PDA

View Full Version : Does low end loot still sell for good money?

chrisb46
03-27-2014, 06:52 AM
If I remember from back in the day (15 years - can't believe I remember!) low end stacks of bat wings, bone chips and other trash loot used to sell for good money to other players in the tunnel. Is this still the case? Worth hanging on to them till I get to Freeport? Just rolled my first new character from this time around in Kelethin.

Tecmos Deception
03-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Not bat wings, but stuff like bone chips, HQ pelts/skins, spiderLING silk (not so much spider silk), crushbone belts, orc scalps, stuff like that still sells pretty well yeah.

Sifka71
03-27-2014, 07:13 AM
I sold some bat wings the other day (2 stacks), so they do sell :)

chrisb46
03-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks, will start stashing. More backpacks methinks.

Byrjun
03-27-2014, 08:06 AM
I sold some bat wings the other day (2 stacks), so they do sell :)

Unfortunately they only sell to people who don't know that there's a vendor in EC that sells unlimited quantities.

Aeaolena
03-27-2014, 09:05 AM
If I remember from back in the day (15 years - can't believe I remember!) low end stacks of bat wings, bone chips and other trash loot used to sell for good money to other players in the tunnel. Is this still the case? Worth hanging on to them till I get to Freeport? Just rolled my first new character from this time around in Kelethin.

Low level druids near Kelethin (level 14) may be interested in buying stacks of batwings for Levitate. This market is fairly small however, since at level 19 those same druids can just gate to WC and buy them from a batwing vendor in EC.

I also believe there is a bone chip quest in Kaladim, so you may get some hits there. Although once you are high level enough, the real money is in selling Crushbone Belts and Lego pads you'll get from CB.

Personally if I were a low level character, I would hang onto every Spider Silk I come across. Turn them into Silk Swatches if you run low on space, and bank them on a mule. Once Velious hits live - you are going to see an onslaught of Thurgurdin Shawl questers hungry to level up Tailoring on Wu's armor, frustrated by the lack of supply, and desperate to pay anything. That is just my gut feeling, however.

Good luck :)

Callon
03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Also Greater lightstones off willowisp sells for about ~10-15pp each. Worthwhile to slay any black bear you come into contact with as the HQ pelt sells for about 25pp.

Bone chips as mentioned always in demand by Necro/SK and for Kaladim quest you can get about 5-10 per stack.

Keep on saving all them items and more and unload in EC for a good start. GOODLUCK!

Ingrum
03-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately they only sell to people who don't know that there's a vendor in EC that sells unlimited quantities.

There's tons of vendors for bat wings (htthttp://wiki.project1999.com/Bat_Wing) all over Norrath. However, some casting folks on evil characters will pay up to 20 plat for a stack near good aligned cities while they level up.

Butcherblock and Greater Fay are good places for this since there are no evil cities on Faydwer and a place like Unrest is much easier to get to with a levitate.

Do keep in mind that having a stack of bat wings delivered to you by a lowbie really is a convenience that many people won't bother paying for, but there definitely are some out there that will pay so it's not a bad idea to keep a stack on hand.

Keep every bone chip and orc belt you find and store me on a mule if you can 'cause whether you sell them for 10-20pp a stack or use them to level a low level char they WILL most likely find a use.

And great idea with the silk swatches Aeaolena!

Supaskillz
03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
On live people bought bat wings. Did people just not know vendors had them? Do we have unclassic vendor inventory? But yeah bone chips good one.

kain200
03-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Hey all I just started here a week ago and I'm loving it here! I was just wondering, how do you make silk swatches?

Laugher
03-27-2014, 11:54 AM
silk swatches I believe are 2 spider silks in a tailoring kit :)

Quineloe
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
On live people bought bat wings. Did people just not know vendors had them? Do we have unclassic vendor inventory? But yeah bone chips good one.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010624105734/http://eqdb.allakhazam.com/item.html?item=2734

mgellan
03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
People will pay decent coin for Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap mats for guilds who mass produce them for raiders:

polar bear skin
grizzly bear skin
shark skin
alligator skin
dragon dirk

Obviously if you have one of these yourself you have a get-out-of-death-free card, although for youngsters the 96pp recharge cost will be hard to manage. HQ bear skins for packs and such sell well too. My first real plat came from selling my bank full of hides to a tailor. Probably Spider silks will do well for making Wu's when velious comes out (not in game yet I don't think?). So there's a market for the low end farmed items!

Regards,
Mg

Archistopheles
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Don't forget about bandits in West Karana!!

Aside from the bronze weapons, they also drop bandit sashes that turn into more bronze weapons at Qeynos.

I was broke til 12 when I started hunting them. I made a cool 300pp by 14 without having to auction any goods.

However, I did get quite lonely by the time I was 15... It's very remote.

oldhead
03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
low end stuff sells 50 times faster than high end stuff, lol

mtb tripper
03-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Not on blue but on red yes