PDA

View Full Version : Question About Third Party Programs

flooze
03-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Is something like autohotkey against server rules? I see obviously that something like MQ is not allowed but is autohotkey considered in the same category? As a new bard and in the absence of a working /melody command, my wrists are killing me. Of course I'd rather press a few extra buttons than be banned so that's why I'm asking. Appreciate the info.

Varren
03-29-2014, 01:00 PM
yeah all that kind of stuff will get you banned i'm pretty sure

bomaroast
03-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Technically you're not supposed to use 3rd party programs, but if you're at your keyboard there is nothing that can be done about it. As long as there is no manipulating or interpreting the data ala MQ2. I use my Logitech G13 gamepad for this.

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 02:06 PM
yea if the automation is completing the action entirely its not kosher, you can use say, a program to read a log file and output your location to a mini map... but there is no automation like taking you to a location on autopilot..

flooze
03-29-2014, 02:11 PM
So if I just use it to twist a few songs I should be ok?

BigHurb
03-29-2014, 02:13 PM
no because you're automating a task you can do manually in game.. but really just dont get caught i mean, look at what nihilum did to red and blue alike with platlord... someone wants to play the damn game BETTER should be treated as OK.. dont get caught!