PDA

View Full Version : Want to roll red but...

raptorak
03-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I have a 54 enc on blue which I quit 2 years back and am now leveling slowly, and I'm already rolling alts. No MMO is complete without PvP and I miss it terribly, but I am also very hesitant to roll up on this server without knowing what will be happening in terms of rule changes in the near future. The double exp would have had me already playing since I will be playing a wizard (one of my blue alts who makes me want to pull my teeth out it levels so slow), but now with the future of the server unannounced I'm not sure, especially with teams being my preferred method of PvP.

I know I am more pink than red but honestly the shit talk and negative stigma about being blue does not bother me in the slightest since I was born in the fires of Ultima Online launch. What does bother me is low server pop, uncertainty over the future of the server and some of the incredibly anti-social attitudes shown in the forums which are clearly the signs of an unhealthy environment server-wise.

Do we have an eta on when an announcement will be made as to the future rule set of this server?

Faerie
03-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Teams is gonna be great, but no one knows when it's coming. They won't start work on it until Velious is released, and it may take a bit to hammer out all the details and code them in. Could be another year still :O

Red99 isn't gonna change too much as far as ruleset goes I don't think. There's been talk of lowering the pvp range and limiting ooc somehow. The GMs and devs are dedicated to turning the anti-social attitudes on Red99 around. Basically when they're done making changes to this server we're all gonna be holding hands and pvp will be taboo. Or something.

So yeah. Join up if blue server doesn't get you going.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Don't play Red. If you like PvP, play DAoC or wait for Camelot Unchained. I haven't checked the Founder's forums for a while, but Alpha testing should be starting about now.

Fame
03-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Don't play Red. If you like PvP, play DAoC or wait for Camelot Unchained. I haven't checked the Founder's forums for a while, but Alpha testing should be starting about now.

ban this toxic fuck, red is doin good for low lvls atm, start now imo

Eslade
03-29-2014, 02:38 PM
lol @ daoc. server is going to be fine. some of the people on this server seem to think the world is going to end every time there is a change to the server.

Fame
03-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I love and hate you.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
ban this toxic fuck, red is doin good for low lvls atm, start now imo

I'm toxic, huh? :) You must not understand that word. Don't listen to that idiot. The server really only has two guilds. One has a horrible history and some deranged players, the other is full of douchebags who spam /ooc and don't even like each other. Neither is something you want to be a part of.

Fame
03-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Verin hasn't seem to have grasped the fact that opinions can exist in alternative to his own. Probably bad parenting and not his fault. Seek help brew.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Verin hasn't seem to have grasped the fact that opinions can exist in alternative to his own. Probably bad parenting and not his fault. Seek help brew.

Oh, you got me! Play Red and this ^^ is all you hear all day long. If you want to play Red, wait until the GMs step up and clean these people out. But I think this is one of his nicest posts so far :) He must be warming up to me.

Bamz4l
03-29-2014, 03:01 PM
when i logged on there was 33 players online, /count revealed that 23 of them were 59+
interpret that however you'd like

I interpreted as ...

COUNT NOT CLASSIC BIATCH!!!!!!!!!

Humerox
03-29-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm toxic, huh? :) You must not understand that word. Don't listen to that idiot. The server really only has two guilds. One has a horrible history and some deranged players, the other is full of douchebags who spam /ooc and don't even like each other. Neither is something you want to be a part of.

Toxic includes anyone that prohibits or discourages legitimate gameplay on R99 by fostering inaccurate perceptions of the actual experience.

Take that for what it's worth.

Squire
03-29-2014, 06:54 PM
saw 5 lowbie clerics start today

Verin mad and toxic, more people like Hateraid than him.

Take that for what it's worth.

mtb tripper
03-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Haskel

dethbringre
03-29-2014, 07:12 PM
I'll play more often once I find out the "news". Not that I am upset with how the server functions (exp, global ooc) im ok with that part. I just don't like the fact that we've been in the dark on the future changes for almost 2 months.

Clark
03-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Teams is gonna be great, but no one knows when it's coming.

Biaxil
03-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Oh, you got me! Play Red and this ^^ is all you hear all day long. If you want to play Red, wait until the GMs step up and clean these people out. But I think this is one of his nicest posts so far :) He must be warming up to me.

If you don't like Red, why are you even posting here? Troll elsewhere.

Fawqueue
03-29-2014, 10:50 PM
I'll play more often once I find out the "news". Not that I am upset with how the server functions (exp, global ooc) im ok with that part. I just don't like the fact that we've been in the dark on the future changes for almost 2 months.

Yeah but it's classic. Verant wasn't exactly an open book back in '99 either. The fact that they put up with so much shit from this server should be a testament that they aren't trying to burn it down in a car fire. I say play now and enjoy it.