PDA

View Full Version : Resolution issues with HDMI computer display

Skittlez
03-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey p99, I am having trouble getting a resolution that has at least a 60 hz refresh rate when I use my HDMI cable on my TV monitor. I had to force a resolution that my TV doesn't use and its refresh rate is 30 max, or else a lot of my icons are not visible because they are out of view on the edges of my display, and it doesn't matter what resolution I set, it's the same with them all. The TV is a 1080p Vizio brand.

My Nvidia control panel didn't help me much and I am kind of at a loss as to what I need to do to fix it.

Please halp!

Nuggie
03-27-2014, 10:43 PM
You should repost this in the technical discussion thread.

Weltmacht
03-27-2014, 11:21 PM
While far from an expert/knowledgeable/passably coherent, you won't be getting a refresh rate higher than 60hz with hdmi regardless due to bandwidth. If your resolution is where you want it then i would ignore the refresh rate while using the monitor as a tv, as iirc tv only displays in, like, 24hz or something anyway.

If that wasn't even close to what you were asking then i can but offer my sincerestish apologies and continue on my merry way, wishing you something approaching good luck on yours.

Skittlez
03-28-2014, 01:20 PM
I ended up fixing it actually. I had to use the overlay options to get it fixed as my desktop icons were hanging off the screen. Thanks for the help though.

As for the other guy, had my post been relevant to EQ I would have gladly posted in there, but this wasn't about EverQuest. Thanks for your insight though.