-31-2014, 07:29 AM
The only thing Oasis has going for it is that it's popular (for some reason)

Yeah I never got this either. XP is super slow compared to other places. Nostalgia from before people widely knew about ZEM?