PDA

View Full Version : Interested Bluebie

Mirakk82
03-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

Pretty new to the project here. I signed up years ago but left because of borked pet mechanics. I'm back now, and starting to really enjoy myself here. However, now that I see there's a pvp server, I'm interested in what goes on over there.

I've heard some iffy things about the server, but I know that pvp isn't for everyone. That means their feedback might be skewed. Personally, I wasn't a pvper in everquest really. However, I have pvped in every game I played in the last 10 years.

1. Can you guys list a few pros for coming here?

2. How are guilds handling recruitment etc?

3. I know there's likely very few lowbies at this point, and suspect a good amount of douchebaggery as a result of people being rich and bored. Confirm/deny?

4. Is there any kind of organized pvp going on as well? Or does it simply end up being 1-2 people duking it out over a contested camp from time to time?

Sektor
03-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Uprising is a good guild for leveling. A bunch of us are in our late teens to mid 20s I'm sure mafakka can help you catch up to us. You need a mic and ts3 if you want to group with me.

Also if you pledge yourself to Azrael and make a cleric or a class they need they will help you big time.

Kazi
03-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Basically the server is dying and at least one of the staff finally admitted to not caring. Avoid.

Sektor
03-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Basically the server is dying and at least one of the staff finally admitted to not caring. Avoid.

Gotta have faith. GMs are human too you know.

Mirakk82
03-27-2014, 03:47 PM

I was surprised to see it even made it this far. When I was here 3 years ago people were still petitioning for it, and it seemed like nobody cared then. Server pop took a dive recently on red I noticed. From reading I see that coincides with the xp nerf on the server. On a server with low pop there's no reason to do this, aside from deterring people from using it.

That said, I want to get in before the doors close, to at least experience some classic-ish pvp. (No item loot? D'awwww)

Faerie
03-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Don't listen to the negative people here. The GMs and devs have a super secret plan in the works that they believe will increase population, specifically in the low/mid range. Part of this plan is likely going to be some form of group xp bonus.

There are groups to be found right now if you look for them, but they can be kinda few and far between. It's not a bad time to join the server, but if you want to play a group class it might be best to wait for the changes to go in... which will be very soon, according to the GMs.

Kazi
03-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Don't listen to the negative people here.

And yes, we get that people are quitting. We don't care.

Just ignore that. Have FAITH.

Tecmos Deception
03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
1. Can you guys list a few pros for coming here?

2. How are guilds handling recruitment etc?

3. I know there's likely very few lowbies at this point, and suspect a good amount of douchebaggery as a result of people being rich and bored. Confirm/deny?

4. Is there any kind of organized pvp going on as well? Or does it simply end up being 1-2 people duking it out over a contested camp from time to time?

1. Server not "overcrowded" like some think blue is, probably more likely you can make a name for yourself on this server in a much shorter time than on blue, you can do anything on this server you can do on blue but you also can PvP here.

2. Each and every guild pretty much wants anyone it can get. This isn't 100% true, but it's pretty damn close.

3. Twinks (or people otherwise well-prepared for "gank"-style kills... like people who have multiple SKs at different level ranges, etc) harassing (I don't say griefing because imo GRIEF is pretty severe... killing someone every time you see them in zone, or killing someone 2-3 times in a row... isn't giref) lowbies leveling up does exist, but it tends to be concentrated in the guk area and the unrest area. There are few people leveling up relatively speaking though, yes. Hopefully the staff have some changes for us in the very near future to change that.

4. Guilds PVP on larger scales over raid spawns constantly. Not sure how much group v group PVP happens otherwise.

Biaxil
03-27-2014, 04:12 PM
1. Server not "overcrowded" like some think blue is, probably more likely you can make a name for yourself on this server in a much shorter time than on blue, you can do anything on this server you can do on blue but you also can PvP here.

2. Each and every guild pretty much wants anyone it can get. This isn't 100% true, but it's pretty damn close.

3. Twinks (or people otherwise well-prepared for "gank"-style kills... like people who have multiple SKs at different level ranges, etc) harassing (I don't say griefing because imo GRIEF is pretty severe... killing someone every time you see them in zone, or killing someone 2-3 times in a row... isn't giref) lowbies leveling up does exist, but it tends to be concentrated in the guk area and the unrest area. There are few people leveling up relatively speaking though, yes. Hopefully the staff have some changes for us in the very near future to change that.

4. Guilds PVP on larger scales over raid spawns constantly. Not sure how much group v group PVP happens otherwise.

This.

Sektor
03-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Just ignore that. Have FAITH.

If deru said that chances are people quitting are whiny babies that cause more harm then anything. If you truly don't believe in these guys then you should quit and Derubael not caring is something 98% of players would say.

HippoNipple
03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
This.

Biaxil are you a high elf wizard in game? If so what guild are you in?

Tassador
03-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the server friend of the people.

Fame
03-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Deru is one of us, and I for one have faith.

Humerox
03-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Deru is one of us, and I for one have faith.

Unfortunately neither Deru nor Sirken own the box.

Telron
03-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Pvp happens. Game is solid. Plenty of room to camp whatever you want and plenty of spots if you want to go looking for trouble. I love red99. Perhaps you will too.

Derubael
03-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Have FAITH.

Hey look. I can quote out of context too.

dethbringre
03-27-2014, 08:07 PM
I levelled a bard to 51 without the exp bonus here, granted alot of it was reverse kites. Levelled a Pally to the 40s with exp bonus and a chanter into the 50s without bonus. It isn't the exp nerf that has given me doubt lately. It really does "feel" like someone isn't interested in red anymore from within the echelon of management. Do I know how shit works higher up? No. But thats just the feeling I get personally.

iiNGloriouS
03-27-2014, 11:16 PM

I don't need to read anything Tecmos says. He is red as fuck and I trust him.

Squire
03-28-2014, 08:24 AM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2q20nix.jpg

Build me a freedom tower out of the ashes of groundzero99 deru.

we need some positive changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nay31hvEvrY