PDA

View Full Version : Lowbie WAR threat weapon question

TheFishyOne
03-29-2014, 11:48 AM
'ey guys.

Right now, my 19 WAR is tanking with a Jarsath Trident in MH, and a Green Jade Broadsword in OH. They produce enough aggro to meet my needs for now, but 20 is almost upon me, and with it, the removal of dmg caps. I have been considering swapping my trident with an Obsidian Shard I have in my bank, but my DEX is only 110 w/o trident, and I'm lucky to have it proc once every minute. I'm also broke as a joke for the time being, so I guess my question to you guys is:
How much DEX should I have to make Obsidian Shard worth using, come 20?
Around what level will I need to have this in place to remain viable as a tank?

Many thanks in advane for any input you guys have.

Kayso
03-29-2014, 01:45 PM
This isn't the answer you're looking for, but it might be more helpful.

In terms of pure threat, I believe this is the consensus route you should take...

Level 15 - Goblin Skull Crusher x2

Level 25 - Gnoll Hide Lariat, Goblin Skull Crusher (oh)

Level 30 - Scorpikic Claw Impaler x2

In terms of other "cheap" warrior weapons -- there is argument as to rather SSotY (37), Ykeshan War Club (40), or Sarnak Warhammer (46) ever out-threat the Scorpikic Claw Impaler, but they proc at the levels shown.

Also, this is from classic/progression. Not sure if different on P99.

Dragonsblood1987
04-01-2014, 11:38 AM
This isn't the answer you're looking for, but it might be more helpful.

In terms of pure threat, I believe this is the consensus route you should take...

Level 15 - Goblin Skull Crusher x2

Level 25 - Gnoll Hide Lariat, Goblin Skull Crusher (oh)

Level 30 - Scorpikic Claw Impaler x2

In terms of other "cheap" warrior weapons -- there is argument as to rather SSotY (37), Ykeshan War Club (40), or Sarnak Warhammer (46) ever out-threat the Scorpikic Claw Impaler, but they proc at the levels shown.

Also, this is from classic/progression. Not sure if different on P99.

Something else to keep in mind. If you want to go for ykesha procs and cant wait 3 lvls for the clubs, get acid etched war swords. theyre about 1/4 the price of a SSoY and are *LITERALLY IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY* except for appearance. Unless.. yknow. youre willing to drop 2k for a pair of weapons based solely on looks.

I never did use Scorps, though once those yaks start proccing, i can tell you that i never once lost aggro after the first proc went off.

Glenzig
04-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Something else to keep in mind. If you want to go for ykesha procs and cant wait 3 lvls for the clubs, get acid etched war swords. theyre about 1/4 the price of a SSoY and are *LITERALLY IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY* except for appearance. Unless.. yknow. youre willing to drop 2k for a pair of weapons based solely on looks.

I never did use Scorps, though once those yaks start proccing, i can tell you that i never once lost aggro after the first proc went off.

Does the Ykesha proc work before lvl 37? I saw on the wiki that the proc says "at level 37" on the description. Does this mean that it will not proc until that lvl?

Scikala
04-10-2014, 11:48 AM
And last I knew dmg was capped until 30?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

lecompte
04-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Does the Ykesha proc work before lvl 37? I saw on the wiki that the proc says "at level 37" on the description. Does this mean that it will not proc until that lvl?

It will not proc until level 37.

Glenzig
04-10-2014, 05:28 PM
It will not proc until level 37.

I was pretty sure that was the right answer, but not 100%. Thanks.

Quineloe
04-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Scorpikis Claw Impalers are not that great, I had people still pull agro off me even after 2 procs with high agro spells such as force shock or stuns and their proc rate leaves a lot to be desired with just 74 dex.

Though still better than using a high DPS weapon and relying on taunt. One proc glues the mob to you if no one does anything stupid

I don't know how that compares to ykesha procs yet, I'm just 34.