PDA

View Full Version : R99 Behavioral Issues [GMs]

Verin
03-29-2014, 12:59 PM
[This post is for the GMs and is specifically regarding R99]

There is way too much harassment of all sorts being left unaddressed. The behavioral issues on R99 are unbelievable and need to be addressed proactively.

The development of P99 was a group effort and a lot of people, including volunteers, put a lot of time into its creation. With its creation and the evolution of its player base, the need for mature and vigilant oversight is crucial.

For a while I've had different ideas about why the server (R99) is the way it is, but I'm beginning to see that the problem is many of the players themselves, and perhaps this has worn down the management to a point of notable neglect. (I certainly do not envy your positions because of the amount of garbage you have to deal with on a daily basis.)

But if you do not have the time or will to control R99, shut it down or recruit more (fresh) GMs who are mature and off-hand a skin-snapping whip and main hand a big ass Banhammer. Otherwise, the server will continue to become more and more filthy.

Being a GM is a unique and heavy responsibility, and neglecting this issue any longer--whether or not it is intentional--would be a grave mistake and unfortunate for the server. If you really begin to address this issue, I believe you may see a tremendous rise in interest from new / returning players. More importantly, cracking down on this issue will make your jobs easier as people will begin to put muzzles on themselves and act like adults. There are a lot of people on the server who enjoy harassing people, and I would hate to see this continue.

I'd recently already decided to stop playing but was talked out of it, but I'm seriously reconsidering that decision, and I'm beginning to regret spending so much time helping prepare P99 for launch.

I expect a certain amount of immaturity in video game environments, but very few people who play P99 / R99 are not adults. If this immaturity crosses certain boundaries, GMs need to PM people in game. Warn them. Suspend them. If this continues or the harassment is serious enough, ban them.

Players who enjoy being pricks via /ooc or PMs (especially PMs), or in other ways that violate the PnP will stoutly oppose this thread. Ignore them. They're the ones who need to be taken out into the yard and thumped with a rusty, diseased paddle. Or smashed by the Banhammer.

Squire
03-29-2014, 01:06 PM
So people sent you mean PMs? Ok. The /ignore function in game, or ignore function on the forums will remedy all of your personal issues without changing server management or policy, or acquire additional personnel to suit you on an individual level. Likewise, ooc is an optional aspect of ones UI and game experience, which can be tailored to your specific wants and needs through the options menu. good luck in norrath.

heartbrand
03-29-2014, 01:07 PM
I never understood why they can't leave eq open and then go through ooc once or twice a week and hand out bans. The people you would gain from a mature player base would far outweigh the toxic people you would lose. It's night and day going from red99 to other MMO's. I think people forget that the way people act here isn't normal.

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
If you think it's just me, you're very badly mistaken. And "mean PMs" are different from harassment. Don't try to be cute. Or do you just care about your post count? You registered last month and you have over 400 posts...

Squire
03-29-2014, 01:14 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2j3qzhx.jpg

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:17 PM
So people sent you mean PMs? Ok. The /ignore function in game, or ignore function on the forums will remedy all of your personal issues without changing server management or policy, or acquire additional personnel to suit you on an individual level. Likewise, ooc is an optional aspect of ones UI and game experience, which can be tailored to your specific wants and needs through the options menu. good luck in norrath.

No, actually, it isn't. It's PnP to allow LNS and such when called. If you turn off /ooc and have everyone you dislike on /ignore, you will eventually break the PnP policy. This does not fix the issue for anyone and would only end up getting you in trouble. Besides, many people continue to harass others on alts.

Doors
03-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Squire just basically won this thread.

dethbringre
03-29-2014, 01:22 PM
I agree that there should be some sort of enforcement on the server, otherwise shit will continue to degrade, like it has been lately. However, patching in fixes such as the removal of global OOC won't solve these problems. Yeah showing location with each OOC would help, but it isn't the fix this server needs.

I think HB is right, there should be some enforcement on a weekly basis or so. The reason we have some toxic players is because on most pay to play games these players have already been run off by full time staff (on most games anyway). We don't have that enforcement here because things are ran on a strictly volunteer basis. Would this kind of behavior happen on live? Yes, for a few hours or maybe a day, then it would result in a ban.

I personally am not bothered by the OOC trash talking but I can see how it would turn off some new players, especially those with a thin skin. I hear alot of people say "well they probably aren't cut out for red" well you can PVP without getting personal.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 01:22 PM
I never understood why

your gravesite marker quotation! kudos

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Besides, Squire, I know exactly who you are in game and how you act, and I know that you do not want more astute oversight from server management for numerous reasons I won't mention. So don't bother. This discussion is not meant for players like you. It is meant for the GMs, as advertised.

Squire
03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
wat lol please, by all means, mention and bother.

Besides, Squire, I know exactly who you are in game and how you act, and I know that you do not want more astute oversight from server management for numerous reasons I won't mention. So don't bother. This discussion is not meant for players like you. It is meant for the GMs, as advertised.

Sorry pal, you posted this on a red server chat community forum, and is therefore up for community scrutiny and debate. Perhaps you should have just wrote a e-mail and submitted it directly to members of staff if you didn't want the player base to interact with you, which seems to be a theme in your post to begin with.

rollin5k
03-29-2014, 01:26 PM
The rules are already in place the enforcement is just lacking, maybe they have too much to do already. I agree with you though velrin, a lot of loud mouth man children

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:31 PM

Sorry, backing your gaming buddy isn't going to help you "win" in this thread. Toxic people/players are so obvious. You will be easy targets for the GMs.

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:35 PM
wat lol please, by all means, mention and bother.

Sorry pal, you posted this on a red server chat community forum, and is therefore up for community scrutiny and debate. Perhaps you should have just wrote a e-mail and submitted it directly to members of staff if you didn't want the player base to interact with you, which seems to be a theme in your post to begin with.

Go ahead then. Troll away. I'm just waiting for the adults, be it players or GMs.

Gaffin 7.0
03-29-2014, 01:41 PM
need some patches on this server more than worrying about how people act in the game

Faerie
03-29-2014, 01:48 PM
The harassment does happen, and gets pretty bad in some cases (Kimm is one of the creepiest people to ever play EQ). GMs and devs are aware, and Deru has commented on it in the past. Would be a safe bet to assume that some sorta fix is coming very soon™.

Maybe ooc will reveal location, but I have doubts that this would do all that much to cut back on the negative chatter. Maybe global ooc will be disabled entirely. Sirken also hinted at the forums being cleaned up somehow soon.

If you're still being harassed OP, you should PM some of the forum mods about it. They'll take care of things. I suggest you PM Ambrotos, he likes to ban people and hand out forum infractions.

Bamz4l
03-29-2014, 01:48 PM
@OP - This motherfucking Ever-Quest. A hardcore MMORPG for grown ass men. This is not your kids WoW game. If players are being mean then WIPE THE SAND OUTTA UR VAG

edit: The GMs already do enough hand holding here

Squire
03-29-2014, 01:49 PM
need some patches on this server more than worrying about how people act in the game

I agree. EXP rate and mechanics have a much, much greater impact on population level and player retention

Verin
03-29-2014, 01:53 PM
@OP - This motherfucking Ever-Quest. A hardcore MMORPG for grown ass men. This is not your kids WoW game. If players are being mean then WIPE THE SAND OUTTA UR VAG

Really? That's cute. Still waiting for the men to come and talk. Go back to being a child in game.

Faerie
03-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Verin if you're just here to complain and get into petty arguments you should have posted this in RnF. This is the kinda thing the devs likely want to keep out of forum chat as part of their plan to make the server more inviting to new players.

krazyGlue
03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Verin what level class and where do you exp at . I will be sure to assist you with a great and mature Everquest experience .. I promise

Fame
03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
omg you whiney piece of shit, why would you post this now that we are actually starting to gain some population?

What a fucking
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Flag_-_Union_Flag.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TDP1qhecymE/TWGPcXqX2HI/AAAAAAAAEZ8/-_4FIUKqBFA/s1600/bean-meatballs.jpg

Pls move thread to rnf before I do

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:01 PM
The harassment does happen, and gets pretty bad in some cases (Kimm is one of the creepiest people to ever play EQ). GMs and devs are aware, and Deru has commented on it in the past. Would be a safe bet to assume that some sorta fix is coming very soon™.

Maybe ooc will reveal location, but I have doubts that this would do all that much to cut back on the negative chatter. Maybe global ooc will be disabled entirely. Sirken also hinted at the forums being cleaned up somehow soon.

If you're still being harassed OP, you should PM some of the forum mods about it. They'll take care of things. I suggest you PM Ambrotos, he likes to ban people and hand out forum infractions.

I hope you are right. Hiding behind a computer in an elf sim or on the forums doesn't give people the right to continually abuse others. Immaturity doesn't even begin to describe the current, pathetic state of R99.

Hell, I've had admin privileges on P99 before. If they're short on staff, perhaps I'll volunteer again.

krazyGlue
03-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Prepare your anus for the amount of abuse your going to recive in game over this thread

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:05 PM
omg you whiney piece of shit, why would you post this now that we are actually starting to gain some population?

What a fucking
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Flag_-_Union_Flag.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TDP1qhecymE/TWGPcXqX2HI/AAAAAAAAEZ8/-_4FIUKqBFA/s1600/bean-meatballs.jpg

Pls move thread to rnf before I do

Gaining population with 100-120 during peak hours, and down to 15 at night for most of the night? Brilliant.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Prepare your anus for the amount of abuse your going to recive in game over this thread

"You're". It's okay. These mistakes happen when all your brainpower is channeled into a keyboard.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:16 PM

Verin is a black piece of shit

Thank you for helping my point. Kudos.

Faerie
03-29-2014, 02:17 PM
british meatballs

aborted
03-29-2014, 02:23 PM

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:25 PM
You know, it's actually quite nice that you have all so kindly made my position crystal clear for the GMs. Looking forward to hearing from them.

Fame
03-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Gaining population with 100-120 during peak hours, and down to 15 at night for most of the night? Brilliant.

Was here when 30 was popping, been all uphill dawg. Also, fgt.

Barkingturtle
03-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I logged in for the first time in a few years just last night and I gotta agree with the OP.

What I witnessed was some very immature chat in the ooc channel. One guy was even bragging about his trip to DisneyLand. I mean come on. Grow up.

Not_Kazowi
03-29-2014, 02:33 PM
One guy was even bragging about his trip to DisneyLand. I mean come on. Grow up.

lol

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Was here when 30 was popping, been all uphill dawg. Also, fgt.

Now I understand why your avatar has its mouth taped shut. Too bad it hasn't had any effect on your hands.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 02:34 PM
that was Lron also OP does not belong here. Leave.

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:37 PM
that was Lron also OP does not belong here. Leave.

Oh look, another troll who registered last month and has over 400 posts. This is just sad.

Fame
03-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Post count envy, I've seen it a thousand times..

Lartanin63
03-29-2014, 02:43 PM
This is a very unconstructive post. You made a good point and now just seems like you are trolling to make people mad. Calling everyone children for the way they act, you are going to get responses like these. Your solution is just to ban everyone that says stupid things? Even when they are funny or in a joking manner, yet taken the wrong way.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 02:44 PM
shut up verin u are teh troll!!!1

Verin
03-29-2014, 02:52 PM
This is a very unconstructive post. You made a good point and now just seems like you are trolling to make people mad. Calling everyone children for the way they act, you are going to get responses like these. Your solution is just to ban everyone that says stupid things? Even when they are funny or in a joking manner, yet taken the wrong way.

When did I say that banning everyone is the solution? So far, it seems bans here and there have been the only solution. That is not what I'm suggesting. But frequent warnings directly from the GMs would settle people down quickly. And I'm not talking about the people who say "stupid things" or are joking around.

Cymeon
03-29-2014, 02:59 PM

lol winning

Flowz
03-29-2014, 03:05 PM
If you think the lack of GM discipline or the insults hurt the server population i dont konw what to say. I think it had more to do with corrupt GM's at the beginning, the way things were handled at the beginning with the holocaust guild ban, not to mention the horrible XP rate and the time sink the game is now, Most people who want PvP dont mind PvE but its not why we play the game, So the 12 months it takes to level up casually just is not worth the time sink with the population this low.
Population was fine growing ok before the XP nerf, This game is 15 years old with no advertisement at all, Newer people have no clue what everquest is, let alone a emulator server. For the first time in awhile u had 3 guilds at the top semi competing and it was making the server more fun for all. With the recent RMT ban's im sure that probably would of brang even more people to the server weather it be from the blue server or people just hearing about the enforcement of the rule some people like that.

But instead they nerfed the XP, cut out all the casual players who have a job, a different hobby ( not everyone only has 1 hobby but if u want play r99 u better only have 1 ) people who have choirs and stuff to do cleaning, laundry, fixing up the house, cleaning the backyard fixing it up, people who like to go hang out with friends and maybe watch sporting events, or just hang out, people who have kids, people who work overtime and on weekends, people who work during primetime in the US ( nobody wants to play with 35players on a regular basis).

Im sure there is more stuff i could write but when you think about it, thats alot of population you cut out, most of these poeple before could do these things and STILL log onto r99 for a little bit and feel they accomplished something, they seen their XP bar move a little, they found a few people to XP with cause lots were xping for a little, Now if they were to log on, they wouldn't see their XP bar move at all not to mention the population got cut in half almost and most of those were leveling people so there goes any groups.

Verin
03-29-2014, 03:27 PM
If you think the lack of GM discipline or the insults hurt the server population i dont konw what to say. I think it had more to do with corrupt GM's at the beginning, the way things were handled at the beginning with the holocaust guild ban, not to mention the horrible XP rate and the time sink the game is now, Most people who want PvP dont mind PvE but its not why we play the game, So the 12 months it takes to level up casually just is not worth the time sink with the population this low.
Population was fine growing ok before the XP nerf, This game is 15 years old with no advertisement at all, Newer people have no clue what everquest is, let alone a emulator server. For the first time in awhile u had 3 guilds at the top semi competing and it was making the server more fun for all. With the recent RMT ban's im sure that probably would of brang even more people to the server weather it be from the blue server or people just hearing about the enforcement of the rule some people like that.

But instead they nerfed the XP, cut out all the casual players who have a job, a different hobby ( not everyone only has 1 hobby but if u want play r99 u better only have 1 ) people who have choirs and stuff to do cleaning, laundry, fixing up the house, cleaning the backyard fixing it up, people who like to go hang out with friends and maybe watch sporting events, or just hang out, people who have kids, people who work overtime and on weekends, people who work during primetime in the US ( nobody wants to play with 35players on a regular basis).

Im sure there is more stuff i could write but when you think about it, thats alot of population you cut out, most of these poeple before could do these things and STILL log onto r99 for a little bit and feel they accomplished something, they seen their XP bar move a little, they found a few people to XP with cause lots were xping for a little, Now if they were to log on, they wouldn't see their XP bar move at all not to mention the population got cut in half almost and most of those were leveling people so there goes any groups.

One of the first meaningful replies to the thread. Congrats! I can't speak for the early days of the server. After all the work I did for the server, I ended up not even playing P1999 when it went live because I was loaded down with college stuff at the time.

Perhaps having a larger population earlier in the server's history made it easier to ignore the toxic people who plague it now. Whatever the case, it's pretty much lost its appeal to me. All you have to do is scroll through this thread to see that many--if not most--players on R99 have some serious issues. But I'm pretty sure that the less oversight there is, the more people open their mouths. It's just sad. I know several people who get harassed on a daily basis in PMs. (I haven't had much of a problem with that, but that's only because I rarely speak in game because there isn't much reason to beyond buying or selling. Everything else is trolling, harassing, bs and stupid ****).

All I can say now is that I regret being a part of the project's development. What a waste of time.

Rushmore
03-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Thread closed

Agatha
03-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Thread closed

Gaffin 7.0
03-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Server need fixes with pathing and xp, not punishing toxic players that say stuff in ooc, i mean we even have LNS now for christ sake, how much blue do you want this server to be. We just had a recent ban wave which killed the pop but punished them Rmt's. Noticed gm's havent said shit because your opinion is dumb and bias.

Galacticus
03-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Verin so sad too bad.

Verin
03-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Now that I'm officially done with all this, I don't need to be civil. All of you (almost all of you) are the dumbest cocksucking ass faggots I've ever come across in any game I've ever played. You make WoW douches seem like fucking nobles. Hope you brews have wasted a lot of years chasing pixels and running your mouths instead of reading books or going for a jog.

And Savor, I ALWAYS had you on ignore on all my characters because you're such a little faggot. And too funny--you're another douche who registered last month and has 700 posts lol. 700!!! Jesus fucking christ dude, get a fucking life. How many times you been banned from the forums, bro? This will be my first and only. Been registered since 09, faggot.

Besides I know who the majority of you are in game, and I've heard so much shit talked about all of you it's ridiculous. FoH is the guild of losers. Azrael is the guild of Lite's cocksucking faggots who lick his dick for pixels. Nihilum is just fucking nutty. Pop is probably low because nobody can stand sitting around with you douchewipes all day long for any real length of time--except the other douchewipes. Prob why so many people are "taking a break" for Velious.

Hope the server dies and creates a black hole that sucks all of you and your faggotry right in with it.

Bye little pussies. Have fun sucking each other off in game like you always do.
(Anyone can be a dumb asshole. Was fun taking my turn for once. Go fuck yourselves.)

Rogean, fuck you, you idiot. Get your head out of your ass or hand this shit over to someone else who gives a fuck.

Hateraid - You're one weird fuck.

Squire
03-29-2014, 03:59 PM
http://ryanesaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

rollin5k
03-29-2014, 04:04 PM
You weren't cut out for it anyway buddy, later

Fame
03-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Everquest.

Gaffin 7.0
03-29-2014, 04:09 PM
And Savor, I ALWAYS had you on ignore on all my characters because you're such a little faggot.

Hope the server dies and creates a black hole that sucks all of you and your faggotry right in with it.

http://i57.tinypic.com/33c3i1y.jpg

Nocsucow
03-29-2014, 04:13 PM
alot of QQ in this thread

Galacticus
03-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Oh noes

Derubael
03-29-2014, 04:47 PM
holy shit.

Slathar
03-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Really? That's cute. Still waiting for the men to come and talk. Go back to being a child in game.

Hell, I've had admin privileges on P99 before. If they're short on staff, perhaps I'll volunteer again.

Everything else is trolling, harassing, bs and stupid ****

All of you (almost all of you) are the dumbest cocksucking ass faggots I've ever come across in any game I've ever played. You make WoW douches seem like fucking nobles. Hope you brews have wasted a lot of years chasing pixels and running your mouths instead of reading books or going for a jog.

(Anyone can be a dumb asshole. Was fun taking my turn for once. Go fuck yourselves.)

Rogean, fuck you, you idiot. Get your head out of your ass or hand this shit over to someone else who gives a fuck.

heartbrand
03-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Yikes

Telron
03-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Anyone who argues that ignore is a suitable solution to negative behavior is just ignorant. The reality is that while this behavior is going to happen, it shouldn't be tolerated or accepted and should definitely be punished. Simply telling people to use ignore is a band-aid fix that really doesn't solve the problem.

People leave this server every day because of the toxic BS that happens here, and in ooc, and in pms. Maybe their skin isn't thick enough. I would agree. But they are still leaving. A proper solution is to cut the BS and stop being such douche bags. Anything the staff can do to facilitate that would increase the server population.

Grow up people and start treating your fellow players with respect. This is a MMO you know... Or do you really want a dead server.

Squire
03-29-2014, 04:53 PM
player attrition has much more to do with exp, mechanics, and the overall playability of red than ooc, one cannot engage in a serious conversation about player retention as it pertains to a chat box when the overall gaming experience is so poor at the moment. i have faith the devs will address this, but until the population is raised via other fixes, improvements, etc global ooc will be necessary, for better or worse.

if the devs offer some sort of augmentation to player chat in concert with a suite of other changes to improve ones ability to group, pvp etc, then i'm all for it. as it currently stands, the sub 50 population (i.e. the players we should be trying to retain, and the type we should trying to attract) are soloing mobs in empty zones, i know I'd personally hate to engage in this with absolutely zero outside contact. As you said Telron, this is an MMO, and player interaction is the cornerstone of this genre, and on a pvp server one presumably is knowingly signing up for a bit of negative interaction as well.

A pvp server is not this.

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2010/03/duel.jpg

A pvp server is this.

http://www.calanside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/5139.jpg

I think as the server CURRENTLY stands in terms of population and the rate of progression, removal of ooc as something to, at the very least look at while medding, would do more damage than good. Its cliche, but there is a certain amount of truth that goes with saying that if someone has such thin skin that ooc offends them to the point of quitting, I'm not sure they could survive being a level 52 and engaging in post PnP era pvp, either.

holy shit.

indeed.

Fame
03-29-2014, 05:00 PM
pras

Derubael
03-29-2014, 05:06 PM
player attrition has much more to do with exp, mechanics, and the overall playability of red than ooc, one cannot engage in a serious conversation about player retention as it pertains to a chat box when the overall gaming experience is so poor at the moment. i have faith the devs will address this, but until the population is raised via other fixes, improvements, etc global ooc will be necessary, for better or worse.

I understand that a lot of you guys are still seeing red (no pun intended) over the XP nerf, but that's only part of the equation.

Anyone who argues that ignore is a suitable solution to negative behavior is just ignorant. The reality is that while this behavior is going to happen, it shouldn't be tolerated or accepted and should definitely be punished. Simply telling people to use ignore is a band-aid fix that really doesn't solve the problem.

People leave this server every day because of the toxic BS that happens here, and in ooc, and in pms. Maybe their skin isn't thick enough. I would agree. But they are still leaving. A proper solution is to cut the BS and stop being such douche bags. Anything the staff can do to facilitate that would increase the server population.

Grow up people and start treating your fellow players with respect. This is a MMO you know... Or do you really want a dead server.

This guy is absolutely, 100% correct. Ignore and turning off global ooc are not an excuse to say whatever the fuck you want. Now, it's likely we have the same number of assholes on red as we do on blue, if not less, but because of global ooc and the small community, they stand out more.

We've been saying this for months now. There's only so much hand holding the staff can do before it's on you guys to be more respectful players.

I already know you guys are going to read this and say 'hur hur durabel doesn't know anything about server, we iz fine, every1 else iz problem. also rogean' but that's only half true. The XP made people leave, sure, but I've talked to dozens and dozens of people who quit over the last year+ because they didn't want to put up with your guys' shit.

tl;dr? After fixes come in, it's gonna be up to you guys to retain new people. if you can't, the only ones you'll have to blame is yourselves.

as a side note, damn verin, calm the fuck down. its just a game @_@. Went from constructive to all out war mode in like 8 hrs.

Fawqueue
03-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Honestly the real fix isn't XP, Pathing, OOC, or toxic players...it's the lack of a time machine. We need to physically get back to 1999, then we'll have all the PvP and players we could ask for!

So less QQ, more inventing guys.

Squire
03-29-2014, 05:11 PM
After fixes come

Can we hear about any of these fixes or design direction plans? I believe a week and a half ago you said you were going to mention some this past week.

Humerox
03-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Now that I'm officially done with all this, I don't need to be civil. All of you (almost all of you) are the dumbest cocksucking ass faggots I've ever come across in any game I've ever played. You make WoW douches seem like fucking nobles. Hope you brews have wasted a lot of years chasing pixels and running your mouths instead of reading books or going for a jog.

And Savor, I ALWAYS had you on ignore on all my characters because you're such a little faggot. And too funny--you're another douche who registered last month and has 700 posts lol. 700!!! Jesus fucking christ dude, get a fucking life. How many times you been banned from the forums, bro? This will be my first and only. Been registered since 09, faggot.

Besides I know who the majority of you are in game, and I've heard so much shit talked about all of you it's ridiculous. FoH is the guild of losers. Azrael is the guild of Lite's cocksucking faggots who lick his dick for pixels. Nihilum is just fucking nutty. Pop is probably low because nobody can stand sitting around with you douchewipes all day long for any real length of time--except the other douchewipes. Prob why so many people are "taking a break" for Velious.

Calls the server out for being toxic, then reveals itself to be the crème de la crème of toxicity. The original post was a giant troll. This thread should be in R&F as it contributes nothing of significance to the server and is not reflective of the majority of the playerbase.

Thank you.

Zoolander
03-29-2014, 05:28 PM
derubael have u raised a fresh toon after the expnerf as a player?

dont get me wrong, but as a gm its easy to say that everything is fine with the nerf without actually playing with the current nerf and population cut half.

Derubael
03-29-2014, 05:35 PM
derubael have u raised a fresh toon after the expnerf as a player?

dont get me wrong, but as a gm its easy to say that everything is fine with the nerf without actually playing with the current nerf and population cut half.

I leveled a toon on red99 prior to the crazy bonus being put in, when it was just the scaling bonus and a sub 100 pop.

that being said, i've never said it was 'fine'. I understand that some kind of accelerated XP is needed 1-60. just not 400%-200% (which is what it was before 1-50)

dethbringre
03-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Mmmm even 200% sounds tasty right about now

Agatha
03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
plain and simple though if u want to get nit and gritty about it. is that anyone who levels a char on this server without 4x bonus is a fucking retard that is wasting there time.

server needs to level off before i even begin to start playing again in a meaningful way.

the server as of now, just isnt working out. people with no actual investment making changes, like the recent removal of the exp bonus, basically kicking a whole guild off the server just goes to show you.

if you dont look at that and think to yourself hmmm this doesnt really seem like all that of a stable server, you are retarded.

Humerox
03-29-2014, 05:46 PM
tl;dr? After fixes come in, it's gonna be up to you guys to retain new people. if you can't, the only ones you'll have to blame is yourselves.

Everything requires moderation. If you guys are throwing in fixes then washing your hands of it it's already doomed to fail.

It will be required to remove global OOC and strictly enforce harassment rules. Zero tolerance is my suggestion. No wiggle room. Be nice in /tell or be gone.

Squire
03-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Can we hear about any of these fixes or design direction plans? I believe a week and a half ago you said you were going to mention some this past week.

dethbringre
03-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Changes have been "coming soon" for almost two months at this point.

Squire
03-29-2014, 06:19 PM
thats why im asking

Imago
03-29-2014, 06:25 PM
He has affirmed that the box isnt going anywhere and that fixes are coming. Simmer down kiddies.

Aenor
03-29-2014, 06:28 PM
before i even begin to start playing again in a meaningful way

hehe meaningful... like when you killed an afk 46 mage on your 53 druid and talked shit about it in OOC for a solid 30 minutes?

Squire
03-29-2014, 06:34 PM
/tinfoil on

well i guess as soon as the red99 server is done being virtualized on the same hardware as the velious beta server they can allow for changes which will increase the population

/tinfoil off

Galacticus
03-29-2014, 06:43 PM

Sounds like there is a planned new set of rules to moderate the way ooc is and the behavior of Red 99s population in order to promote a better server environment.

It will most likely be all up in one big update with a huge post on the rules along with an incentive to get people playing again now that the server is under new policy around the release of Velious.

Hopefully with an exp group bonus / overall exp bonus at the same time.

Am I getting warm?

Squire
03-29-2014, 06:50 PM
This is probably what they actually have.

http://www.mostphotos.com/preview/40950/idea-on-a-napkin.jpg

jk

srsly tho. Prove me wrong Deru. Prove me wrong.

Loftus
03-29-2014, 06:53 PM
I rolled a cleric on this server a couple of nights ago. I am no-name player on Blue from 2010 with 2 characters in the 50's.

I don't really belong here in this post because I have no first-hand knowledge about the stuff you're arguing.

But, what I can say is this:

1. To level a HLF CLR from 1 to 11 took 11 /played hours of entirely solo play with a few buff injections totaling about 2 hours of "buffed" play time. So, about 1 hour per level 1-11.

2. Today, I had a wonderful interaction with two players from <Uprising> where they donated some buffs and some equipment out of kindness.

First, in my opinion, unless the XP curve takes a steep, unforeseen increase, I don't see a huge problem with XP.

Second, the server is not entirely the toilet you are describing. There are douchebags in every population. I'd like to believe for every douchebag there is a kind soul.

I look forward to seeing how I can progress on Red.

Bazia
03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
The culture is 90% of red's charm

Fame
03-29-2014, 07:17 PM
The culture is 90% of red's charm

Platexchange
03-29-2014, 08:30 PM
The XP made people leave, sure

Yes, people being giant asshats is a problem, yes things need to be fixed, however when the staff constantly says the things you are saying, don't you think the new players look at your posts as well and say, wow fuck that server, gm's doing shit to make people leave and they don't even care.

Would just be nice to get a response and acceptance that the GM's need to change also without the usual super defensive "i can do what i want" response, which I have gotten any time I've created a reasonable response.

dethbringre
03-29-2014, 08:36 PM
At this point I don't think its even about the exp nerf anymore. People are pretty much over that, most people just want a freakin announcement on the future of the server. Not just "changes are coming soon! have faith!". Yeah that worked for the first few weeks, now its almost April and still the same response over and over, Yeah I bet the GMs are pissed about us asking over and over, but you know what? Theres a pretty simple solution to these questions..

Kergan
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm sure at this point they are just making sure they can deliver on whatever they promise. I would guess some amount of coding is involved, and it would be even more damaging to say "we're doing this" than have to retract it in a week or two because its too time intensive or they can't figure out how to put it in.

Gaffin 7.0
03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
bring back xp watch server thrive again, shrug

Azure
03-29-2014, 09:00 PM
I get called a faggot every day on these forums. Deal with it.

But IMO this is probably the most disrespectful gaming community I've ever been a part of... outside of like fuckin shadowrun FPS when I made some children of minority cry by stomping on them in CTF and laughing maniacally for about 10 minutes non-stop in voice chat after the match.

Azure
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not racist, I would have laughed at non-minority children just as long. The situation just never presented itself.

Bardalicious
03-29-2014, 09:10 PM
You sure do play the race card a lot for someone that has a vocabulary based solely around the word "faggot".

Also: flames in non-flame section + RL attack. BAN INC.

Azure
03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Nah. I have seen race mentioned on several occasions in your postings. Its def on your mind a lot. It's all good. Just don't be surprised when others are equally as judgmental towards you being gay. That's all.

LOL... srsly??? lol... want to see these posts.... (that I do not recall) I do hate ogres and gnomes though... ugly.

Only one I can think of was me quoting casey once being a jackass. And then a few prior to that of me critisizing casey. Than pointing to his website. To talk about racial issues does not equal racism... thats like saying I'm a pervert because I know about sex and discussed it. Am not a virgin.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 09:41 PM
yea im pretty sure im the one making fun of u for being asian wit dat spiky hair shit

Azure
03-29-2014, 09:43 PM
I think the Tiny Suit Korean Man thing is kinda cute..

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-korean-men-shirt.html?SearchText=korean%2Bmen%2Bshirt&CatId=200000669&pvId=100007732-200001498%2C5-361386&initiative_id=SB_20140131143832&isrefine=y

Korean men pretty hot IMO. Specially the ones that play in those Korean soaps.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 09:45 PM
hmmm... eh... hmmm yea i suppose, i think my first choice would be japanese though.. japanese hybrid

Azure
03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mFN9EWA.jpg

Lil rugged... but they are strong powerful people. I love Japanese culture. (Not the fuckin hentai people) the food... shinto, anamism, bushido, samurai, etc... GiTS one of my favorite series. And it's pretty deep culturally to Japanese IMO.

Squire
03-30-2014, 12:45 AM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/33dumo2.jpg

lol

mtb tripper
03-30-2014, 12:47 AM
You sure do play the race card a lot for someone that has a vocabulary based solely around the word "faggot".

http://31.media.tumblr.com/995fefa350c7d343a44c45be849be21e/tumblr_msm7ngb5lg1sht62wo1_500.gif

BigHurb
03-30-2014, 12:56 AM

lol

LOL!

Vile
03-30-2014, 01:01 AM

lol

lewl

Fame
03-30-2014, 01:59 AM
oh fuck lool

Bamz4l
03-30-2014, 01:59 AM
hate to spoil the fun, but he was referring to the second instance of "your"

Squire
03-30-2014, 02:02 AM
Shh "your" ruining it

Humerox
03-30-2014, 02:10 AM
I always use "yer". works in any given situation and i can claim i'm a freaking pirate.

mtb tripper
03-30-2014, 02:54 AM
cavities

Vile
03-30-2014, 03:00 AM
hate to spoil the fun, but he was referring to the second instance of "your"

damnit

Fame
03-30-2014, 03:02 AM
damnit

almost put him on ignore :rolleyes:

Cid
03-30-2014, 05:24 AM
We've been saying this for months now. There's only so much hand holding the staff can do before it's on you guys to be more respectful players.

I already know you guys are going to read this and say 'hur hur durabel doesn't know anything about server, we iz fine, every1 else iz problem. also rogean' but that's only half true. The XP made people leave, sure, but I've talked to dozens and dozens of people who quit over the last year+ because they didn't want to put up with your guys' shit.

I feel the need to comment here because my experience (or complete lack of, actually) with the GMs recently is in direct contradiction to what you are preaching.

I can pretty much guarantee that I have put in more effort to help improve the server than anyone, player, GM, or Dev. Rogean has repeated "the logs exist forever" and I encourage you to check them if you think I am lying.
I do almost nothing but help people, especially newbies. I spend several hours just running around the world checking hundreds of merchants just to find Words and gear so I can make free spells for people desperately looking for them.
I do like helping people, but I have done this ever since I was capable of it for the benefit of the server. I want people to play here, and I help them to give them encouragement that not everyone is an asshole with the emotional control of a bi-polar tasmanian devil.

I am disgustingly nice and helpful to a near massochistic level, and I am always respectful. I have put in the ingame time trying to keep people around on a personal level and the only payment I have ever asked for or accepted is that they pay it forward down the road.
Most people know Neefin or Cid, or Yawgmoth for making necro spells, and I don't believe anyone has a problem with me unless I'm considering guilty by association.

I am not saying this to stroke my ego, fuck my ego, this is purely fact the logs can back up. I am even doing this on my piece of shit dialup internet, and better yet, it only works at half speed. You have no concept of what lag is.

You guys asked for people who wanted to be Guides and I truly wanted to be one. I am not interested in power or authority. I understand exactly what pressures and responsibility I would be asking for, a nearly thankless job with constant anger and bitching directed at you.
I wanted to be a Guide because I am 100% sure I can be selfless and I can smile and work for the greater good with absolutely no bias while people are throwing every curse they can string together at me. I've been there and done that.

Before I submitted an application I sent Sirken a pm asking about my shitty internet, which cannot be helped, and whether it would automatically make me unable to be a Guide. He is the server GM after all, and I titled the PM clearly.

I waited I believe 10 days for a response with nothing, then I posted in the topic to ask more noticably for him to check. You were all online posting during those 10 days as well. Multiple people posted supporting me and several more days passed. Eventually in the resulting discussion I was informed that your policy is basically to ignore us.
In a total timeframe of something like 15-17 days not a single one of you so much as acknowledged my fucking existence.

You're just hypocrits. Don't say things like ignoring people is not a solution and we should be respectful to each other like adults when the actions of the GMs are in direct contradiction to what you are saying.
I have the utmost respect and gratitude for the Devs and Coders and the time and effort they put in, and I will continue to do what I am able to in order to keep your efforts from coming to naught.
As for the GMs, fuck you guys. If you show zero respect for us, why should I respect any of you? I am the one trying to keep people playing instead of asking them why they quit after the fact.
I don't really care what the hell your big secret plan is because Phase One dropped the server population by a third. Red consistently averaged 15% of Blue's population at pretty much all times for months. Now we are lucky to stay at 10% of Blue's pop.

Any plan to increase the population that begins with losing 33.3% of the population is stupid. It's not the assholes that chase people off that left, you know. It doesn't matter if you are giving out character transfers with complimentary blowjobs, because math says it's a bad plan, not me.
Why couldn't the xp bonus be left on until the super top-secret mega classified plan is ready? What purpose could driving away a third of the people on Red have unless you are actively trying to kill the server?

P.S. I am not even the slightest bit mad, I'm disgusted. And whomever decided on the zero disclosure policy is an absolute moron. It's not building anticipation, it's fueling an exodus.

TL;DR: Read it anyway!

Humerox
03-30-2014, 05:46 AM
TL;DR: I represent more of R99 than everyone thinks. We don't all suck, and it would be nice if the GM's recognized that fact.

There. Helped u a bit.

Fame
03-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Goin all in with Cid on this one

Bosh
03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
I can vouch for Cid, he would be an excellent guide, unless its in the nature of history, he he holds no biast perspective. Fucker helps and buffs newbies out more than he does me, and we're friends in RL.

As far as behavorial issues...If the things said and done to you by other players gets your panties in a wad while playing on this server, your not being very mature yourself. Shit said, especially after pvp engagement to one another should be taken with a grain of salt, only children would blow shit out of proportion. Its a pvp server, this is where most of the vile, evil, asshats who are too fat to go outside and piss on an ant pile reside. (I'm not too fat, just too lazy. And the ants deserve more respect than that.)

Stop forumquesting and creating all this stupid fucking drama that doesn't even exist. You aren't in 5th grade anymore and Betsy and the girls at school don't give a fuck. Talk shit, kill each other, have fun. Otherwise go hug it out on blue, while you stand in line for a camp, secretly giving each other the finger.

Drakaris
03-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Cid is no word of a lie, the nicest person on this server. I would 100% feel that unbiased determination would be conducted and have respect for anything the guy says.

After the first few hours of creating a character and reading the OOC I so did not want to play. In between players that are potentially older than me talking like 14 year old school dropouts, I was heavily discouraged.

Cid kept things sane and helped me get the spells I needed to play on this server. All the spells and starting gear I was given has been passed on 10 fold and without him helping me out in my early months, I would have just said 'screw this server' and went to the next game.

This server is rough. It is a pyramid scheme in many ways of players who have established themselves picking off the other people climbing up, however it has seen most of the people on top of the pyramid and at the bottom of the pyramid quit in a mass exodus very recently.

Do they have 4G out your way Cid? I would think most of the US would have 4G coverage by now :(

Fame
03-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Stop forumquesting

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/phraktal_mekanyk/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Squire
03-30-2014, 09:42 AM
pras cid

Gaffin 7.0
03-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I feel the need to comment here because my experience (or complete lack of, actually) with the GMs recently is in direct contradiction to what you are preaching.

I can pretty much guarantee that I have put in more effort to help improve the server than anyone, player, GM, or Dev. Rogean has repeated "the logs exist forever" and I encourage you to check them if you think I am lying.
I do almost nothing but help people, especially newbies. I spend several hours just running around the world checking hundreds of merchants just to find Words and gear so I can make free spells for people desperately looking for them.
I do like helping people, but I have done this ever since I was capable of it for the benefit of the server. I want people to play here, and I help them to give them encouragement that not everyone is an asshole with the emotional control of a bi-polar tasmanian devil.

I am disgustingly nice and helpful to a near massochistic level, and I am always respectful. I have put in the ingame time trying to keep people around on a personal level and the only payment I have ever asked for or accepted is that they pay it forward down the road.
Most people know Neefin or Cid, or Yawgmoth for making necro spells, and I don't believe anyone has a problem with me unless I'm considering guilty by association.

I am not saying this to stroke my ego, fuck my ego, this is purely fact the logs can back up. I am even doing this on my piece of shit dialup internet, and better yet, it only works at half speed. You have no concept of what lag is.

You guys asked for people who wanted to be Guides and I truly wanted to be one. I am not interested in power or authority. I understand exactly what pressures and responsibility I would be asking for, a nearly thankless job with constant anger and bitching directed at you.
I wanted to be a Guide because I am 100% sure I can be selfless and I can smile and work for the greater good with absolutely no bias while people are throwing every curse they can string together at me. I've been there and done that.

Before I submitted an application I sent Sirken a pm asking about my shitty internet, which cannot be helped, and whether it would automatically make me unable to be a Guide. He is the server GM after all, and I titled the PM clearly.

I waited I believe 10 days for a response with nothing, then I posted in the topic to ask more noticably for him to check. You were all online posting during those 10 days as well. Multiple people posted supporting me and several more days passed. Eventually in the resulting discussion I was informed that your policy is basically to ignore us.
In a total timeframe of something like 15-17 days not a single one of you so much as acknowledged my fucking existence.

You're just hypocrits. Don't say things like ignoring people is not a solution and we should be respectful to each other like adults when the actions of the GMs are in direct contradiction to what you are saying.
I have the utmost respect and gratitude for the Devs and Coders and the time and effort they put in, and I will continue to do what I am able to in order to keep your efforts from coming to naught.
As for the GMs, fuck you guys. If you show zero respect for us, why should I respect any of you? I am the one trying to keep people playing instead of asking them why they quit after the fact.
I don't really care what the hell your big secret plan is because Phase One dropped the server population by a third. Red consistently averaged 15% of Blue's population at pretty much all times for months. Now we are lucky to stay at 10% of Blue's pop.

Any plan to increase the population that begins with losing 33.3% of the population is stupid. It's not the assholes that chase people off that left, you know. It doesn't matter if you are giving out character transfers with complimentary blowjobs, because math says it's a bad plan, not me.
Why couldn't the xp bonus be left on until the super top-secret mega classified plan is ready? What purpose could driving away a third of the people on Red have unless you are actively trying to kill the server?

P.S. I am not even the slightest bit mad, I'm disgusted. And whomever decided on the zero disclosure policy is an absolute moron. It's not building anticipation, it's fueling an exodus.

http://i62.tinypic.com/dw563c.gif

Flowz
03-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Cant agree any better, Were not curing cancer or some other Disease, this isnt area 51, I dont know why they cant just give a little information on there "secret plan" Watching the population drop from 200 to 89 primetime clearly is not enough reason to release any information on it. If you dont value the people who play here what makes them think they wanna waste their time playing here.

Took them almost a year to even think about releasing a red server with an uncontrollable amount of harassment from people on these boards about it. Its pretty clear they just want it to die out and fade away slowly which is exactly what is happening.

Azure
03-30-2014, 10:37 AM
just make him a guide give him the keys to the city already

Galacticus
03-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Seemed like a nice guy until he flipped out with mad in the post because he is being ignored. Not the best candidate if you can't be patient like the rest of us.

Flowz
03-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Seemed like a nice guy until he flipped out with mad in the post because he is being ignored. Not the best candidate if you can't be patient like the rest of us.

If someone ignored me for two weeks without a single drop of recognition after probably spending hours typing out why u should be ( i assume they have these types of things when accepting guild apps) and other hours waiting for a reply while helping others out like he said he was doing.... Ok ya maybe a few days go by you get no response people are busy, but then a week goes by and you have made several attempts to reach out.....Nothing...... Another week goes by, Nothing still.

Now ask yourself this...... Would you still WANT to be a guide and help out after getting shit shoveled in your face bascially by your post or guide app not even get recognized at all for 2 weeks atleast? There is patience's and then there is being ignored.

If im in line at a grocery store and the cashier is moving a little slow and they have a problem with scanning an item, Be patience my friend........When that same cashier looks like thought you and starts helping people behind you one after another....How long should you wait before you speak up? or should you just be patient.

Derubael
03-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Cid doesn't have a guide application in.

Even though we've been asking for guide applications for weeks now.

And btw, as I've stated multiple times in the past, we know this community is fantastic. There's just a very vocal minority that are grade A assholes that need to shape up. Everyone else contributes to what is probably one of the most welcoming group of players on either server. But thanks for reading 1 post and then exploding because we didn't select your non-existent guide app for the guide program.

And to answer your question, no, a shitty internet connection doesn't disqualify you from the Guide program, but you're likely to get veto'd by Rogean or Nilbog if you have a forumfucksplosion in a thread.

Lastly, we haven't announced anything yet because we're waiting to hear from dev team. Some of the changes are done, some are not, but they're all going to get announced on the same day so we can make a big deal of it, plaster it all over the front page, broadcast it on blue, and run events with the help of the community to promote it.

It'll probably be the biggest thing we've ever done for Red, and we're putting a lot of time into making sure it has the biggest positive impact on the box as possible.

XP bonus is getting increased, just not to what it was before. We're hoping to do it in a way that makes sense by helping to build the community and individual player investment.

There's my tidbit I promised. I'll update again when we get closer to this being done.

LulzSect
03-30-2014, 11:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/APDcO02.jpg

Derubael
03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Oh, and one last thing.

We usually don't respond to Guide applications at all unless we are interested in bringing someone on as a Guide. This isn't meant to be an insult, there are just so many there that we can't take the time to respond to each and every one.

There are 500+ guide applications in that forum. There are currently 220 unresolved petition threads (and I've moved 200 more to the resolved this week alone). This does not include the ~100 or so petitions we get in-game daily on Blue and Red. Keep in mind, we are all volunteers, have real lives, real families, and real responsibilities, and still do our best to keep up with the overwhelming number of CSR issues that pop up every day.

We're extremely selective about who comes onto the staff. So don't feel bad if you don't get chosen or get a response in your Guide application. Sometimes you'll wait for months (my Guide app was in the Guide app forum for almost a year before I got a response) without hearing anything.

Selecting new guides is a time consuming process, and requires patience from both sides.

Azure
03-30-2014, 12:18 PM
ITT: Derubael announces discord event for R99 prior to teams99 launch....

Awwww yisssss!

Squire
03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
There's my tidbit I promised. I'll update again when we get closer to this being done.

ty

Faerie
03-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Is petition forum the place to be if you're wanting an old corpse recovered?

Galacticus
03-30-2014, 01:03 PM
If someone ignored me for two weeks without a single drop of recognition after probably spending hours typing out why u should be ( i assume they have these types of things when accepting guild apps) and other hours waiting for a reply while helping others out like he said he was doing.... Ok ya maybe a few days go by you get no response people are busy, but then a week goes by and you have made several attempts to reach out.....Nothing...... Another week goes by, Nothing still.

Now ask yourself this...... Would you still WANT to be a guide and help out after getting shit shoveled in your face bascially by your post or guide app not even get recognized at all for 2 weeks atleast? There is patience's and then there is being ignored.

If im in line at a grocery store and the cashier is moving a little slow and they have a problem with scanning an item, Be patience my friend........When that same cashier looks like thought you and starts helping people behind you one after another....How long should you wait before you speak up? or should you just be patient.

He was assuming that he was being ignored, when it is just that the staff is very busy. Just like you are assuming that he even put in a guide application. If he were acting like an adult, he could simply be patient.

He basically called up a soup kitchen a couple times and got no answer, then stormed down there to publicly and angrily announced to everyone who volunteers there that they are shit, and how good he is to homeless people and how he is such a good volunteer person and wanted to help so much but the asshole volunteers never answer the phone!

To which they respond, oh yea were all busy feeding the homeless, the place to sign up is right over there, on the application sheet.

App not looking good because it was never created.

Tecmos Deception
03-30-2014, 01:15 PM
ty

:D

heartbrand
03-30-2014, 01:26 PM
My frustration with the staff is at least create apprentice guides who can summon decayed corpses and what not and answer basic petitions that don't require escalation. There's no reason there should be 200+ petitions in forums at the moment.

inb4 I dont know what im talking about [was senior guide on live for nearly a decade including during the petition era]

BigHurb
03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
then you would know thats just another layer of potential corruption that isnt worth the hassle, and stop playing so much games!

LulzSect
03-30-2014, 01:47 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/image.php?u=1&type=sigpic&dateline=1386158008

Fame
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/dw563c.gif

good gif, will use in future

Fame
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
XP bonus is getting increased,

Looking forward to being able to sleep through the night again.

Nekkojakk
03-31-2014, 12:02 AM
He thinks he's going to hear something from the GMs/Staff..haha

Nirgon
03-31-2014, 12:43 AM
You know, it's actually quite nice that you have all so kindly made my position crystal clear for the GMs. Looking forward to hearing from them.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/liferekindled/14576858/540778/540778_original.gif

Kergan
03-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Honestly, I think the biggest issue with the whole exp change thing is timing. Had they done this 6 months ago or 6 months from now I think it would have had less of an impact. It's a perfect storm of D3 expansion release, ESO release, general burnout having access to the same content for 2 years and a knowledge that Velious isn't very far off now that the beta has hit. I think people feel now is the time to take a break, especially knowing changes are going to happen soon to help improve exp. Why play now when you can wait it out a few months for better exp and a new expansion?

Tassador
03-31-2014, 12:32 PM
As sick as many of you are op is the sickest ;/ hope you find help bud this is just a game.

Bazia
03-31-2014, 12:47 PM
reds good at getting guides, blue is the problem here

all our guides end up covering down over there a majority of the time and it leaves red deserted

over 1000+ players and they have to use our guides to mediate all their bullshit

how dirty are the blue whistles for shits sake

Ugrask
03-31-2014, 02:13 PM
reds good at getting guides, blue is the problem here

all our guides end up covering down over there a majority of the time and it leaves red deserted

over 1000+ players and they have to use our guides to mediate all their bullshit

how dirty are the blue whistles for shits sake

If I had to guess, probably just a lot of disrespectful assholes that can't be killed like on Red. IE PL'ers monopolizing a zone, camp disputes etc etc. Let alone two boxing, since they don't have to worry about the box being killed.

A lot of hand-holding due to people being anonymous fuckwits.

Lurgort/Sseri
03-31-2014, 02:54 PM
After reading through some of these posts, I'll begin with a "Holy shit, this thread blew up pretty quick."

Now you guys probably don't even know me, but I decided I want to play the game I played 15 years ago, back in July of 2013. I noticed P99Blue had a thousand people, and P99Red had ~250 people. I decided to join the red server because I thought it would be as fun of an experience as VZTZ had been, and for a while, it was pretty fun. EXP bonus was nice, made quite a few friends to level up without aligning myself to any guilds.

So then I take a break due to other obligations, come back...the pop is at 80 people, rarely reaching 120 now, and there's threads all over the place saying red is doomed to burn. All I can say is, "Operation Big Things For Red" better deliver, because right now, I don't have a single cell in my brain saying "Log in on red and have fun!" like I used to last summer.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Azure
03-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Yeah Sseri exemplary casual player 2.. was good on the box.

BigHurb
03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
just finished exit counseling module

your estimated student loan balance is: $49,718

ouch!

Lurgort/Sseri
03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah Sseri exemplary casual player 2.. was good on the box.

Well it was fun, man. Now it's not. When games aren't fun, why play them?

Anyway, it was a good run.

Azure
03-31-2014, 03:07 PM
just finished exit counseling module

your estimated student loan balance is: $49,718

ouch!

U know what tho... u will be good, u'll make that back in a few years, than you'll eitehr have a huge disposable income or be able to start investing in some real return on that 49,718 - look at it as investment in yourself and not debt.

Well it was fun, man. Now it's not. When games aren't fun, why play them?

Anyway, it was a good run.

yep ) thats why I value your opinion.

Kergan
03-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Smartest thing I ever did was leave a 4 year school for tech school. Saved myself 25k in debt, added 2 years to my resume next to other comparable candidates.

Iandyan
03-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Been playing for a couple months now.

Never been raged at in OOC or tells.

Been killed in pvp but never griefed.

Sirken responded to my in game /petition within 30 seconds regarding a bugged mob.

Roll today to get in a good spot for when the changes are implemented! Still a solid exp bonus at early levels.

Cid
04-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Cid doesn't have a guide application in.

Even though we've been asking for guide applications for weeks now.

And btw, as I've stated multiple times in the past, we know this community is fantastic. There's just a very vocal minority that are grade A assholes that need to shape up. Everyone else contributes to what is probably one of the most welcoming group of players on either server. But thanks for reading 1 post and then exploding because we didn't select your non-existent guide app for the guide program.

And to answer your question, no, a shitty internet connection doesn't disqualify you from the Guide program, but you're likely to get veto'd by Rogean or Nilbog if you have a forumfucksplosion in a thread.

It is correct that I do not have a guide app. Had any GM actually read what I posted in the Guide topic, someone would have realized I was wanting to know the answer you just gave me before I submitted an application.
I sent a Private Message to Sirken and then finally asked openly in the Guide topic about my internet. If you'd seen the reactions I get about it and not being able to use TS or Ventrilo you would understand why I needed to know that first. Sirken and Zade were both posting in other topics during the time I waited and after I finally gave up I know one of them posted again in the topic, but never acknowledged anything I said.

I know I will be disqualified from being a Guide based purely on that post. I knew that when I wrote it. However, you are wrong if you think I was or am mad about this. Were I to become angry it would be much, much longer and more insulting. It was exasperation. I have watched one thing after another cause people to leave no matter how much I do and devoid of any information it starts to seem like you guys are actively working against me. I could completely understand everyone just deciding to kill Red and I DO NOT want that to happen.

I will keep doing what I do on my end regardless. Helping people is what I enjoy and I don't care what anyone thinks of me for it. It's likely better I don't become a Guide anyway. I don't think any of you would enjoy how strict and unyielding my principles are and I get to avoid getting involved in staff and guild politics.

I am not trying to reconcile or take back anything I said. You GMs do things in ways I cannot condone and I can no longer honestly trust that you all have the best interests of the server as a priority. I have never asked for help of any kind whatsoever from a GM on Red and I never will, nor will I continue this discussion publicly. I wanted you to respond. If you wish to say anything else to me in particular, please send me a private message.

Also, though it may seem disingenuous at this point, you did respond and answered my original question so thank you very much. If you have characters not associated with being a GM I will gladly help you if you just ask. I don't want to know it is you, I will help anyone who asks for it and my assistance is always free.

I don't know who will wind up as Guides or GMs here in the future, but for the sake of the quiet majority, choose them well. There are a lot of good people depending on it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I read every single post in the topic before choosing to say what I did. You should not make assumptions about me beyond my willingness to help. I am not like anyone you have ever met unless you are a well-versed psychiatrist.

Smedy
04-01-2014, 01:50 AM
15 pages and i have not bothered to read one of them

can i get a summary and who was OP's toon @ red99?

Fawqueue
04-01-2014, 02:27 AM
15 pages and i have not bothered to read one of them

can i get a summary and who was OP's toon @ red99?

Basically he claims to be the most influential force behind this entire project, and he's mad/bad/sad because of xp nerf.

Nirgon
04-01-2014, 10:37 AM
So if Sirken and Derubael go away on vacation can we have something like that Purge movie comin' out (applies to forums as well)?

Might even play for that even with no item loot / other classic features

Galacticus
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
It is correct that I do not have a guide app. Had any GM actually read what I posted in the Guide topic, someone would have realized I was wanting to know the answer you just gave me before I submitted an application.
I sent a Private Message to Sirken and then finally asked openly in the Guide topic about my internet. If you'd seen the reactions I get about it and not being able to use TS or Ventrilo you would understand why I needed to know that first. Sirken and Zade were both posting in other topics during the time I waited and after I finally gave up I know one of them posted again in the topic, but never acknowledged anything I said.

I know I will be disqualified from being a Guide based purely on that post. I knew that when I wrote it. However, you are wrong if you think I was or am mad about this. Were I to become angry it would be much, much longer and more insulting. It was exasperation. I have watched one thing after another cause people to leave no matter how much I do and devoid of any information it starts to seem like you guys are actively working against me. I could completely understand everyone just deciding to kill Red and I DO NOT want that to happen.

I will keep doing what I do on my end regardless. Helping people is what I enjoy and I don't care what anyone thinks of me for it. It's likely better I don't become a Guide anyway. I don't think any of you would enjoy how strict and unyielding my principles are and I get to avoid getting involved in staff and guild politics.

I am not trying to reconcile or take back anything I said. You GMs do things in ways I cannot condone and I can no longer honestly trust that you all have the best interests of the server as a priority. I have never asked for help of any kind whatsoever from a GM on Red and I never will, nor will I continue this discussion publicly. I wanted you to respond. If you wish to say anything else to me in particular, please send me a private message.

Also, though it may seem disingenuous at this point, you did respond and answered my original question so thank you very much. If you have characters not associated with being a GM I will gladly help you if you just ask. I don't want to know it is you, I will help anyone who asks for it and my assistance is always free.

I don't know who will wind up as Guides or GMs here in the future, but for the sake of the quiet majority, choose them well. There are a lot of good people depending on it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I read every single post in the topic before choosing to say what I did. You should not make assumptions about me beyond my willingness to help. I am not like anyone you have ever met unless you are a well-versed psychiatrist.

It took me a good hour or more to fill out the guide application. If you can't spend an hour putting in an application then how can you expect a GM to take 5 minuets to look at and answer your message out of the other 50 messages they have in their inbox?

You think you deserve special treatment? You don't have to take the time like everyone else to put in an application unless your questions are answered first?

Then you come to the forums and call out GMs?

I have met well-versed psychiatrists and you definitely don't seem to be one.

Cid
04-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm not even sure who you are, or why you seem intent on antagonizing me. If you somehow believe that making a stand alone defense of the GMs will win you some sort of boost for your application, I wish you the best of luck.

If you think I am an ungrateful prick, or anything else, I am truly ok with that. I will not, however, argue with you publicly. If you wish to send a PM, go for it, but if you are basing your judgement of me on this topic I would ask that you do a little digging before sending it. Thank you.

You did misunderstand my edited comment. It's my fault, I worded it badly. I did not mean to insinuate that I was a psychiatrist. I have a schizoid personality disorder.

Galacticus
04-01-2014, 12:54 PM
I have nothing against you and have never seen you in game. I am not trying to antagonize you or expect any personal gains from posting anything here.

You seem like a cool guy and seem to be willing to help people which is great.

Nothing personal, its more about the way you went about getting attention and the irony of not even turning in an application that I had to address.

Just calling em how I see em.

Champion_Standing
04-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I never understood why they can't leave eq open and then go through ooc once or twice a week and hand out bans. The people you would gain from a mature player base would far outweigh the toxic people you would lose. It's night and day going from red99 to other MMO's. I think people forget that the way people act here isn't normal.

Fuckin lol'd

Beastro
04-02-2014, 11:52 PM

Just turn off ooc, man....

thugcruncher
04-03-2014, 03:22 AM

Azure
04-03-2014, 09:13 AM
wow 4 real didn't know u coudl do taht

Squire
04-03-2014, 09:22 AM
someone sticky my tutorial plz

phacemeltar
04-03-2014, 09:34 AM
WHAT A MOTHERFUCKIN ATTENTION WHORE. POST THIS STUPID SHIT IN THE PETITION FORUM. WAAH WAAH IM A BAAABY. (thats what i think you sound like)

P.S. tl;dr

Fael
04-03-2014, 09:48 AM
get rid of global ooc. Its classic.