PDA

View Full Version : Changes file causing crashes? (A question about eqchangesv3)

psizzle
08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I followed the Getting Started notes on eqemulator.org and logged in to the Project 1999 server fine. I didn't play, barely moved. I had to go take care of something so I logged out. Before I logged back in, I came here and checked out the notes here about getting started. I followed all the directions about unzipping and replacing the files with the eqchangesv3 zip file, then I was getting the GUI Error message and the game was crashing. I then went through and patched Savok's files (uichangesv2) and eqgame.exe started crashing without even getting to the login screen. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step?

In short, I was in the game fine prior to applying the eqchangesv3 patch, but after the patch it's crashing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks!

08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Exact same for me.

Applied the patches, received XML GUI errors. Found the thread, downloading and correcting all the default UI stuff, now I am receiving memory error upon running the game.

I was logged in the game this am, prior to applying all the v3 patch changes. Have been unable to login since...

08-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Just to see, I re-installed the game from the DVDs, and followed every instruction from Savok's UI thread. Again, it gives the memory reference error, and aborts running.

I am running the Secrets of Faydwer expansion set on Windows 7.

Again, I had no issues before applying the v3 updates.

psizzle
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I re-installed, played without installing eqchangesv3 and it worked fine until I hit lvl 9 on my shaman and can't scribe Spirit of Wolf. So I installed eqchangesv3 AND the ui update, and I get the following UI error:

UIErrorLog created at Wed Aug 18 13:17:34 2010
[Wed Aug 18 13:17:42 2010] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMax[634] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxP[635] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxH[636] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnNormal[637] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressed[638] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnFlyby[639] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnDisabled[640] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressedFlyby[641] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightTop[642] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRight[643] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightBottom[644] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftTop[645] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeft[646] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftBottom[647] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[648] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_InvPowerSource[649] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Wed Aug 18 13:17:42 2010] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed Aug 18 13:17:42 2010] Error validating symbol table.

I will go through the default ui stuff again, but last time the client just crashed immediately. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - Updated the default UI and the default_old ui. eqgame.exe now crashes before even getting to the login screen.

08-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, those were similar errors I was receiving in the error log text file too. A bunch of undeclared references in the Ui2DAnimation.

Psizzle, are you running Win 7 x64 as well? Might help identify the problem if it's known we're both running the same OS or not.

psizzle
08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes, those were similar errors I was receiving in the error log text file too. A bunch of undeclared references in the Ui2DAnimation.

Psizzle, are you running Win 7 x64 as well? Might help identify the problem if it's known we're both running the same OS or not.

Nope, I'm running XP.

Savok
08-19-2010, 10:44 AM
The files were tested on the Titanium set only.

I basically reinstalled the whole game and tested the files from the UI thread. Everything works correctly. One option is for me to add the references above into the Titanium EQUI_Animations.xml file (see below)

Savok
08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm testing out a newer Animations file with the missing SoF parts in it.

Savok
08-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Ok for the default (not default_old) SoF client try the attached file and see if it fixes your issue. Let me know ASAP so I can update the UI thread files if it works.

08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Almost got it, Savok. Here is the recent text from UIErrors.txt

UIErrorLog created at Thu Aug 19 12:21:22 2010
[Thu Aug 19 12:21:24 2010] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CornerSquare[645] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Thu Aug 19 12:21:24 2010] Error validating symbol table.

Thank you so much for your efforts in this. It is very appreciated, and you rock!

psizzle
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Did all that, the problem is the same. I get the GUI error BEFORE I add the p1999 file changes. Once I do that, EQ will not launch. It doesn't give me an error reference or anything, the eqgame.exe just crashes before getting to login.

Savok
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Almost got it, Savok. Here is the recent text from UIErrors.txt
UIErrorLog created at Thu Aug 19 12:21:22 2010
[Thu Aug 19 12:21:24 2010] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CornerSquare[645] referenced but NEVER declared!

Thank you so much for your efforts in this. It is very appreciated, and you rock!

That is a reference for the corner in the Velious UI. Do you have any of those files in your UI folder?

Savok
08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I went ahead and updated the default_uichanges.zip and velious.zip files to make them more SoF compatible.

Did all that, the problem is the same. I get the GUI error BEFORE I add the p1999 file changes. Once I do that, EQ will not launch. It doesn't give me an error reference or anything, the eqgame.exe just crashes before getting to login.

If after running through the UI post and your still having issues then either your not keeping all of the original default files (which contain the EQLS_ character screen files) or you have some other issue that is out of my hands. The eqchangesv3 file doesn't contain anything that would stop you from loading to the game.

08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I only have the default ui folder, with the applied changes from the Project 1999 download, and then your new animations xml file.

I thinking I may have misunderstood your directions, I deleted the default folder, and recopied from the original install, then directly applied your new animation xml, and I am now able to login. If there were any specific Velious UI instructions, it must have derived from the uichangesv2 file, which I do not have installed atm. Any errors are definitely originating in that file update.

In game now, however, I am getting prompts I am not connected to the Universal Chat server, so I am unable to add friends (I tried to add Vakos to my friends list). I appear to be able to send tells, though I didn't get a reply from the person I sent tells to, so I don't know if they are going through.

-----------------------------

After this, I reread your update, and went back to your original post, and applied your new version of uichangesv2, and I again receive the memory error and am unable to run the game.

Something in the uichangesv2 is causing SoF to crash. If I do not apply that update, I am able to login, but am unaware if I am missing anything on the screen graphic or chat-wise.

Savok
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok so one of the files in the default_uiupdate.zip file is causing a SoF error, but it doesn't appear to be the EQUI_Animations.xml file correct?

I wish I had a SoF box set to test out, would make it a whole lot easier.

Savok
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
What happens if you use the default UI from SoF and just drop the http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default_uichanges.zip file into it? Does it work then?

I'm guessing there are more differences in the EQLS files between Titanium and SoF box sets, and downloading the http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default.zip file is causing you issues. Using just the default_uichanges.zip file should still allow you to load into Project 1999 with the SoF UI.

Can anyone zip up the standard default UI that is installed from the SoF box set?

08-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Ok so one of the files in the default_uiupdate.zip file is causing a SoF error, but it doesn't appear to be the EQUI_Animations.xml file correct?
Correct.

What happens if you use the default UI from SoF and just drop the http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default_uichanges.zip file into it? Does it work then?
Yes, it works. And I now see the graphic on the "Enter World" button, which wasn't there prior. However, I am still not connected to the Universal Chat server. Is this an unrelated problem, or a normal error that everyone has? I cannot add /friend

I'm guessing there are more differences in the EQLS files between Titanium and SoF box sets, and downloading the http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default.zip file is causing you issues. Using just the default_uichanges.zip file should still allow you to load into Project 1999 with the SoF UI.

Seemingly, yes. When I install default.zip file, I receive the memory error.

Can anyone zip up the standard default UI that is installed from the SoF box set?

And here is the ZIP of the SoF default ui
default_sof_ui.zip (http://www.fhgn.org/cataclysm/files/default_sof_ui.zip)

Savok
08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I'll check out the differences tonight and see if I can help out on the SoF boxset a bit.

08-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Awesome, thank you so much. At least in the interim the game is playable. :)

Savok
08-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Actually I think I have the SoF set from the Steam download. Going to test it out.

vincin
08-19-2010, 10:48 PM
I love you psizzle

Savok
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
OK I had a friend bring over his SoF set and I should have some files for later today.

Savok
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
From a standard SoF box set install you will have these (http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default_sof.zip) files as your default UI. You need to overwite those with these (http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/default_sof_uichanges.zip) UI files to make it compatible with P1999.

I'm working on getting the Velious UI, as well as my own Project99 UI SoF box set compatible.

As far as the friends system, in SoF it was based around the Universal Chat system - so no friends lists here I'm afraid.

psizzle
08-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Savok - thanks a ton for your work on this man. Apologies if I'm one of the less code-literate folks in these parts

08-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, Savok, thank you for everything! Everything appears to work fine now, and thank you (also) for the notification of no friends list. We SoF users will just have to make due. ;)

Savok
08-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Added velious UI fixes now as well.