PDA

View Full Version : New to testing

littlebobby3
03-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I have played beta's on games in the past but I really want to get involved in this beta. I am not sure where to start as I have never actually tested anything before and I don't like to complain about free stuff.
My question here is, what should I start with to help out the team here with the beta? And is posting on the forums the fastest way to tell them about a bug or problem?

Ele
03-30-2014, 02:35 PM
First thing to do is copy your character from blue or red to the beta server with the in game command "/beta", twice.

You can then log in with your character and begin exploring the available zones in Velious with your copied characters. OOC is global, so if you need help just /ooc for it and usually someone with guide abilities will be available to summon you around, rez, or help with corpse recovery. There are a set of gnomes at the NRo dock, where everyone starts on the beta server, be sure to grab some Thurgadin gate/bind/res staffs and spells, if needed.

Depending on your level and prior Velious experience, you may want to check out what has already been report and what is identified (in the individual threads) as "fixed" or "fixed pending update".

You can also help the beta project outside of the game through online research of old EQ sites either through their own archives or independent Internet research portals such as archive.org. Most of the bug reports regarding drops, spawns, and quests require substantiation with contemporaneous evidence from old archived EQ websites, so those require some time to get the research compiled, which allows the devs to focus more on getting fixes implemented rather than having to spend time researching.