PDA

View Full Version : Incentives?

blondeattk
03-28-2014, 05:16 AM
As a new player who joined p99 in nov, I cant afford the time to join the beta.

My main is low 50s and i generally have less than 1kpp to my name.

Any spare time cant be wasted on being a guinea pig. Quite frankly am being asked to work for nothing.

WOuld like to help out, but limited play time has to be spent on trying to move my main forward.

Theres no incentive for lowbie players to help out. SO imo dont complain about there being noone on beta. We just cant afford the time :(

blondeattk
03-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Devs get nothing but the joy of watching you play. And you cant be bothered to help. #sadday

SOme folk have to make life choices. As an adult that has a life, I cant spend all day doing free testing for someone elses project.

The devs get all the glory. To say they get nothingout of it is complete rubbish.

Barkingturtle
03-28-2014, 07:46 AM
The incentive for everyone is the same: the expedited release of Velious.

In Velious, you too can pursue the glory.

harnold
03-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Where did the staff complain that there wasn't enough people on beta?

TWDL_Prexus
03-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Do people really think they are doing some type of service to the devs by playing here? I honestly doubt they care either way. If people don't feel like testing it will just take longer for it to go live.

tldr; you get nothing, good day sir.

Fame
03-28-2014, 09:50 AM
first world problems

Cyrano
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
SOme folk have to make life choices. As an adult that has a life, I cant spend all day doing free testing for someone elses project.

The devs get all the glory. To say they get nothingout of it is complete rubbish.

There's plenty of glory to go around.

maximum
03-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Have you ever seen a pure developer/programmer recognize or thank the community that was built around their* code? It's rare. They are not politicians. They are just dudes who write machine language all day.

It sucks that people aren't exploring Beta. One reason is because the bosses/Gods aren't there. TOV/Mischief isn't in yet at all. Many of the regular zone quests (and kills) there now can be done fairly quickly. It took me a few weeks to do what I wanted.

One incentive is that you get to see mob and zone behavior before it's released.

Nirgon
03-31-2014, 11:16 AM
To be honest playing the regular servers has its value too.

There's always someone that turns up and reminds us of something.

And hey, not everyone is some EQ savant that can pimp our classic ride.

Twainz
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Devs get nothing but the joy of watching you play. And you cant be bothered to help. #sadday

Unless they play on Red. Then you have Azrael talking shit about them because something wasn't correct and got changed.

blondeattk
04-01-2014, 02:11 PM
`It sucks that people aren't exploring Beta. One reason is because the bosses/Gods aren't there. TOV/Mischief isn't in yet at all. Many of the regular zone quests (and kills) there now can be done fairly quickly. It took me a few weeks to do what I wanted.`

I am not sure it sucks(well maybe) as much as being very predictable. Seems naiive assuming that players on p99 can afford the time to play test content VS do important RL stuff vs have fun on the reg server. I dont knwo the exact demograpics, but id bet that 60% of the server are 27-33 or older. eg Not not some bloated teenager sitting in mommys basement living their life in VR all day long. Now I know that many of us since 1999 have done this sometimeor another during our EQ addiction (in 2004 i played eq almost daily for 10months) But actually many of us have managed to control our habit and can set time limits.

this week ive rarely seen more than 10 in the beta. working as intended?

/endofwhine (for now)

Fuddwin
04-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't want reward to play Beta as much as I would like direction... EQ savant I am not, so a little guidance as to what needs work would help... I actually look at server pop every time I log in and really wish I could help... Just don't know where to start...

maximum
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't want reward to play Beta as much as I would like direction... EQ savant I am not, so a little guidance as to what needs work would help... I actually look at server pop every time I log in and really wish I could help... Just don't know where to start...

Just log in and check it out. Jump in the water. Cast some spells. Try to break the game. If you see something you know looks wrong, post in discussion. If you have historical proof (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5570), then post a Bug thread.

Sebekkha
04-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Started November and have a 50s char already ? That's pretty good going , i've been here since 2011 and only have a level 54 monk with 95 days played ha ha ha

Nirgon
04-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Naw

We got bloated 27-40 year olds living with mom on here for sure

Sylexis
04-02-2014, 10:29 AM
You just have to pick and choose the way you help. I hate soloing, so I nag my guild to do a friday night beta group every week instead. Am I living on the beta server? No. Am I doing something to help? Yes.

Laugher
04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
If you want Teams Velious must come first, consider a fresh start with a 50 cap possibly in the near future from Velious release your reward :)

Azure
04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
virtue is its own reward

OMG.... I never thought I would see this... from ... CHEWIE...

Dood.... .......................

lol

bwhahahahaha

Kika Maslyaka
04-10-2014, 11:40 AM
As a new player who joined p99 in nov, I cant afford the time to join the beta.

My main is low 50s and i generally have less than 1kpp to my name.

Any spare time cant be wasted on being a guinea pig. Quite frankly am being asked to work for nothing.

WOuld like to help out, but limited play time has to be spent on trying to move my main forward.

Theres no incentive for lowbie players to help out. SO imo dont complain about there being noone on beta. We just cant afford the time :(

Some people obnoxiousness surprises me to no end.
You play on a FREE server, which is run by people who TOO have RL issues, work, family, etc, and you want to be paid for helping them to give you free entertainment?

Please don't help. And don't play here neither.
K?Thx.Bye