03-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Description:

Relevant NPCs:

Relevant LOCs:
Zone Wide

Steps to reproduce bug:
Aggro any Named boss that summons assistance of a particular type

Expected behavior:
Should summon assistance on aggro, and then again after a set period of time or lowered % of health.

Evidence/Research:

Mob info
QuoteReply
# Apr 09 2002 at 5:57 AM Rating: Decent
Chakii
7 posts
She can be done by 1 group :P.
workshiper of her are sylvan protectors, she summons them 1st time at aggroin (which makes the pullin of sylvans very easy) then arround at 50% and at 20% again. She got arround 200khps, max hit 700 (disced 500 or so) casts a lot. She drops random BPs (robes), but 1 at time and arround 2 - 3 spells.
~~ TM ~~

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6035

RE: Real INfo
QuoteReply
# May 01 2004 at 4:20 PM Rating: Decent
plainolewhiteguy
Scholar
104 posts
First off, don't judge anyone else's post. We all only write what we experience.

Second, YES, I personally saw him summon about a dozen Thiflings. Some were healers, some where enchanters, some were warriors. That was my experience. He may only summon a few at first, I am not sure, but then once we started attacking them, if they weren't all summoned, then more assisted from their camp. Beware.

He dropped the Bonecaster Leggings for us.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6405

Info
QuoteReply
# May 26 2002 at 5:55 PM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I wish some of y'all would post real info and quit messing around, anyways here's what I saw....
Easy kill, red to a 60, doesn't hit as hard as Treah. Anyways, we dropped him really easily with about 20 people, monk legs dropped yada yada.
Confusing what happened after that, maybe someone with real!*gasp* info can help me out. Someone noticed an entrolling near the camp, so we pulled and killed. Then another showed up, then another. We took 3 out, and then on the 4th, 7 more showed up and we whiped. So I'm guessing he summoned at 20% or so, and those were coming to where he summoned and aggroed us. Any ideas?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6405

Relevant screenshots:
None at this time.

Notes

I realize I don't have a ton of historical data to go on, and I hadn't been to plane of growth in almost a decade, but Divinity beta copied over last friday and wandered into PoGrowth to kill a few mobs. We killed Treah Greenroot and Undogo Digolo, and we also aggroed ali the elder at one point.

All three of these mobs as expected started shouting their call to summon adds to their aid, what was unexpected was the frequency their calls were happening. I got out a stopwatch and started timing the calls and I saw aggro messages at 45 seconds, 15 seconds, 2 seconds, 12 seconds and many more, some up to over a minute, and some right after the last.

I don't know what it is supposed to be exactly, but I don't believe it is currently working like it should.

Would love some input from other players or help finding an old PoG walkthrough to see if we can find any more info.

nilbog
03-26-2014, 03:25 PM
If you're moving (kiting) the npc from where it called for help, it will recall based on distance and time. Generally an eq tick is 6-7 seconds.

To my knowledge, this portion of the encounters never changed on eqlive, and they can be tested there.

That's how I wrote them. Willing to change based on research. Kinda complicated as is :x

Sylexis
03-26-2014, 03:29 PM
If you're moving (kiting) the npc from where it called for help, it will recall based on distance and time. Generally an eq tick is 6-7 seconds.

To my knowledge, this portion of the encounters never changed on eqlive, and they can be tested there.

That's how I wrote them. Willing to change based on research. Kinda complicated as is :x

Thanks Nilbog, I'll keep looking and see if I can find you some definitive info one way or the other.